Cialis Professional
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 701 to 717 of 717

Thread: 2010 US National Championships - Ladies

  1. #701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMAubert View Post
    Oh how sweet Laney giving Ellie a hug.
    Hi, AM. I think there's a separate thread for the Ladies Free....see you there, my friend.

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    woops I got confused thanks Deb
    Antoinette Aubert
    www.catslair.com/skating

    she did not think he deserved the compliment of rational opposition - - Jane Austen

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,045
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millenniummagicz View Post
    I'm a little confused; does 1st place still get a guaranteed spot or no?

    But chances are the USFSA won't have to resort to not picking 1-2 for the team; the judges will take care of that with + GoE and placeholder PCs... c'mon, a flutz and shaky landing gets +1s from some judgeS? quick, someone refer them to an ophthalmologist!

    IMO the only way for Sasha not get picked for the team is if she has a typical Sasha splat, and the other ladies are absolutely clean and brilliant. If anyone falters, the judges can play with the numbers to hold someone up or down, OR, USFSA will pick Sasha given the prior experience and the lack of from the current skaters.
    In an Olympic season the winner is not guaranteed a berth to the Olympics. I don't have the file on this computer, but it is in section ICR 6 (International Committee Rules) of the Bylaws and Committee Rules section of the USFS rulebook.


    With that said I think the only way Sasha will be chosen is if she brings the house down and her FS score is substantially ahead of everyone else's. Her SP was quite impressive! I'm proud of her for performing so well for the first time in such a long time. It makes you wonder what a certain someone else might have been able to do had she committed to the "quest for gold" instead of school.

    Mirai was fantastic too! She really rocked her SP and I hope she can do the same for her free skate. Rachael was... Rachael. A solid and energetic performance. Christina Gao was a lovely surprise! Some of her movements are a bit awkward, but she should be a treat in the years to come. If not for the jumping mishaps Alissa and Ashley were actually fantastic! Falling never helps. In Alissa's case I found myself frustrated for her because everything else she does is so wonderful to watch.

    I hope all of the ladies perform their absolute best tonight and match the competitiveness and excitement of the Ice Dance and Mens competitions!!

  4. #704

    Thumbsdown

    Quote Originally Posted by rosiekins View Post
    Yeah, I've listened to that part a few times and have wondered myself what the heck she's going on about. She said the two pounds were on her (concave) stomach? Right, Sasha. She doesn't look healthy at all. I think Tom Hammond said, "That teddy bear is bigger than she is," to which Scott replied, "She's so fit and LEAN!" Whatever.
    Yes, she mentioned her stomach as if she hadn't eaten before the competition and was complaining about maybe hunger pains. And for the record I loathe Scott Hamilton. He is such a fake, JMHO. I will never forgive him for his commentary during the 1998 Olympics.

  5. #705

    Default

    K. Gong's program to Salome was a travesty. And I'm not talking about her mistakes. Whoever choreographed that program never listened to the music. There wasn't one element laid out in that program that was set to go with the music.
    I believe!

    I remain totally in AWE of Michelle Kwan.

    This season just hasn't been the same without her.


    I miss seeing her on the ice.
    I think I always will...
    IF...she steps onto it again
    Oh...my heart stand still....

    _________


  6. #706
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    If Sasha isn't in the top 2, I hope they don't send her. I'd hate to see someone get left off the team after they earned it. Sasha would be a better ratings draw but fair is fair. I sure wish we had 3 spots.

  7. #707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handlem9z View Post
    If Sasha isn't in the top 2, I hope they don't send her. I'd hate to see someone get left off the team after they earned it. Sasha would be a better ratings draw but fair is fair. I sure wish we had 3 spots.
    I'm still pondering the real reason Sasha returned to Competitive skating. I don't believe what's coming out of her mouth. She's putting on her so-called acting skills. I'm on the same thinking as another poster that Sasha saw a somewhat weak Field among the American skaters and took advantage using the MEDIA as her Marketing Blast!!!

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    984

    Default

    I will always wonder if she wasn't asked to come back--especially after Michelle said she wasn't!
    MICHELLE raises me up!

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydubligirl View Post
    I'm still pondering the real reason Sasha returned to Competitive skating. I don't believe what's coming out of her mouth. She's putting on her so-called acting skills. I'm on the same thinking as another poster that Sasha saw a somewhat weak Field among the American skaters and took advantage using the MEDIA as her Marketing Blast!!!
    I could actually believe that there was a part of Sasha that truly wanted to have no regrets and to see whether she could actually do this. However, I do think that her love of attention of being in the spotlight was the primary motivating force. I too do not believe what comes out of her mouth when she says stuff like "It's all about the journey." The journey to the cameras, maybe. I think her love of attention and fame never faded, but that she became older and smart enough to realize she should say things like "It's all about the journey."

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydubligirl View Post
    Yes, she mentioned her stomach as if she hadn't eaten before the competition and was complaining about maybe hunger pains.
    Nothing that a little Pepto Bismol can't cure.

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    The U.S. Ladies Olympic Team.........














    Rachael & Mirai!! Congrats!!
    Last edited by ElkGroveGroovin; January 24th, 2010 at 12:59 AM.

  12. #712
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Double Post....
    Last edited by ElkGroveGroovin; January 24th, 2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Double Post...

  13. #713
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    NC
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edenlover View Post
    Wow--70.06 for Mirai! 1st place...

    She had over 40 points for tcs!

    Her dress reminds me a little of Michelle's first Rach dress--the red and white, only this is black and gold (duh) and has a v neckline instead of a scoop....Oh my am I forcing Michelle to be present here in any way possible?
    Just watched Mirai's SP on youtube and was looking to see if someone else noticed that as well Definitely a homage to Michelle's Pink/Red dress.

    Mirai's technique reminds me a lot of Michelle as well.


    Just watched Rachel's as well, and I love her SP. Didn't care for her LP much, but her SP was great.
    Last edited by Krista; January 25th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.

  14. Default

    To Krista

    Yeah, I watched Mirai too and that exit out of the jumps, are exactly, like Michelle...
    If she can pull it together and peak at the right time, she will be 2014, Olympic Champion...
    WHAT doesnt KILL U, will MAKE U Stronger

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,894
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krista View Post

    Just watched Rachel's as well, and I love her SP. Didn't care for her LP much, but her SP was great.
    Yeah, I hate her LP but I liked Rachael's SP more than any other program she's done. Unfortunately she still has issues selling the entire performance. Once her jumps are done and she gets down to the footwork, she comes alive more and you can see and almost feel that she's having fun. It's a good final impression to leave on the judges but I don't know. We always talk about skaters reaching an audience and for Rachael, her reach doesn't go beyond the boards IMO. Maybe there's a different feel when you watch her live, but at home in front of the TV/computer? I get nothing from her.
    Michelle Kwan

    "The Skater So Great, She Didn't Need Olympic Gold to Make History"
    ~Michelle fan since 1995

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krista View Post
    Just watched Mirai's SP on youtube and was looking to see if someone else noticed that as well Definitely a homage to Michelle's Pink/Red dress.

    Mirai's technique reminds me a lot of Michelle as well.


    Just watched Rachel's as well, and I love her SP. Didn't care for her LP much, but her SP was great.
    I agree with you about Mirai reminding me of Michelle - in so many ways. The first thing I noticed this year is how well she survived the puberty challenge. She has body proportion very similar to Michelle's, and a very secure and efficient way of moving and sustaining. I thought that Caroline would be the one to come out best of this duo, but Mirai seems to have all the gifts but maturity - and she is on her way, and has a great guide in Frank. I expect great things from Mirai in the next years if she stays healthy. I think she is just delightful. I was smiling all through her program. She's infectious as well as powerful. The more I watch reruns of her National competition, the happier I feel. I agree with Sandra - her time has come, whether she wants it to or not. (as an aside - Sandra's voice makes me want to scream!!!)

  17. #717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic712 View Post
    Yeah, I hate her LP but I liked Rachael's SP more than any other program she's done. Unfortunately she still has issues selling the entire performance. Once her jumps are done and she gets down to the footwork, she comes alive more and you can see and almost feel that she's having fun. It's a good final impression to leave on the judges but I don't know. We always talk about skaters reaching an audience and for Rachael, her reach doesn't go beyond the boards IMO. Maybe there's a different feel when you watch her live, but at home in front of the TV/computer? I get nothing from her.
    I would say she does come across "better" in person than on TV, but I still don't think she makes it past the boards, or at least the first row. Nathan Chen did better than that.
    "As it turned out, Kwan was the one who attacked the ice. In one hand, she held a saber, and in the other, a feather duster." -- 2001 World Championships (NY Times)

Similar Threads

  1. Sasha Cohen compilation on DVD 8 DVD total!
    By ajoyjoie in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
  2. Preview of the World Championships: The Ladies
    By Carrington1985 in forum Skating Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: February 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM
  3. 1 $ DVD sale
    By Koshka in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 30th, 2009, 02:57 PM
  4. My updated list of tapes available for copying...
    By springerluv in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 29th, 2003, 08:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
kamagra oral jelly online
keflex
buy kamagra