PDA

View Full Version : MKM (here we go...)

Pati
August 31st, 2005, 04:49 AM
And so it begins ( the hype) (http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/olympics-box231e_20050831.htm)
:FL

attyfan
August 31st, 2005, 04:50 AM
Interesting that the writer left the impression that the new system may help Michelle, when so many others think it will hurt her.

Krista
August 31st, 2005, 05:27 AM
Yeah that was interesting. Thanks for posting :)

lavender
August 31st, 2005, 05:39 AM
One thing he's right about...the kiss and cry will never be the same with the 6.0 being gone.

Kabooke
August 31st, 2005, 05:43 AM
Interesting that the writer left the impression that the new system may help Michelle, when so many others think it will hurt her.

And many of those are the one's that
always count Michelle out as well.

Anyone with eyes can see that if Michelle can place 4th
with what little she had in the system, the work she's been putting in now could very well see her win gold.

Krista
August 31st, 2005, 06:23 AM
Thinking about it some more, I actually do think this system will help Michelle. Its pushing her technically. If it was still the 6.0 system, she might not be as inclined to up the technical aspect of things. So it could definitely be a good thing, because she has so much to give yet :)

lillyfly
August 31st, 2005, 09:52 PM
If judged well I have always thought it would be a help for Michelle.

iloveskating
September 1st, 2005, 06:13 AM
I think the writer's statement is just journalist plather...I doubt he could give you one reason why he said that, but it's nice he put a positive sping on it rather than negative. That's not to say I don't think she will do well under COP, I just think the journalist had no particulars in mind when he wrote the statement.

lasaslav
September 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Notice, too, how he left out Sarah Hughes' name (i.e. "MK won bronze while SH took gold). Perhaps he couldn't remember her name but could remember Tara?