Cialis Professional
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hoping Michelle Attends Figure Skating in Harlem Gala--5/2/17

  1. #1

    Heart Hoping Michelle Attends Figure Skating in Harlem Gala--5/2/17

    I hope that Michelle attends the Figure Skating in Harlem Gala on May 2, 2017. I have been following this wonderful event for years and have seen Michelle there time and time again. She was an honoree of the organization in 2014.

    http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports-...ches-girls-ice

    Figure Skating in Harlem posted this "Throwback Thursday" photo of Michelle with some of the skaters:

    https://twitter.com/FSinHarlem/statu...38737663217665 (from 2005)

    This year, Sasha Cohen will be honored. Scott Hamilton will also receive a special Power of Inspiration Award. I will be surfing the internet--hoping to catch a glimpse of Michelle!
    Last edited by teach23; April 20th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Thanks for the reminder, Teach. I will also be looking for Meryl Davis. Meryl is a co-chair for the new Detroit branch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    New York,NY where girls just want to have fun
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Michelle has been honored twice by the group; 2005 and 2014. I was fortunate enough to have attended the gala both times. This year Sasha and Evan were honorees

    Michelle did not attend this year. Just an aside, many others who usually attend were also absent, most notably Tim Goebel and Paul Wylie. Also a lot of skaters usually attend, but there were very few skaters in attendance this year.
    ...Michelle Kwan's journey from figure skating champion to college graduate is one of excellence, determination and achievement.... Chris Chase

  4. #4

    Default

    ^ I hope the program isn't running out of steam.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman2 View Post
    ^ I hope the program isn't running out of steam.
    Actually, I think skating as a whole has been running out of steam since Michelle retired.
    “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light from a single candle.”
    --Saint Francis of Assisi

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick In San Jose View Post
    Actually, I think skating as a whole has been running out of steam since Michelle retired.

    I think you are right about that Rick. Michelle was the back bone of the sport.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Age
    51
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belladella View Post
    Michelle has been honored twice by the group; 2005 and 2014. I was fortunate enough to have attended the gala both times. This year Sasha and Evan were honorees

    Michelle did not attend this year. Just an aside, many others who usually attend were also absent, most notably Tim Goebel and Paul Wylie. Also a lot of skaters usually attend, but there were very few skaters in attendance this year.
    I read elsewhere that Tim Goebel got married recently, so that may explain why he wasn't there.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman2 View Post
    ^ I hope the program isn't running out of steam.
    Didn't it recently expand into Detroit? IIRC, Meryl Davis is involved with the new Detroit program.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Didn't it recently expand into Detroit? IIRC, Meryl Davis is involved with the new Detroit program.
    Yes, I hope the Detroit program can successfully get off the ground. I has some clout and (presumably) money behind it. On of the co-chairs, with Meryl, is the widow (recent) of the owner of the Detroit Red Wings hockey team and the Detroit Tigers baseball team.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: April 25th, 2016, 11:33 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 31st, 2015, 05:37 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 10th, 2014, 07:54 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 8th, 2014, 02:17 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 25th, 2006, 11:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
kamagra oral jelly online
keflex
buy kamagra