PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas MKF!! xoxo MK

MichelleWKwan
December 23rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Happy Holidays everyone. I want to send you a little Seasons Greetings from rainy Southern California. Itís really nice to be home with the family. This is a rare Christmas for the Kwan family because everybody is home. Itís been a really busy year for me. I just got back from Singapore a couple of days ago. It was exciting because I was there for the Grand Opening of the Marina Bay Sands skating rink. The hotel is absolutely amazing.

It seems like Iíve been on the go for the last few months. As some of you know, I skated with YuNa Kim in September at the Staples Center. It was such a thrill to be back on the ice performing in my own backyard. I canít believe that it had been 4 long years since my last performance in the U.S. I really do miss it!

But I realize that thereís so much I have found fulfilling outside skating. This year I was appointed as a member of the Presidents Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition. In June I had the pleasure to meet the First Lady, Michelle Obama, while she helped launch the Presidentís Council in conjunction with her Letís Move! Initiative. I was also elected to the Special Olympics Board of Directors where I hope to continue to support an incredible organization that is near and dear to my heart. And of course I am now on the final stretch at grad school. I really have enjoyed my experience there. Now I am planning for whatís next?!

Even though I donít often get to see my friends at MKF after shows and competitions I always feel your support.

I hope everybody has a safe and wonderful holiday season.

Hugs, MK

Grace
December 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Happy Holidays! Michelle! Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to stop by and spread your holiday cheer! You have done so much in your life and you keep on giving the world so much with your talent, grace, and that wonderful smile of yours! : ) Can't wait to see what's in store for you next! Hope you have a terrific holiday and an amazing new year with your family and friends!

* BIG HUGS *
~Grace

vive_la_reine
December 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Merry Christmas right back at you, Michelle. Thanks for all you have done and all you continue to do. Best Holiday Wishes for you and your family!

KwanKat
December 23rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
A very Merry Christmas to you, Michelle! It's so sweet of you to take time of your hectic schedule to post your annual message, which we all have been eagerly anticipating, for it brings so much joy into our lives to hear from you.

I had the pleasure of watching you skate at Marina Bay Sands when you were here last week; I hope you've had a great time. I wish I had the chance to wish you happy holidays personally, but I'll look forward to seeing you again when you return next year.

I'm sure this has been a fulfilling year for you, and may it be an even better one ahead.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

MKsmiral
December 23rd, 2010, 04:41 PM
Merry Christmas, Michelle!! Thanks so much for stopping by the Forum!
Best wishes to you and your family for a very happy & healthy New Year. :)

I was just discussing your career w/ my 10 year old niece the other day (believe it or not, she was having a test about you at school - excerpts from "Heart of a Champion" is part of her reading book - & I was helping her study); it brought back so many memories; all I kept thinking was how much more you accomplished even after that book was written - makes me very proud to be an MK fan!

P.S.: Winter Song is AMAZING! Your performance reminded me once again what skating SHOULD be; you will always be the gold standard in my book; wish I could have flown to CA to see your performance live; hope to see skate again soon. And good luck finishing your degree.

DCSkate
December 23rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
Merry Christmas, Michelle!

Heather
December 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks SO much for popping in to say hello, Michelle! I always look forward to your holiday messages on the forum. :) Merry Christmas, and I hope the upcoming new year is your best yet! :D Selfishly I hope it includes a skating performance on the east coast. ;)

IzzyS
December 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
OMG--Michelle, you never forget us! You're the best. As an educator, I am so proud and fortunate to have you as a role model. You're on my syllabus, my class website and my office wall as an example of everything that is right about being a college student.

And I was one of those lucky Southern Californians who got to see you skate in person at Staples Center this year. It was by far one of my favorite memories of 2010. Your skating was as good as it's ever been, and I felt blessed to be in the audience as a lifelong MKFer.

We love you, Michelle. Thanks so much for thinking of us.

Blessings,

Liz AKA "IzzyS"

isk8fan
December 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Dear Michelle,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to write us a note. Although I follow what news there is about you, to hear from YOU how you are doing is the ABSOLUTE BEST! You have inspired me from the first moment I saw you skate. I treasure every moment I was lucky enough to watch you skate in person... on TV, video and DVD. Thank heavens we have a way to watch your skating even though you are in a new phase of your life.
In my book, you are a National Treasure that keeps increasing in value as you continue to serve others, inspire others while you complete an advanced degree.
You are an inspiration as you continue to demonstrate "In the end, only kindness matters!"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, your family and dear friends.

Joyfully, RoseMary

ParalegalMKFan
December 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Merry Christmas, Michelle!!! Thank you so much for holiday greeting! It is so cool to read about your new life and all the great things that you've been able to experience. My husband and I hope you and your family will have a wonderful time together and may the new year bring you even more wonderful experiences.

MKPerfect6.0
December 23rd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Merry Christmas Michelle. I've been waiting and hoping for your post and was so thrilled to see it when I logged on.
I am so happy you can spend the holidays with your entire family, I hope it is filled with magic and joy.

The skating world is not the same without you, but I m happy you are out there pursuing other interests and reaching goals outside of skating. You are an amazing role model and an inspiration.

Thank you for stopping in the MKF, such a wonderful Christmas present!!! :)

Sparks
December 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Have the happiest of holidays, Michelle!

kwanette
December 23rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Have a wonderful holiday, Michelle!

Deetlebug
December 23rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases Michelle!

You continue to make me proud to call myself a Michelle Kwan fan. Thank you for that and for your continued thoughtfulness towards all of us here at the MKF.

Shiprock
December 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Happy Holidays to you and your family from the sunshine state of New Mexico, Four Corners of U.S. Best wishes to you in the new year and always.

skatesindreams
December 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Michelle,

Your personal message is such a wonderful gift. Thanks so much for sharing it with us,
Your many accomplishments. whether within skating; or as part of the "larger world", are a constant source of inspiration.

I am so proud to follow your progress as your contribution to that world, grows.
May the year to come bring you the same joy that you have given us for all these years.

With continued affection and admiration,

Esther
"skatesindreams"

kittyjake5
December 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Michelle, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

nymkfan51
December 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
So good to hear from you, Michelle! Hope you enjoy the holidays with your family! :)

cheerful4
December 23rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the Merry Christmas wish,
Merry Christmas to you and a very Happy New Year.
Thank you for sending us your very special personal message.
All the best

iloveskating
December 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Michelle,
I always look forward to your holiday greeting. What a great Christmas you've started here! Enjoy your time off over the holidays and good luck in everything you do!

loociex3
December 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Merry Christmas Michelle!! It's wonderful as always to hear from you. :)

debbwin
December 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Hi, Michelle. Thanks for stopping by the forum. We love hearing from you and hope you have a very wonderful Holiday Season with your family and friends. Good luck in finishing up grad school and in your many travels as a Special Envoy. And just as you miss skating, we miss your skating too! I'm so glad some of our members got to see you in LA this fall. You will always be in our hearts here at MKF. :)

PJN
December 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Merry Christmas to you and your family Michelle and always enjoy hearing from you on MKF.It was so great to see you skating on tv again in YuNa Kim's show.
It sounds like you are keeping busy and enjoying yourself.We are so pround of you repesenting our country.Pam

SamChez
December 23rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
Wonderful message, thanks so much! How perfect to end a very busy year at home with everyone there.

Mostly, thank you for returning to US Ice this year. I was there, and it was overwhelming joy skated and received.

And we loved seeing you skate in Singapore - what a resort! - and skating with such speed, detail, even great edges and speed on artifical ice...I think the Marina Bay Sands knew that the only person to christen that surface was MK.

I especially appreciate watching as you find such fulfillment in school, diplomacy, and humanitarian endeavors. As your competitive skating career ended, I wondered where I could find such inspiration again...didn't have to look too far ;)

Have a very Merry Christmas with those you hold dear. And may all the joy and inspiration you spread be returned 100-fold. We love you!!

jaylee
December 23rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Michelle!

Thank you so much for skating at All That Skate LA...I was there, and it was such a gift to see your joy on the ice.

Best wishes in all that you do.

Kathy Sullivan
December 23rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your greeting Michelle. You have many fans who watch your career with happiness and pride. Many of us have followed your career since you were very young and you have a special place in our memories and our heart. I wish you well in your endeavors, really love to see you perform every time you get on the ice, and wish you a heartfelt Merry Christmas - and successful New Year

Nicki
December 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Michelle,

Thank You so much for always thinking of us during the holidays. It's great to hear that so many wonderful opportunities are continuing to come your way. You continue to inspire the rest of us with the way you live your life.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Nicki

edenlover
December 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Merry Christmas, Michelle. It's so nice that your family will be together! Life is precious and family sharing is a gift we should always cherish. May all of your dreams come true.

Marcia

graciesfriend
December 23rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
Merry Christmas, Michelle! I hope you and your family have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2011!

zins
December 23rd, 2010, 11:08 PM
Michelle, merry Christmas to you too. This teacher is so proud of all your accomplishments both on and off the ice.

RA5CViggie
December 23rd, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hello and Merry Christmas, Michelle! As always it is great to hear from you. Wishing you and your family a happy holiday.

Herr Drosselmeier
December 24th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Dear Michelle,

Happy Holidays! *Thank you for your message. *It's a lot of fun to hear from you and write to you.
In years past, as the skating season approached, the Forum would buzz with conjecture about your new programs. Today you wrote, "*Now I am planning for whatís next?!" *Ahh, the excitement and joyful anticipation of the question mark, exclamation point combination. *Everything changes, but doesn't really change at all.
May our love and support also be a constant that adapts to your every change and challenge.

Take good care and enjoy your holiday!
Love ya',
HD*

synnabun
December 24th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Hi, Michelle!

Thank you so much for visiting us! I don't know how you manage all of your commitments. Everything you do is amazing.

Thank you for skating in "All That Skate Los Angeles!" It was a pleasure to get to see you skate in person again. I hope you won't wait another four years, but it's okay if you do. You've done amazing things the past four years.

I hope you and your entire family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Also stay safe... I hope the rain isn't causing too many problems!

Bonnie

scootie12
December 24th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Thank you so much for posting Michelle!

Sounds like you have your plate full, and my congrats for everything you've accomplished this year. I'm sure 2011 will be just as fulfilling for you, and I hope we'll get to see you in a few on-ice appearances :)

Have a happy and safe holiday, and Happy New Year!!

attyfan
December 24th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Michelle:

Again, thank you for posting ... and all the best to you and yours for the holiday and for the upcoming year.

JNagarya
December 24th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Michelle's smile is the gold standard of smiles.

JNagarya
December 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I was sure I saw your dad in Boston today. Perhaps I was imagining. Only you could know for sure.

Best of wishes for your education, from across the river from Somerville/Davis Sq.

And keep that wonderful smile toned.

From a long-time mesmeree of Gold Standard Michelle Kwan.

IceSkate98
December 24th, 2010, 08:47 PM
This is absolutely wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Michelle. So glad all of you are together this Holiday Season! :gphug

Dolphine
December 25th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Merry Christmas, Michelle!

It was amazing and inspiring to see you skate in LA this fall. You still have the magic, girl! Good luck on your final streach at grad school. We're so proud of you. I selfishly hope you'll find the time to skate again in a show in the US soon.

Best wishes to you and your family. :gphug

Lukicraze
December 25th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks so much for your message! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season, as well! :)

lemonade16
December 25th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Dear Michelle,

Have a blessed Christmas and a happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year! You are a wonder at everything you do! I will always be a fan of your skating and now I can cheer you on as you enter the world of diplomacy. Wishing you all the very best. You deserve it.
:)

michelle2006
December 25th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Michelle...Merry Christmas and a joyous, blessed 2011. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving. We love you. God bless you! Miss you so much...especially with Nationals right around the corner. xoxoxoxoxo

iluvtodd
December 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy New year to you & your family, Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughtful message here.

Rick In San Jose
December 25th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I hope everybody has a safe and wonderful holiday season.

And may you and your family be blessed with the same!

Very Warmest Wishes,
Rick

Katty52
December 25th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Michelle, as always Merry Christmas to you and your family. I want all the forum to know that you have brought to me an extended family with the forum. The yearly Christmas card exchange has added flavor to my season just knowing that we all love and cherish all the memories of you and your wonderful skating, I truly miss your skating and artistic flair on the ice. Best wishes for the New Year.

AMAubert
December 26th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Merry Christmas Michelle! Thanks for the message. The message from you is always one of my favorite Christmas presents

fdevine
December 26th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Michelle, I hope your Christmas was wonderful, and I pray that God's blessings will continue to rain down on you in 2011.

grannie frances

jvanal
December 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Merry Christmas Michelle!

wingheartsong
December 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Michelle, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! Thanks for taking the time to remember us and also for giving us the chance to see you skate again.It was so beautiful and wonderful to see the BEST on the ice again!

Beth2000
December 26th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you Michelle!!! I guess you must have known that I needed a pick me up. On Christmas Eve my husband and I found out that he lost one of his brother's on the 23rd of December. I saw a video from you tube of you skating to East of Eden and that made me smile and then I see that you have posted. Thanks for lifting my spirits.

I miss seeing you skate and I hope one day that I will be able to see you skate again.

Toly aka QUAD LUTZ
December 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

We miss you so much. We hope to see you on the ice again next year.

WE LOVE YOU

Kwanatic
December 27th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Im a bit late, but thank you SO much for never forgetting your fans. Of course we will NEVER forget you and all the beauty you brought to our beloved sport! Glad you were able to be with the entire Kwan family. Cherish these days, theres nothing like them.
I too, look forward to reading your Christmas posts. You make my day! Hope you and yours continue to have great memories!

skates1998
December 27th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks so much for the holiday message! Happy holidays to you and your family Michelle! We miss you SO much on the competitive figure skating scene, but so glad that your year has been exciting and productive. Also were SO happy to see you skating in Yu-Na Kim's shows. :) May you get all you wish for, including good health and happiness, in 2011 and always! Happy New Year! xoxo -Kim and Kelly

kwancierto de aranjuez
December 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Happy Christmas Michelle! I'm late to the party but I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and I hope that 2011 will bring even more fortune and happiness your way. <3

michellesmom
December 27th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to stop by and say hi to us.

I hope you and your family are enjoying our few days of break in the rains.

Have a fabulous 2011!

Forever Loyal
December 27th, 2010, 07:46 PM
thank you so much for thinking of us. we really miss your skating. I hope to see you skate again. Enjoy christmas and New Years with your family. You are greatly missed.

cyncansurvive
January 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Michelle,
Thanks for your annual gift of a post on the forum. I always enjoy it! Happy New Year to you!

Betty Boop
January 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Happy New Year and God bless u, Michelle!

belladella
January 4th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Michelle, thank you for your Christmas message. It's rather late,but I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. For the New Year, I wish you happiness and success in everything you do for yourself and others.

Krista
January 6th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I just remembered to come check to see if you had visited the forum lol. I remembered about a week before Christmas, then got caught up in the hustle and bustle. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a great 2011, Michelle!

kwanatic712
January 6th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I just remembered to come check to see if you had visited the forum lol. I remembered about a week before Christmas, then got caught up in the hustle and bustle. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a great 2011, Michelle!

Me too! :lol Congrats on such an amazing year Michelle! You're such an inspiration and an amazingly beautiful and talented woman. Though it's a bit late, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and best wishes for 2011!

Love always,
Kwanatic712 ;)