PDA

View Full Version : MK moment today

taytay165
July 5th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I don't know many skating fans where I live, so normally when I talk about skating, people just kinda :rolleyes but today my mom and I were talking to one of the deaf ladies from my church and my mom said something about me going to nationals next year and that I love Michelle Kwan. This lady's eyes got big and she started signing really fast - she said "I know! She's tried so hard to win the gold medal at the olympics! Two times! She works sooooo hard. I felt bad for her both times." :eek lol It was really cute. Just goes to show you how far she can reach - even deaf people love her!! ;) Just thought I'd share that little story with you all.

- tara

Krista
July 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
That is awesome :)

I feel bad that they can't hear the classical music she skates to though. We don't know how lucky we have it. Thanks for sharing that. :TJL

michelle02olympics
July 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM
your story reminds me when i was volunteering with a elderly disabled lady last summer. we were on hike and we were talking about the olympics and i brought up about mk.

taytay165
July 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM
DMBChic - I know. I'm sure I take it for granted sometimes, being able to hear. I love how much Michelle relates to her music all the time, but I guess it just goes to show you that a ture champion can reach out to people with her grace, style and elegance rather than just the music. Pretty awesome if you ask me :)

- tara

Eeyora
July 6th, 2005, 11:53 AM
My story makes my eyes fill with tears. It is so touching.