PDA

View Full Version : MKFProj for MKF: Would you wear MKF Clothing? Poll: Style?

Grace
May 2nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Here at MKF, I've been trying to design official MKF shirts that we can wear at next year's (and possible future) events. I've been trying to aim for simple, good looking shirts, but cool and understated so that everyone, whether they are a big fan or a small fan from the forum can wear to events. Hey, I think it's even cool enough to wear just because.

Here are a few mockups that Heather drew up through customink.com. The official color to use is black. This is for uniformity, and also it allows everyone to wear the clothing, whether or not you're a guy or a girl. And everyone looks great in black!

Sleeveless tank (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mksl2)
Junior T (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mkfreg)
Hoodie (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mkfbkhood)
Sweatshirt (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mkfsw2)
Sweatshirt Hoodie (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mkfhood2)
Good Ol' Tshirt (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mkft)

Note: The back will NOT say NAME, but instead "got kwan?".

I think Heather and I could be doing this all night - it looks just too good. And I think we definitely are going to order these... I think we can find 24 people who would want them to throw onto the ice (or to keep)
MKF Bear (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=heatherw%40uscom.com&F=mkfbear2)

We don't really have rock solid prices, but obviously the more we order, the cheaper it will be. I'm doing this right now to get an idea who would be interested, and in which style. If there are enough votes for each style, then we will order as many as there are of those of which got enough votes. The timeline would be to get these clothes out before the first event of next season.

Not all the styles are listed in the poll, but at least we can get an idea of what people might be looking for, so please please vote in this poll here:

Poll on Style of for Official MKF Clothing (http://p216.ezboard.com/fmichellekwanforumletscongratulatemichelle.showMes sage?topicID=220.topic)

Also, it is not set in stone to go with customink.com - if there are other options (it seems as though we might not be able to change the font on the back) or avenues to go through, please post suggestions here. I might even go ahead and do the orders locally in the end.

Thanks,
~Grace

loopschick
May 3rd, 2005, 02:31 AM
I like the sleeveless tank, but it wasn't in the poll ... unless I'm just not awake enough yet to see clearly, LOL

Jayne

P.S. the bear rocks !!! :)

handlem9z
May 3rd, 2005, 04:19 AM
How about a Polo Style Shirt?

mano
May 3rd, 2005, 04:41 AM
Sweetness!!! Those are awesome. I'm partial to the Hoodie so that's what I'm voting for! Love the bear too! Super cute!!! Thanks for these! :)

scheherazade
May 3rd, 2005, 04:47 AM
Aww, I love 'em! A non-profit I work with gets their t-shirts made by a great company w/ the *softest* cotton. Would you want me to try to find out who they use and what their prices are?

Deetlebug
May 3rd, 2005, 05:44 AM
OMG!

I LOVE the bear!!!!!! 8)

Can we get those too?

deetles

lemonade16
May 3rd, 2005, 05:54 AM
I love the hoodie and the sleeveless tank! (Also didn't see the tank on the poll).

When I first read the subject line, Vocalise, I thought you were designing an MK-inspired fashion line!! :lol

Great work, guys! I would definitely be interested in the bear as well. Too cute :)

lemonade16

GayMenLoveMK
May 3rd, 2005, 06:57 AM
I would've voted for the sleaveless tank too if it were on the poll. Although is it me or is the cut more suited for women?

Grace
May 3rd, 2005, 07:22 AM
LOL... I couldn't fit the tank in, though I love it myself and would definitely get that one and possibly one of those girly hoodies :) , so I voted for two or more.

GayMenLoveMK, I think it is more suited for girls, since that is under the Girls section.

Here's the style for guys:
customink.com/cink/catalo...eno=101900 (http://customink.com/cink/catalog/stylepics.jsp?styleno=101900)

Note that most of the clothes need a minimum of 6 pieces.

Sarah - would you look into it for me? Do they have the same styles as posted here? I have someone else looking into a shop in L.A. as well. That would be great, thanks ; ) A rough quote would be nice.

The bear is too cute - I didn't put that on the poll since it's not clothing, but I figure it shouldn't be too hard to get up to 24 orders on it. I mean, look at it :P And can you imagine, raining MKF bears? how cute! (gawd, I'm such a girl...)

~Grace

scheherazade
May 3rd, 2005, 07:36 AM
Grace -- yes, I believe they do have the same (or similar) styles. I just can't emphasize enough how amazing the fabric is! So yes, I will try to get back to you asap w/ the info :)

kwanluv
May 3rd, 2005, 08:59 AM
that bear is sooo cute :P

Nathan
May 3rd, 2005, 09:22 AM
I'd definitely LOVE the black tank as well...

It'd be cool even to wear to the gym just so everyone knows who I'm all about.

I see people when they look over my treadmill, and see my Ipod with the Michelle Kwan playlist on.

And then It helps me time out my eliptical workouts, because I always cover the screen with my tee-shirt. It's perfectly timed so that It plays:Taj, Lyra, TFB, Rom, Spartacus. And right around the middle of Aranjuez I know it's almost time for cool down.

MK helps me get through those though Elipitical work outs.

Jayjen36
May 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
I like them all except the baby-t, but I'd definately buy a hoodie and a sweat-shirt hoodie. And I'd also love one of those bears, it's too cute!

kwanfanatic2002
May 3rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
I like the stuffed animal as well. I like the idea of a polo shirt too. Ice rinks can be a little cold so I like the sweat shirt, and the sweatshirt with the hood on it. I also like what you have planned for the back of which ever shirt you pick. I would definelty buy anything you choose, maybe even 2.

taytay165
May 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
Great idea! I also love the tank and the hoodie. And the bear!! I can see it now......Michelle finishes yet another perfectly magical, inspired, magnificent, awe-inspiring, KWANderful performance, and then they begin to fall!!! :angel That's so great! Thanks for doing this. I'm definately interested.

- tara :SP

mkfan88
May 3rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
awsome : P i'd love to buy a bear, hoodie and baby doll shirt, so hard to choose.

MKsmiral
May 3rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
What a great idea! I voted for the hoodie, and I absolutely love the bear - it's adorable. :)

Kwanfan25
May 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
I kind of like the tank shirt. ;) . My birthdays coming up next month. Early birthday present? Want the bear too but i don't know about throwing out on the ice :rollin The bear would be too cute to ignore though :D

torialynne
May 4th, 2005, 04:10 AM
WOW!! You guys did a great job!! I would love to have one for St. Louis!!! :D
I love them all, but given the weather during Nats, I'd probably want the sweatshirt hoodie.

uncchristine99
May 4th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Really cute idea! I'd go for the tank and the junior T. Let's show our MKF pride!

Dolphine
May 4th, 2005, 08:46 AM
They all look great! I like the hoodie, junior T, and/or regular T. I would even get one to wear/wash and an extra to keep. If they are reasonably priced, I would definately buy a few of them.

I loooooooooooove the bear!!! If everyone from the forum throws this bear at competitions, Michelle will end up with hundreds of the MKF bears by the end of next season. :rollin Let's hope the children at local hospitals would love them after Michelle donates them.

Clay AiKwan
May 4th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I would DEFINATELY buy a hoodie and possibly a regular t-shirt. Very cool idea!!! I hope this happens. :) :FL

Krista
May 4th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I love the bear, and as I said in the other thread, I'd buy the baby doll/junior t-shirt, the hoodie, the t-shirt or the sweatshirt, just depending on which ones you ordered :)

MichelynB
May 4th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I'm definitely in for a sweatshirt, a t-shirt and at least a couple of bears. They are SO cute!
Michelyn

Joshua
May 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I'm trying to get my spending habit under control, but I just can't resist a t-shirt and sweater. My MKGA t-shirt shrunk too much in the washing machine, and I need to find a replacement.

Krista
May 5th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Joshua I just had to say I absolutely love your banner :)

Grace
May 5th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Joshua, where have you been?! Psst.. do you still live in the same city as I? : )

Anyway, guys, I am so thrilled by the number of responses. As I said in the thread under Polls, if, at the time of selecting which style you want to have, there are enough orders for the style you want, we will go ahead and order it.

I know how much the min. is under customink, but I'm looking at the alternatives to find out what their minimums are.

Thanks ; )
~Grace

isk8fan
May 5th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Just wanted to let you know that the zip hoodie is my favorite though my vote doesn't show it. My second choice is the jr. tee and that's where my vote went. I need help with polls, I guess.
It would be great to have an MKF garment or two to wear. Thanks for working on this.

lillyfly
May 5th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I love the bear and I love the clothes. I want the bear.

synnabun
May 5th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I absolutely love the bear and the sweatshirt hoodie! I would most certainly buy one of both and most certainly a regular t-shirt. I'll wear everything at Nats next year too! Woohoo!!!

Great idea!!! :knee

~Angela

Sunnyskate
May 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Love the shirts...though knowing me the hoodie (zip) and the tank are the best!

beegirllw
May 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Is there anyway to get our username on the back, instead of the Got Kwan?

Joshua
May 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
DMBChic,

Thank you! I'm new to Photoshopping so I went through a long trial and error phase before I came up with something decent looking.

Grace,

Nowhere. I've always been around just haven't posted much. And yuppers, still living in America's finest city.

Grace
May 5th, 2005, 07:22 PM
beegirlw, I don't think so. You might be able to get it custom made if you wanted that done, but since we're buying these buy bulk, it isn't possible.

lovemkforever
May 5th, 2005, 11:28 PM
It's really a good idea!! We need these symbolic wears for us MK fans. But, how can I get it if I live outside US? :LP :\

MarcellaMichelle
May 6th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Viva the hoodie and T-shirt!8)

Sharon
May 6th, 2005, 11:12 AM
COOL - I love both the shirts and the bear! I want more than 1 of both. Just a thought, what about a white or gold bear with a black t-shirt so we match?

bagelpuss
May 6th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Looks great! I'll take one ofthe hoodies!!!

Katie
May 7th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I like the hoodie, sleeveless tank, and t shirt. This is a great idea!

Shiprock
May 9th, 2005, 05:07 AM
How about some sizes for shorter people, Petites XL or Petities XXL? Regular T-shirts just don't fit me, they are usually just too long and too skinny for me. XL/or XXL tees will probably look like a t-shirt night gown on me. Just a thought.:SE

Grace
May 9th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Shiprock, I believe the baby-ts would be more suited for someone of a petite size. These t-shirts do come in S and XS, and they are found in the girl size.

If you surf around customink.com, you can get an idea of what sizes of what are available.

~Grace

Teresa
May 11th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Grace - will there be an option to ship outside the us? :)

Grace
May 11th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Since I will be the one that will be shipping the clothing to you, lol, as long as you are okay with the S&H prices that the post offices give, I would be willing to ship it out of the US.

: )

probativev
May 11th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Ok I hate to bring up such boring issues but you guys, if you do this, please contact Shep's office to get an ok. I don't think Michelle or Shep will have a problem with it, but we probably should get their permission to put the name "Michelle Kwan" on any merchandise. Otherwise, we might violate some trademark or other legal rights. Her name is worth a significant amount of money right now like any other famed athletes.

Just want to add, I don't think Michelle will sue us or anything, but she may have contractual arrangements with other companies that use her names for certain merchandises..we have no way of knowing. And if so, those companies will have the right to sue us, or at least whoever is making these products.

If we have an official ok, I'll be thrilled to get one or more for myself too!

kwanluv
May 11th, 2005, 12:17 PM
T-Shirt and Sweatshirt pour moi. ;)

Grace
May 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Alexa,

I already responded to you in PM, but since you brought this issue up and if it worries anyone else, I just want everyone to know that I did receive the okay for it as long as it's non-profit and we don't mass produce it / keep it in limited amounts.

But again, thanks for looking out for the forum : )

~Grace

la ah
May 14th, 2005, 03:35 AM
This is really great...Coolness!!! :D :D :D

I like the hoodie and that bear is sooo cute!

I just hope I can afford them.;)

jvanal
May 15th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Great designs. I love them all and the bear is very cute.

lillyfly
May 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Is this where we say what I want? I would like a sweathirt, t-shirt and bear.

Grace
May 16th, 2005, 03:23 PM
I am not currently taking orders, this thread was just to see what people would be willing to purchase - and if people would be interested in the idea at all. It looks like people are open to all the styles, including possibly a polo shirt as well as a tank.

I will be asking for orders most likely come June. This will give me time to talk to Heather (who is currently sick) about it, and be able to go into some local stores to get some prices/look at clothing/talk to people about this project.

Thanks,
~Grace

starrysky
May 22nd, 2005, 04:22 PM
I love this idea!!! I was going to make a tshirt for nationals, and now, if this goes through, I will not have to!!!! I will have to keep checking this thread to see when to order!!!
Thanks so much!!!

Icare
May 23rd, 2005, 12:04 AM
I think the purpose of wearing this is to show her our support in the rink, and for me, T shirt will be worn under something else. So I prefer sweatshirt or the hoody sweatshirt.

Kwanatic
May 26th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I like the hoodie, and the bear. The problem with the tank is that I'm old, fair skinned pretty much, and do NOT look good without sleeves. I do like black as the color.
I know you arent taking orders, but when/if you do, i would love 2 bears...one to throw, and another to keep!
What wonderful creative minds we have on this forum. Great work guys!!!!

holysalchow
June 2nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Is there any news on when the ordering will start or prices? j/w

rationality52
June 3rd, 2005, 09:41 AM
I'd be interested in a sweatshirt. How about iron-on transfers for customizing? Put me on the list. Jack

rationality52
June 3rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
How large is the bear? Jack

Heather
June 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Once we decide where we are ordering from, we'll post ordering info, pricing, etc. Hopefully it won't be too much longer, as we want to get this underway soon.

The bear is 10 inches.

Charmed One
June 4th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I see nobody has continued with Handlem9z's idea
of a polo shirt. I love polo's and would just be
ecstatic if you guys offered one ! :D

:YS

lovemkforever
June 6th, 2005, 11:41 PM
looking forward to the order info... ;)

taf
June 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM
The bear idea, especially for throwing on the ice, sounds cute. But wearing MKF clothing? Hmm, not sure if this is a good idea. It seems that by wearing logo clothing certain expectations might be assumed as far as behavior & demeanor is concerned. Or it might be assumed that setting such standards to be the province of those selling the clothing.

Inez91
June 9th, 2005, 03:07 PM
When can i buy'em?:rollin

Heather
June 9th, 2005, 09:15 PM
taf-If someone doesn't want to buy or wear MKF stuff, then it's up to them. I'm not putting in the FAQ that everyone must buy and wear a MKF shirt. :b

taf
June 11th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Heather-I didn't figure it was mandetory. I thought (per the title of this thread) that opinions were being solicited.

synnabun
June 21st, 2005, 06:18 AM
I still think this is a totally awesome idea and I very much want a hoodie! I eagerly await updates!!

~Bons

Grace
June 22nd, 2005, 05:50 AM
Sorry for the delay. Life gets in the way :P

Now that ezboard is normal, I will certainly get to this :D Just let me design the shirts, and I will start collecting orders.

youngatheart
July 7th, 2005, 07:48 AM
I thought I had responded to this thread but I guess not, so count me in. I'd love a sweatshirt, T-shirt, and a bear or two.:EOE
:angel

lovemkforever
July 15th, 2005, 05:18 AM
I'd like a hoodie and a Junior T:D :D :RP

Banannak
July 18th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Count me in for a hoodie, a tank and a few bears.

This is an awesome project Gracie and Heather!

Anna