PDA

View Full Version : Michelle updates anyone??

cooljumper
July 10th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Hello everyone,

This forum has been a good friend of mine since 1997 and has helped me tremendously in coping with the last two Olympic Games results. I can't believe the third one is just around the corner. Anyway, I haven't posted in a looooong time; I even had to change to a new screen name a couple of years ago when my old name was somehow taken over by another poster. Some of you I met with in various viewing dinner events in Southern Calif, and some of you I met during the 2002 National Championships in Los Angeles. Wasn't it great fun when we crashed the skaters' post-competition party at their hotel while we were all on cloud-9 about Michelle's victory that day?

After years of just peeking at times and not posting -- the reason for this post is to jump back in the game, so to speak, to keep up-to-date about Michelle's skating and other skaters as well.

Can someone brief me on who her main competitor(s) you think might be this upcoming season, besides Sasha?

...Any info on her new programs -- music, choreography, new jumps, 3/3's??

...Any definitive answer to the question "Will Michelle skate next year in the Olympics?"

...How was the COI show in Anaheim? etc.

Thanks. It's good to be back.

Jarrett
July 10th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Read the spoilers section.

SGuntur
July 10th, 2005, 07:43 AM
...Any definitive answer to the question "Will Michelle skate next year in the Olympics?"

Michelle did state on the Today show recently that she would be going to the Olympics in 2006. As for most of your other questions, you can find the answers in the spoilers section, like Jarett said.

Welcome back!

AJ Skatefan
July 10th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Welcome back, cooljumper. What was your user name before? Did we meet in LA? The spoiler section is a great place to catch up.

Heather
July 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM
The forum's only been around since March '99 :)

The COI reports can be found in the Event Archive section.

I have a clip of Michelle confirming the Olympics on my site here:
heatherw.com/mk/video/today052605.htm (http://heatherw.com/mk/video/today052605.htm)

Jarrett
July 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Maybe the person was thinking of Violet's board?

Heather
July 10th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Jarrett-I know there were a few smaller boards around that time (that's one of the reasons Jenny, who had a board also, and I decided to make MKF to have one central place to discuss Michelle), but I just always find it funny when people say they've been here since Nagano. :) I *know* people mean another smaller board, or even my site. But it's one of the reasons we put in the FAQ the history of the board. That's all. ;)

vive_la_reine
July 10th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Heather--

I think some confuse the start date of MKF with your fabulous Michelle Kwan Fan Page:

heatherw.com/mk/index.htm (http://heatherw.com/mk/index.htm)

That has been around since 1997, right?

I remember immediately after seeing what I thought were completely unjust results of the 1998 Olympics, I did a search on Michelle and found your site with the photo you got of Michelle at the 1998 Nationals. You had pics of her homecoming in Lake Arrowhead, etc.

Then it was great when you started MKF. It was a place where I could share my admiration of the awesome young lady that is Michelle. So much has happened since then.

Through it all, Michelle has continued to be awesome and exceeded my every expectation with her incredible career. :angel

Jarrett
July 10th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I know Heather I was just trying to explain maybe why the person said that. We all know you site has been around since the dawn of time.

Krista
July 11th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Yeah Ive been coming to the site since Nagano at least, and started reading the forum in 00, before becoming a member in 2001. I love it! :D

lillyfly
July 11th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Ginny you are absolutely right. I do confuse the forum with Heather's wonderful site when I try to figure out how long I have been coming to the forum. I have been visiting Heather's site since before 1998 Olympics. I too did a search for Michelle information and Heather's site is what came up :)

Heather
July 11th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Yep, July 25, 1997 to be exact. :)

I remember after Nagano, so many people e-mailed me or wrote in my guestbook, begging/telling me not to stop working on my site. I didn't understand why people would think I'd just quit on Michelle or something. ;) I've joked in the past that I'll be working on the site when Michelle and I are 80. :b

gratefulmkfan
July 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I've joked in the past that I'll be working on the site when Michelle and I are 80.

Does that mean you and Michelle are the same age? How did that happen? You can't be 25 already, can you? I know I haven't aged a day since you started your MKFanPage - which brought news, and joy to so many of us. I remember the Prodigy days, and when I found out you were sooooo young, I was in total awe of you. I still am. Before your MK Fan Page I thought I was the only person with a PC who loved Michelle. Thanks for proving me wrong, thousands of times over! Time does fly, and that's the only thing I'm positive about these days. You and Jenny did a great thing by merging, thereby creating the MK Forum, and I will always be grateful to you two ladies. You're absolutely visionaries, and wonderful people as well. IOW, you

:RP

Jarrett
July 11th, 2005, 03:31 PM
OMG, Heather that is crazy! (re: loons wanting you to stop!) :\ Glad you didn't listen to them. 8)

Heather
July 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM
GRATEFULMKFAN-Thanks :) LOL! Yea, I'm about 6 months older than Michelle. Ah, Prodigy, that *was* a long time ago.

Jarrett-I've had people say to me, too, before 2002, saying things like "I bet after SLC you'll stop the site" and I remember someone even thinking I'd shut down the forum at that point. Why? Yea, I don't get it. Though some of the e-mails/guestbook entries I get through my site are...interesting. :b

lemonade16
July 11th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I know you're being sarcastic when you say "interesting," Heather. Let me just say I wish they weren't so "interesting."

I hope you know how much we truly appreciate you and your site. You are truly a special lady! :)

lemonade16

kwanfanatic2002
July 13th, 2005, 07:07 AM
I agree with Lemonade16, Heather, you really a very special lady. Thank you for all you do. You and Jenny are very much appreciated.
:angel :)

Krista
July 13th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I agree as well. This site is great and I appreciate it alot. I hope to be coming here when Im 80, if you're still updating :b Maybe Michelle will have started figure skating world competitions for Seniors then. :lol