PDA

View Full Version : Music help please..

KittyCornflake
July 10th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone.. someone sent me to you guys for help.. I am getting married in September and naturally I want to walk down the aisle to the version of "East of Eden" that Michelle skated to.. well we have downloaded every version we can find and NONE of them are Michelle's.. can someone help me out with this.. we checked Lee Holdridge's version and it was not even close.

edenlover
July 10th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Go to Heather's Store site on the blue homepage, then click on it. It will direct you to a site which lists all of the music for her programs. I think you then click on 98-99 and you'll find it was indeed Holdridge's version--from the cd with the theme from Beastmaster, Splash. etc. If you can't find, repost on this thread and I'll check back.

Heather has listed all of Michelle's programs and the CDs the music came from. Could be you heard some differences because of editing.

By the way, if you're looking for piano music with vocal lyrics, I have the original, which has been out of print for some time. PM me if you would like to borrow.

marie23
July 10th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I've got two version of that music (one from her sp - it's sometimes too powerfull and the other one from her free, I guess). I found them on rinkside so if you think they can help I'll upload them tomorrow.

In any case this is a great idea to have this music on your wedding day, I hope you have a wonderfull wedding and life.

Actualy I have a longer version of 6 minutes, the first part is like Michelle's free skate and then it's repeating itself, the end though is like hers, I hope you've understood me, so if I'm abble to help you give me a sign.

SamChez
July 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Kitty,
This is what you want:
Lee Holdridge CD at amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000003JVE/qid=1121036591/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/002-8440545-7502463?v=glance&s=music&n=507846)

Michelle's World Pro and SP music was cut from #11 "Finale". I live on this CD!
Congrats on your pending nuptials!

Sam

edenlover
July 10th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Actually the Holdridge CD has the 6 minute version and the Finale. Michelle may have used the 6 minute version (or cuts of) for her Pro Am Long in 98. I love both versions but I prefer the longer one.

I imagine that when they were editing the music, they could adjust volume, bring out treble, bass, etc. I'm not a technical person at all, but I do know that my kids manage to play around with music effects with some equipment they have.

Great wedding music! Good luck on making successful weddng plans and finding the music you want!

SAM: You beat me to the punch here! Like you, I live on this CD, also. There are many good pieces of music that Holdridge has composed. I'd like to see Michell skate to more of them.

SGuntur
July 12th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Just wanted to add that you've chosen such a great piece of music for walking down the aisle. Yesterday, when I was watching MK EOE program in her orange dress, I imagined a bride and groom walking down the aisle and it seemed to fit just perfectly:angel
Best of luck and hope everything goes well!

Jarrett
July 12th, 2005, 05:37 PM
KittyCornflake, congrats on the upcoming wedding. Check you ezboard inbox. I PMed you links to three files on my webserver. They include the edit SP, just East of Eden and East of Eden theme. 8)

lexeoe
July 12th, 2005, 06:19 PM
congrats on you upcoming marriage. EOE is a really good choice.

KittyCornflake
July 13th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I wasn't able to get them to work Jarett :( I wonder if I did something wrong..

So let me ask you all about the Holdridge CD.. if I order it will it sound anything like the cut Michelle used? If not, then I am going to be unhappy because I want the Michelle version for my walk down the aisle :lol

Jarrett
July 14th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Yes, you must have done something wrong because those files work fine for others. (I just deleted the files since you can't use them for some reason.)

Regarding the CD, it contains "Finale" which is the music MK skated to for her EOE programs, but it is not exactly the same cut. Much like anything MK has skated to the music has been edited to fit the time and program requirements.