PDA

View Full Version : Article with an MKM

youngatheart
July 8th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Don't think this has been posted yet.
www.thestandard.com.hk/st...9Jp06.html (http://www.thestandard.com.hk/stdn/std/Weekend/GG09Jp06.html)

Hope the link works.

SGuntur
July 8th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Funny, witty story and very well written!! The author does a great job of making light of a difficult situation (no airconditioning in 90 degrees weather). Ice rink and MK - an unarguable connection anywhere and everywhere !! Thanks for posting the link.

edenlover
July 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM
I just returned from China. Parts of that article are all too true!

DaveSato
July 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Today's LA Times crossword had Michelle Kwan clue/answer. Yesterday, Sasha was in the puzzle.

belladella
July 15th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Great item to read during New York's 90 degree heat wave with 90 percent humidity. It made me thankful for AC in my house and my car.

billob
July 15th, 2005, 09:10 PM
We were faced with the same situation here in Phoenix about 20 years ago after a summer monsoon storm knocked out power for several thousand homes for 4 days.

The power Co. brought in dry ice from Tucson so the frozen stuff survived and buying ice to put in the fridge to keep everything else cool was not a problem. The temperature was running from an early morning low of about 75F to an afternoon high of about 108F.

We cooked on a camp stove & slept in the carport. No power ment no well but we have a storage tank that provided us and a few neighbors with very warm water for cooking, flushing and garden hose showers.

Some of the local motels had a 4 day off season windfall that year.