PDA

View Full Version : Kwan, other Olympians to lace up in AC in October

timothy d
August 20th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Those pictures of Michelle, Sasha and I were supposed to be for "private" viewing only!!

Did they get 'all" of the pictures?!? :eek

One of them has sold me out to the press!! :lol

nymkfan51
August 20th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Thanks kwanette ... this makes it seem so real! :)
Here's the link to the article:
www.pressofatlanticcity.c...ING820.cfm (http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/sports/082005SKATING820.cfm)

kwanette
August 20th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Headline in my hometown newspaper..The Press of Atlantic City....sportspage..pressofac.com...

There are headshots of MK, Sasha and Tim...

Of course, the writer couldn't quite get all of her facts straight...She wrote how MK "backed out" of SA 04...but that the field included Sasha..So much for facts....Luckily, the writer is not a former student of mine, so I won't have to go back and change her grade....;)

But the good news is that SA and the Kween got a headline...over the bluefish biting off of the Ventnor Pier...:)

vive_la_reine
August 20th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the MKM, kwanette and thanks, nymkfan51 for posting the link.

:LB

graciesfriend
August 20th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks, kwanette and nymkfan51!

But tell me, when is the name of the city being officially changed to kwanlantic city? :lol

lemonade16
August 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Graciesfriend: I actually heard that the city renaming is being slowed down by the debate between those wanting "Kwanlantic City" and those wanting "Atkwantic City." Some people are never happy :rolleyes

This is so exciting I can hardly stand it. I haven't been able to take in all the news of the past week ... I'm finding it difficult to form cohesive sentences :rollin

kwanette: I can only imagine how over the moon you must be about SA being in your "hood," if you'll pardon the expression. My grandparents and parents grew up in AC. Much of my family is still in the area and I'm hoping I can be there for this spectacular event :)

lemonade16 :SE

MKGrace
August 20th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Atlantic City - Lookout!!! 8) Michelle's gonna own that town...:smokin

graciesfriend
August 20th, 2005, 11:05 AM
lemonade, I wasn't aware of this particular New Joisey debate! I hope the locals figure this out quickly, though, so they can start changing all the signs! I need to know where to get off the GSP!

Hope you can make it back home to see The Kween!

gratefulmkfan
August 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
graciesfriend, while they're working out that name change, they should start working on renaming the ocean as well. I would much rather be living near the Kwanlantic Ocean than the Atlantic. It just makes sense. She would get her props, and I could feel like I've moved, all in one stroke. :b

GardenKitty
August 20th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Nice to see the local paper giving some coverage and publicity to the event, especially when it's not happening for almost two months.

kwanette
August 20th, 2005, 02:20 PM
lemonade, it would be an honor to meet you!

I am thrilled that I won't have to travel to see skating...

Re: the name change, the former mayor is an old beau of mine...I'll see what I can do...

honey827
August 20th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Nice little pre-comp publicity. 8) Good to see the event being supported so early.

graciesfriend
August 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
gratefulmkfan, that's the best idea I've heard all day! Maybe then all Kwan's would then move to the east coast to be near their ocean! (btw, I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago; did you get it?)

kwanette, get working on that mayor NOW!

iloveskating
August 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM
Great article! But I can't find the pics. Where are they?