PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays from Michelle

MichelleWKwan
December 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hi MKF,

Hello again! I hope this email finds you all well. As I think of things to tell you, I can't help but to want to introduce you to my soon-to-be husband, Clay. I canít wait for you all to meet him soon!

Every so often when I was kid, my Dad would talk about the word appreciation, and to be grateful for all the things and people that you have in your life. Hard to believe all the things to be thankful for in 2012 - engaged, a new position at the State Department, and exciting moments preparing for a wedding.

I'm so lucky to have found the man that I've been looking for, to have and to hold for the rest of my life. And Iím so grateful to have the best and loveliest family, friends, and fans (YOU ALL!!) in the world.

This year, I want this holiday greeting to be a moment to say thank you, and a chance for you, too, to share whatever you are thankful for this year.

To you and your families, my very best wishes for the happiest of holidays and a wonderful new year.

Love, Michelle

attyfan
December 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Michelle:

Thanks for writing ... we all look forward to getting to know more about Clay. We all wish you and yours the best ... for this season and for always.

Esther

Nicki
December 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Michelle,

Thank You for taking the time to come here and update us on your life. We all eagerly look forward to it each year.

Congratulations on all the wonderful new beginings that are going on in your life.

I am thankful for Heather, Grace, and all of the Moderators who work so hard to make this board such a wonderful place to be a part of.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Nicki

epoibim
December 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
"There's so much to be thankful for."
You are unbelievable! To the woman who has given us so many moments of pure joy, we delight in *your* happiness!

Thank you Michelle...for everything, and my very best to you and Clay!!! We love him already. Bring it on 2013. :)
Thanks for being you.
xo,
Erin

PS - River Falls in Woonsocket for Sunday "MaGlockner" chicken dinner (does Clay remember Ma Glockners restaurant?) Anyway, you'll never be the same!

edenlover
December 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hi Michelle, and Merry Christmas!

I've checked the forum the past few days for your message, and once again you didn't disappoint! Thanks for remembering us once again.

I'm thankful that someone special--YOU--who has given us so many wonderful and beautiful memories, has found the man of her dreams and a career that's certain to be challenging, satisfying, and successful. Words will never be able the express the many ways you've touched my life.

May all of your days be merry and bright!

Edenlover

IzzyS
December 24th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Dear Michelle and Clay,

I wish you the merriest Christmas ever. To both of you, the happiness you have given the world is beyond compare. As an educator, the name "Pell" is the reason my students can achieve the amazing things they achieve. To a skating fan, the name "Kwan" says it all.

I enjoyed meeting you this year, Michelle, and I wish you and Clay the best in 2013. Thanks for always remembering us!

Love,

Liz aka IzzyS

Herr Drosselmeier
December 24th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Dear Michelle,

Happy Holidays!
Best wishes and greetings from Michelle are a beautiful and priceless gift. Thank you.

It certainly appears to have been a milestone year in your life; establishing such a profoundly deep personal connection and embarking on new work. But, underlying the changes, I sense continuity. I think that is why you said, “It was a simple decision and it made sense; that’s what’s so exciting to me.” From what many of us have heard and read, it makes sense to us too!

Reflecting on the suggestion that we share our feelings of gratitude, I think about our human connections. How amazing that we have this ability to interact! So many, motivated by kindness, reach out beyond the boundaries of self. From those whose life’s work is dedicated to lightening the burdens of others, to those, who passing by, pause for just a moment to make eye-contact and share a smile, I express sincere gratitude. We are in this together.

The relationship of celebrities and fans can be counted among the myriad forms of human interaction. While some might consider it a superficial connection, I believe that your kind heart has always been tuned to the love underlying the form.

In this holiday season and always, best wishes for you, Clay and all of your dear ones.

Love,
HD

teach23
December 24th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Dear Michelle--

I am always so thrilled to read your messages. I am thankful for the ways in which you have touched my life. Clay is a lucky man, indeed. I also feel that you have so much to look forward to with him. Because of the Pell Grants, many of my students were able to attend college. You and Clay are an excellent match--a couple who serve humanity with your generous spirits.

May your holiday season be filled with love and warmth, and may the excitement of planning your wedding fill you with joy and anticipation. I am so happy for you and Clay, and I pray that your new life will be beyond phenomenal!

teach23

PJN
December 24th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well.PJN

Maureen
December 24th, 2012, 04:31 PM
What a thoughtful and sweet greeting. Merry Christmans and Happy New Year to you!

Rick In San Jose
December 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I'm so lucky to have found the man that I've been looking for, to have and to hold for the rest of my life.

This year, I want this holiday greeting to be a moment to say thank you, and a chance for you, too, to share whatever you are thankful for this year.

Hearing the wonderful news that you have found the love of your life is something for which I am thankful. And, as I said in another thread a few months ago, I hope that you and Clay live to celebrate your 75th Anniversary (and beyond) in fine health and happiness.

I am also thankful for having walked away unscathed from an auto accident in November, in which I could have very easily been seriously injured or worse. There's nothing like a close call to jar one out of complacency and make one abruptly realize what is important in life.

Finally, I am thankful for the positive example that you set, both as the person of grace and class that you are, and through your humanitarian endeavors to make a difference in the world. As such, you demonstrate and prove that there is another way, a bright and positive way, to live that completely repudiates the hatred and violence so prevalent today.

One of my favorite quotes, by Saint Francis of Assisi, is this: "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light from a single candle." To me, Michelle, that quote is a perfect description of you.

Merry Christmas Michelle! And may 2013 be your best and happiest year yet -- which I strongly suspect it will be!

Warmest wishes,
Rick

MKsmiral
December 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Michelle:

Thanks for remembering us! So happy to hear of your engagement and your new position at the White House. Sounds like you have a very busy and exciting year ahead. Wishing you much love and happiness in the New Year. Merry Christmas!

handlem9z
December 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi MKF,

I'm thankful for my good health and to live in the best country in the World (USA). I'm also thankful for the men and women of our military who sacrafice so much so that we may be free and enjoy the holidays with our families.

Merry Christmas to you Michelle and All MKFers...May 2013 be a blessed year.

nymkfan51
December 24th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Congrats, Michelle! Clay sounds like a wonderful man and I couldn't be happier for you! :)
I hope you have the most beautiful Christmas ever!

I'm thankful every day for you ... that I got to follow the greatest figure skater of all time and experience all the joy you have given us. :muah

skatesindreams
December 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
It's so wonderful to receive your message, Michelle.
I look forward to it every Christmas.

My heart swells with pride and gratitude when I think of you.
How glorious that you chose to share your great gift(s) with the world.
Your contribution has only begun.

Wishing you and Clay the same joy and happiness that you have given to all of us.
I await whatever your future holds, with anticipation.
I'm certain that more extraordinary achievements are ahead.
I'll be cheering each one!

JerryStopher
December 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Beautiful Michelle,

This year, I am most thankfullest that the People have wisely re-elected the President, and that you are on the diplomatic team for all of us. I'm very proud of you, y'know.

All my love, Jerry

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

SamChez
December 24th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Merry Christmas Michelle & Clay!!!

I share the joy of this fine forum on your engagement. What a thrill that you both found each other and knew it was right. Clay, I know you will be an awesome First Gentleman some day, not too far away. And more congrats Michelle on your new State Department position. My, it seems every turn of the calendar page brings more news of your amazing professional accomplishments.

I am thankful that I was able to attend your HOF ceremony in January, and watch as you embarked on your new journey. Not leaving the past behind, but carrying those lessons with you to enrich the new experiences. I am most grateful for the inspiration you provide by just being you. That light brought me out of some of the darkest days...because, I know, when you fall....get up!

And if you need any wedding help, I'm pretty handy with flowers ;)

Love and joy to you both, and your families and precious loved ones. May you be blessed with the joy you have showered on all of us.

SamChez

Heather
December 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I can't believe it's been almost a year since San Jose! It was such a special memory to be with so many friends, both in person and those who were watching through the forum at home, to watch you inducted into the Hall of Fame. Who knew that would be just the start to such an exciting year for you?? Here's to 2013 being even more wonderful. :)

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is your holiday post (I know I'm not alone in that, lol!)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Clay, and your entire family!

kittyjake5
December 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Merry Christmas Michelle and Clay. When I heard the news of your engagement I felt like a proud Auntie and I kept thinking about the ponytailed 12 year old girl flying across
the ice. I am thankful that you have found happiness.

Everyday I thank God for my family and friends who make everyday sunny for me.

I am thankful for MKF for being like a second family to me, we have had some great times chatting on this board.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and Peace to All!

smileyllama
December 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Merry Christmas and congratulations to you, Michelle and Clay :)

These annual messages are one of my favorite traditions, thank you so much for taking the time for us.

A happy new year to all! <3

-Michael

synnabun
December 25th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Hi, Michelle!

Thank you for always thinking of us this time of year. I know your hands must be full! I want to first say congratulations on your engagement to Clay. Second, congratulations on your position at the State Department. Every year seems to bring so much, and I'm excited to see what you do in 2013 and years beyond.

I will always be proud of you. Thank you for being such caring and generous person and a great role model for all!

I hope you and your family have a safe and fun-filled Christmas.

Much love,
Bonnie

Terri
December 25th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Merry Christmas, Michelle! This Christmas I am thankful for the health & happiness of loved ones, including you, Michelle. May you & Clay be richly blessed in your lives together. Happy New Year!

kwanette
December 25th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Merry Christmas, Michelle.

I am thankful to be one of the fortunate ones in my community to have emerged unscathed from Hurricane Sandy. I am thankful to be in a position to help those in my community, in some small way, to get their lives back. Because of you and this forum, I have met wonderful people who have become my "real-life" friends. These people, from as far away as Washington State, New Mexico, New York, Northern New Jersey, etc., sent me very generous checks and gift cards to buy life's necessities for the victims of #SANDY. So, you see, Michelle, it all comes back to you.

I said many years ago that nothing but good ever came from being a fan of Michelle Kwan. That still rings true. Yes, I was a fan of Michelle, the skater, but, more importantly, I was a fan of Michelle, the person.

May good fortune always smile on you. Wishing you and Clay a lifetime of happiness. xo

KeithB
December 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Michelle, it is always such a pleasure to read your annual Christmas greetings, and to think back of the thrill as I sat in the arena here in Washington as you brought home a gold medal at the '03 Worlds, and the added pleasure of meeting you backstage at a show a few years later. Best wishes to you and Clay as you begin your life together with him and continue your diplomacy.

SweetAngel
December 25th, 2012, 12:24 PM
To Michelle and all the fan families here, Merry Christmas and a wonder happy and healthy New Year. I am grateful for the sweet angels out there helping with victims of
hurricane Sandy and for all the service men and women who serve this country. I am also thankful for the good health of my family and my elderly friends. I am most thankful
for Michelle and the wonderful role model that she is. I wish you, Michelle, all the happiness in the world with Clay and your upcoming wedding and your new position with
the State Dept. And to all the fans here, thank you for YOU.

goldblossom88
December 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thank you Michelle of always having all of us in your thoughts for the holidays as we as well hold good thoughts for you ,Clay and your family!
It's so great to see that your level of happiness is even greater now than seeing you in your glory at the Hall of Fame (is it almost last year already!!)
Wishing you,Clay and your family much health, happiness and prosperity for the New Year!

kwancierto de aranjuez
December 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Merry Christmas MK and congratulations!!!

Thank you for this wonderful greeting.

LIke you, I am grateful for my family, my friends, the bounty of life's gifts and thankful for my wonderful work as a high school counselor.

El Segundo 909
December 25th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Happy Holidays!!!!

Congratulation on your engagement and new state job. I was lucky that we saw the two of you in San Jose last year. I'm gonna missed you in the Cerritos Ice Skating rink,but
best of luck and happiness in Washington D.C

Grace
December 25th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I look forward to your Christmas greetings year after year. What a year it has been for you, and what an amazing future lies ahead. I am so thrilled that you have found the man you have been looking for, and I cannot wait for your impending union! I have never been so happy for someone who deserves all the happiness they have gotten as much as you because you are an amazing role model, an incredible, indescribable woman inside and out, who shines a light on everyone whom has had the opportunity to cross paths with said woman. I am looking forward to meeting the man who has swept you off your feet :)

Congratulations...! Here's to a safe and joyous holiday to you and your family : ). We are all so proud of you here at MKF, and we look forward to the road ahead as we watch you continue to surprise and awe us.

~Grace

michelle02olympics
December 26th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Thank you Michelle...I am looking forward to learning more about your soon-to-be husband, Clay. Perhaps, through a Diane Sawyer or Barbara Walters special. I am thankful for my family, friends, former professors who helped earn a BS in Food Science and Nutrition.

lemonade16
December 26th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Warmest holiday wishes, Michelle! Hoping your 2013 is even BETTER than your 2012! :)

There are so many things to be thankful for in my world, but, most of all, I am grateful for my amazing family, friends, and co-workers (who I call my friends). I have the best people in my life and I never forget that! I am surrounded by love. There is no better feeling in the world.

And I am grateful that you, Michelle, are surrounded by love and joy as well.

You continue to amaze us!!! Congratulations!!!

debbwin
December 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Michelle, Thanks for your well-wishes & congrats on your engagement! Happy that you have found someone with whom to share your life! I am thankful for my husband of 20 years (next week!) and for our children & grandchildren plus all my forum and twitter friends who keep me feeling connected and welcomed. Also my fellow crocheters who help me crochet for people & babies in need. Am truly blessed. Happy Holidays Michelle, Clay and fellow forum members!
Debb
PS Duh! So so so full of thanks for all the skating tapes I have of your skating & to have lived long enough to have seen you skate. When figure skating was invented, I have a feeling the good Lord had you in mind. You are the one-and-only!

Kathy Sullivan
December 26th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Merry Christmas Michelle and congratulations on all of the great things that have happened in your life this last year. You are surely making your mark in the world again in so many ways, and your spirit and success is inspiring. May you and your family have a great holiday. I sure miss your skating though - there is just no one out there who begins to compare. You should be very proud.

CAROLB
December 27th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Merry Christmas Michelle and thank you for your update to the forum along with your greetings. You sound so happy and it comes through in your writing. You have been a very important part of my life without knowing me. I thank you for that. I never get on my computer without coming to the MKF to read about what is happening with you. Grace and Heather really keep us posted on the latest happenings in your life. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and a happy and healthy New Year to you, Clay and your family.

iluvtodd
December 27th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Merry Christmas to you, Clay, and your whole families, Michelle! So many wonderful things have happened to/for you this year, and may you continue to enjoy life & its possibilities.

Thank you so much for your beautiful, thoughtful holiday message. You are such an inspiration to so many people.

missmarysgarden
December 27th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Michelle, I am at this moment incredibly thankful for the drawers full of video tapes and DVDs that document and preserve the singular and incomparable ethereal beauty of Michelle Kwan in skates, on the ice. There is only one Michelle Kwan, and there will never be another. I wish you every happiness in your marriage, career and life, and am grateful to have lived in your time.

mkfan88
December 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Michelle,

As always, thank you so much for posting your wonderful holiday greeting! It always brightens my day. All I can say in congrats to you and Clay. I know all of us here at MKF are extremely happy for you and know that 2013 will be a great year for you. Happy holidays to you and your family!

cheerful4
December 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Michelle and her family, and fan families,
hope the New year helps you stay happy, healthy, great year.

thanks

RA5CViggie
December 30th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Happy (belated) Holidays, Michelle.

I hope your Christmas went well. Congrats on your engagement and your new State Dept. position. I hope all goes well for you.

Thanks for writing.

katydid411
December 31st, 2012, 01:28 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Michelle and Clay!!

Congratulations on your engagement and new job!! I am thankful for everything has given me: many hours of entertainment, an appreciation of classical music, the opportunity to make many friends here on MKF and in person at events, and especially the opportunity to see you skate many times on tv and a few times in person!!

isk8fan
December 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Merry Christmas and joyful holidays to you Michelle and Clay. You are one of a kind... a kind that is rare--generous to all with you time and you wide ranging talents. I'm thankful for your beautiful heart that gives and give -- to your family, to your fans through skating, to younger skaters, to your friends.... You are one in a billion and I am so grateful to have watched you skate in person and on TV, to watch you sign autographs until everyone got one, etc... ...
There is a longer list, but you get the idea.
Holiday Hugs to you and Clay.

DCSkate
January 1st, 2013, 05:51 PM
I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Michelle! All the best to you and Clay!

Katty52
January 2nd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Michelle,
Thank you for remembering us once again. As life steadily gets busier for each and every one of us no matter what stage of life we might be in I am always amazed that you always take the time to include us (your fans) in some small part of it. I think that makes me miss you more each day. This pass year for me has been busy but filled with love for my family and friends. I wish for you and Clay a very happy new year.
I still hope for a come back!!! :)

ParalegalMKFan
January 16th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hey Michelle ~ I'm a little late in wishing you happy holidays and all, but life sometimes gets in the way of things. It's always so nice to hear from you. You still are very missed by all of us, so when we hear from you, it's like a breath of fresh air.

Congratulations on your engagement and new job. I hope your holidays were wonderful and that 2013 is your best year yet!!

michellesmom
January 19th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Thank you for being a wonderful role model.

I'm thankful that a person as wonderful as you has found the man of her dreams. Best wishes, congratulations, and good luck to both of you!

Enigma
September 15th, 2013, 12:08 AM
I'm incredibly late but Hi Michelle!