PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Get Together in Atlanta!!!

Beth2000
October 12th, 2003, 04:18 AM
I thought that I would start a thread for a get together in Atlanta.

Sheekah, name some restaurants that we can eat at before the Ladies Free Skate.

I know this is early but, I would much rather it be early then too late.

justsk8
October 12th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Do I smell another MKF dinner in the makings?! yaaaay!!! :D

I can't help on suggesting places b/c I've never been to Atlanta before, but I just wanted to say that it's gonna be a blast no matter what we end up doing!! :D

:SP

Beth2000
October 12th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Splits, this will be the best week of my life and I can't wait :) I know that there is the Varsity, Hard Rock Cafe, and Hollywood something I can't remember the name of it. Then there is also a place called the SunDial. It is a very nice restaurant. Lunch is cheaper then dinner by all means. Plus if we go there for dinner it will take us at least an hour to eat b/c the restaurant revolves around and it takes it a whole hour to get back to where you started off. So, that place may not be the place to eat dinner.

We will think of something :)

Jarrett
October 12th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Where ever you guys decide on I will be there for sure!

nymkfan51
October 12th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Beth ... I would definitely want to get together, but I'm worried about it being on Saturday.
The men's freeskate is at 2:10 that afternoon ... figure at least a few hours ... it would be 4:30-5:00 before we could start the dinner ... then the ladies skate at 7:00.
Any thoughts of maybe doing it Friday afternoon?

Besides ... I'm totally useless right before MK skates. :lol

kwanette
October 12th, 2003, 02:01 PM
"Besides ...I am totally useless before Michelle skates."

I can attest to that!

Beth2000
October 12th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Friday afternoon or Friday night is fine with me. Whatever y'all want to do. Let me know. I will call Sheekah and will get the name of the restaurants downtown and then let y'all know and then y'all decide and when it gets closer I will get a count of how many and make reservations :)

I am just happy to meet all of y'all and as far as I am concerned it will be my honor and pleasure to make sure that y'all have a wonderful time in Atlanta. I will take y'all whenever you want to go.

iceskaterdawn
October 12th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Depending on my volunteer schedule, I would love to meet up with everyone for lunch/dinner.

GardenKitty
October 12th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Count me in! I agree that we should try to pick a time when we wouldn't be rushed and it sounds like Friday may be better than Saturday. I'm planning to be there all week, so whenever you want to do it is fine with me.

pilgrimsoul
October 12th, 2003, 03:33 PM
I vote for Friday. That way we have lots of time to get acquainted and get pumped up to cheer Michelle on Saturday!! Can't wait to meet everyone!

nymkfan51
October 12th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Ha Ha ... very funny kwanette! :lol

Thanks Beth ... can't wait to meet you too! It should be great fun!

Norma

epoibim
October 12th, 2003, 04:54 PM
:lol I counted 6 "Y'all" 's in Beth's post...I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!:lol I want to pick that up when I am down there...honestly, its so useful!

Oh I would ADORE another MKF Dinner...that would be perfection! I think Miss Michelle's hinting has pushed a lot of us to buy those tickets!

Woo-hooooo!

I'm still emotional realizing I'm going to be there...and with all of you. I remember going in 2001 and thinking "This is my Once in a Lifetime"...Wow...

~One happy sista:)

taf
October 12th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Count me in for the dinner, as long as it's not high up in a tall bldg.

Erin, I'm doing hospitality too. Maybe we'll have some shifts together. What days are you going to work?

iceskaterdawn
October 12th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I'm arriving on Saturday (the 3rd??) so if anyone wants to meet earlier in the week I would be willing to do that too. I know last year when I went to Dallas, I spent the first night hanging out in my hotel room, because no one had arrived yet.LOL

What hotels are you all staying at?? I am booked at the Embassy Suites and on the waiting list for the CNN Center.

rockababay
October 12th, 2003, 06:56 PM
um if it was on a friday what about the people who are going to the Championship Pairs Free Skate and Championship Free Dance the pairs start at 4:50 p.m. and dance starts at 8:30 p.m.:\

Jarrett
October 12th, 2003, 06:57 PM
I think we can all agree that dinner is not going to work. I think the lunch idea is much better since some will just be missing a practice session and not an actual event. :eek

Jarrett
October 12th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Looking at the schedule:

Thursday, Jan. 8 11:20 a.m. Junior Ladies Short Program The Arena at Gwinnett Center
1:30 p.m. Junior Original Dance The Arena at Gwinnett Center
4:50 p.m. Championship Men Short Program Philips Arena
8:00 p.m. Championship Ladies Short Program Philips Arena

Friday, Jan. 9 10:50 a.m. Junior Men Free Skate Philips Arena
1:10 p.m. Junior Free Dance Philips Arena
4:50 p.m. Championship Pairs Free Skate Philips Arena
8:30 p.m. Championship Free Dance Philips Arena

Saturday, Jan. 10 9:10 a.m. Junior Ladies Free Skate Philips Arena
2:10 p.m. Championship Men Free Skate Philips Arena
7:00 p.m. Championship Ladies Free Skate Philips Arena

Actually Thursday looks like the best day for a lunch meet and greet. I would miss the Jr. Original Dance and not really care. I think most would want to see the jr. ladies SP though including me.

rockababay
October 12th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Whenever were going to do it I'll be there.

justsk8
October 12th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Wow, well it is too late at night (or shall I say early in the morning!) for me to think right now, but it looks like we will have to do some thinking about when is the best time to have this get-together. Preferably not missing Sr events, as well as having the most time possible b/c the dinners always seem too short! At Campbell's I was like aww, we have to go? But then I remembered we were going to watch Michelle skate, so it was all good! Haha! :) I'll do the thinking tomorrow.

lol Erin, I didn't count the y'alls, but I noticed there were a lot of them! :D I say that sometimes, so I have a feeling coming back from Atlanta Beth will have made it every other word out of my mouth! :b

I am sooo excited that I will be in Atlanta with so many other MKFers...wow I am getting so pumped already! Have the tickets, have the hotel booked, now I just need flight tickets!! eee!!!!

~another happy sista! :)

:LB

Beth2000
October 13th, 2003, 01:55 AM
what if we do this. We have lunch/dinner after the Junior Dance competition on that Friday? That way, we will be right there in town and we won't miss a thing.

Or, we have lunch/dinner before the Ladies Free Skate.

Edited b/c I looked over the schedule again. Jarrett, we could either do Thursday afternoon or Saturday. Y'all decide and let me know.

nymkfan51
October 13th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Beth ... looking at the schedule, I vote for Thursday or Friday lunch. I don't care about missing the jr. free dance. What does everyone think?

graciesfriend
October 13th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Lunch on Thursday or Friday is fine with me.

Can we find a restaurant near the arena?

Beth2000
October 13th, 2003, 04:20 AM
graciesfriend I know of two restaurants near the arena. There is Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood. I am going to call Sheekah today and see if there is anymore restaurants. I am sure there is. In fact there is the Capitol Grill. Let me call Sheekah. She works down there so she will know.

Okay let's make it Thursday :) I will come back and give y'all the list of restaurants and then we can decide which one. Once we decide as it gets closer I will get a definite count and I will make the reservations.

GardenKitty
October 13th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Looking at the schedule, I'd also probably pick Thursday lunch, but I'll be there whatever everyone decides. It would be nice to be able to linger and talk a little and not feel rushed.

belladella
October 13th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Thursday is good for me. whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

iceskaterdawn
October 13th, 2003, 10:34 AM
I'd prefer Thursday for lunch. I would like to see the Jr Free Dance, as I know a few of the skaters in that event.

Beth2000
October 13th, 2003, 01:00 PM
okay I just thought of a wonderful restaurant and I hope y'all will like it. How about Ruth Chris Steak? They have the best food and it is in Embassy Suites so we will be right across the street from Philips Arena. Let me know what y'all think.

Jarrett
October 13th, 2003, 03:01 PM
This one?

www.ruthschris.com/comeVisit_locationDetail.asp?LocationID=28 (http://www.ruthschris.com/comeVisit_locationDetail.asp?LocationID=28)

I think we can count the patio out, it might be a bit cold for that. ;)

Beth2000
October 13th, 2003, 03:21 PM
yes Jarrett that is the one!!!! They have wonderful food. They aren't super expensive. They are pretty cheap and I believe they will be able to seat us all.

Yes, you are right sitting out on the patio wouldn't be the best that time of the year. Who knows maybe it will turn out to sunny out and 75. I can deal with that.

TimothysMyHero
October 13th, 2003, 03:29 PM
i'm gonna be working thursday afternoon probably...haha oh well-i'm sure i'll see everyone around town! :)

nymkfan51
October 13th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Beth ... that sounds great to me ... especially since I'm staying at Embassy Suites!

My only thought is that it might be a little expensive. You probably know better than me, but I went to one in Chicago which was very pricey.
Just something to think about.

UMBS Go Blue
October 13th, 2003, 09:38 PM
I'm actually more inclined towards doing a Saturday lunch, or, alternatively, early morning breakfast/brunch any day that week.

Ruth's Chris sounds like a great idea, but it could be on the pricey side, if that is a consideration for some of us.

UMBS Go Blue
October 13th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Just another thought: if anyone wants to meet up for more informal gatherings during the week, the CNN Center/Omni Hotel complex is literally right next door to Phillips Arena. There is a large indoor atrium to the CNN Center/Omni Hotel which has a huge fast food court and lots and lots of open seating. It is also where TalkBack Live used to air daily when it was still on the air, and it is also where the tours of the CNN studios leave from.

So again, this could be a perfect place to meet for informal gatherings during the week, or for a quick respite from the arena if the food there doesn't suffice (not that fast food will be much of a difference, though).

One caveat: entering CNN Center will require a quick security search, but this should not be a problem as we will be used to being searched when entering Phillips Arena anyway.

Beth2000
October 14th, 2003, 12:51 AM
okay just talked to Tom and he said Ruth Chris Steak is pricey. But, not pricey for what you get. If we go for lunch it won't be near as pricey. I will call them today and get their lunch prices and then let y'all know how much and then we can decide from there.

nymkfan51
October 14th, 2003, 02:40 AM
Thanks Beth!

New Yorker ... great idea about the CNN Center ... that would be a good place we could meet during the week. :)

Beth2000
October 14th, 2003, 04:40 AM
okay I just called them. If you order steak the cost will range $23-$34 if you have the luncheon which is sandwiches, salads, etc., the range is $8-$16. So, it isn't that expensive. If you order the steak then yes it is expensive. If you don't then it is pretty cheap.

Now, if y'all want to do the food courts at the Omni/CNN atrium then we can do that too. Just let me know.

GardenKitty
October 14th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Beth, either is fine with me, but we do have a number of students in our group and I want to make sure that nobody doesn't come because of price.

Maybe during November we can identify two or three choices near the arena and have people vote on which they'd prefer.

In any event, I really appreciate all the work you are putting into this. It seems whatever town MKF goes to we have wonderful people in the city who go all out to make us feel welcome!

Beth2000
October 14th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Garden Kitty this is my thinking too. I know most people coming are on tight budgets. That is why I am flexible. Where ever anyone wants to go is fine with me.

I only know of Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, and Ruth Chris Steak House. I know that there are tons of fast food places. Also at Underground Atlanta there are tons more of food courts.

I will start another thread in November as a poll and which ever has the most votes I will go from there.

Jarrett
October 14th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Those are the kind of prices I expected to pay. I don't think any of us plan on eating there every night.

Beth2000
October 14th, 2003, 07:01 AM
so basically everyone is up to paying $8-$16 for one luncheon?

If that is fine with everyone then that is fine with me. I know I personally wasn't planning on going there every day or night myself. I was thinking if we have one huge get together for lunch then we should be okay. If someone needs help with paying for their meal I can help. Now, that doesn't mean I will pick up everyone's tab. We don't have that kind of money. But, I can help out a couple of people if they really need it.

iceskaterdawn
October 14th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong. But it sounds like there are lots of restaurants (like fast food and such) right near the venues. That has been one of my biggest complaints at the past few Nationals is that there were not enough places to eat right near the venue. Without having a car to be able to go places (not to mention the time to go anywhere) nearby restaurants are a big plus!

Beth2000
October 14th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Dawn you are correct. The Omni/CNN center has lots of fast food places.

I just thought that one big get together for lunch would be nice.

KwanFan4Life
October 14th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Wow, I'm gone for a few days and I miss so much! I've been wondering when there would be some threads posted about getting together in Atlanta! This is VERY exciting! I still plan on going, so don't forget about me!

As for having lunch/dinner. Anything is fine with me! I'm just thrilled that I will get to meet y'all! It's going to be AWESOME!

Richard :)

nymkfan51
October 14th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Beth ... I think the $8-16 price range is a reasonable one.
Even though that will be our "main" get-together, doesn't mean we can't meet and enjoy time at the various food courts. I think there's room for both.

Thanks again :)
Norma

Budda_lovin
October 14th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Coming from someone on a student's budget, $8 to 16 isn't too bad for one meal. What are the prices of appetizers? Sometimes those suffice as a meal by themselves. What are their vegetarian options like?

I'm with the person that mentioned an informal gathering earlier in the week. I'll be getting there earlier in the week and will only know my hotel roommates, but I'm not even sure who they are yet:\ I'm also kind of shy, so I could see myself hanging out by myself most of the week if I don't meet MKF people earlier, which wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Beth2000
October 14th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Budda Lovin, no need to hang out by yourself. I am going to send you a PM and as soon as you get to town call me. I am planning on coming downtown every day.

I agree Norma the one huge big get together and then a bunch of informals is great!!!!

Budda Lovin, I really don't know about vegetarian. I am sorry. I believe their appetizers are pretty cheap. Shoot, I have gone to Long Horn and have ordered their Tonion and that has totally satisfied me. So, I understand what you are saying. Again, I can help out a couple of people meal wise if they need help.

epoibim
October 14th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Beth, I just want to say Thank you (for everything). Your generosity and spirit just glow through and I can not wait to add you to the ever growing list of MKFers I have had the PLEASURE of meeting.:)

The $8-16 sounds fine to me...and I can't wait for the many "informal" gatherings for the week!

Wow...we're going to Nationals...:rollin

Thanks, Michelle.:)

Beth2000
October 15th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Erin,

you are welcome. I am just so excited. I have read story after story about get togethers and y'all going to competitions so much so, that when they decided to come to Atlanta I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet a bunch of my fellow MKFer's :)

Nationals hasn't even started and I am already on cloud nine. As it gets closer I am only going to get worse. By the end of the week Tom will wonder what happened to his quiet wife ;) :lol

colinmom71
October 15th, 2003, 10:15 AM
If it helps, here's the web site for Ruths Chris Downtown... Click on the Lunch Menu link and you'll see available selections and prices. Unfortunately, if you're looking forward to one of their famous steaks, those are pretty much only available on the Dinner Menu...

ruthschrisdowntown.citysearch.com/ (http://ruthschrisdowntown.citysearch.com/)

Unless you're a semi-vegetarian who eats seafood, your vegetarian options are pretty much limited to ordering a la carte from their Vegetables and Potatoes section of the menu. Even then, you may need inquire whether they season some of those veggie dishes with meat broths, if you're sensitive to that...

epoibim
October 15th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Mmmmm, thanks for the link...can I order now?;)

Hopefully we won't be restricted just to chicken (haha), because man that steak looks good!!!:)

Thanks, Stacey...you are a wealth of information! The MKF's personal "Ask Jeeves":lol

iceskaterdawn
October 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Budda Lovin, closer to time I'll give you my cell number. I'll be there all week, and would love to get together to watch practices, events, go out to eat, whatever. Don't worry you won't have to be by yourself the whole week.

kwanette
October 15th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Sounds great...Thanks, Beth2000.

MarcellaMichelle
October 17th, 2003, 09:43 AM
You can count me in if I can find a place to stay and its either Friday or Saturday or Sunday. I teach Thursday night (the 8th) and won't arrive until Friday.

I just HAVE to meet other MKF'ers because its on my life achievements list along with seeing MK compete in person and this is the best chance I've had to do both.:LP

Ashleigh200202
October 17th, 2003, 10:35 AM
hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself my name is ashley. So I can't believe it will be January before we no it!!!
I would love to get together sometime during the week with all of you!!! If all goes well I will have enough money to come!!
I have one question does anyone know if I can take the marta from College park GA. or would it be easier to stay in the city...thank I'm not from GA so I would love if anyone had any advice .
Thanks Ashley

nymkfan51
October 17th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Welcome Ashleigh!
I was searching around a bit and I think College Park is by the Atlanta Airport ... and I believe there is good public transportation available. Maybe Beth2000 can give you more information. I am providing a link that I found with a list of hotels in College Park ... hopefully one of these will work out for you.
We will all be getting together at Nationals ... keep checking Event Info as we get closer to January.

Here's the link:
www.state-of-georgia-hote...k-lodging/ (http://www.state-of-georgia-hotels.com/college-park-lodging/)

Norma

GardenKitty
October 17th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Hi Ashleigh ! I hope we get to meet you in Atlanta. You won't find a more enthusiastic bunch of skating fans or a more welcoming goup of people than the MKFrs. If you are in Atlanta, I hope you'll join us!

Beth2000
October 17th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Hey Ashleigh!!! Yes, you can take Marta from College Park to downtown Atlanta. Not sure how long of a ride you are looking at though.

I have maps of the Marta stations. If you are interested then send me a Private Message with your address and I will gladly send them to you :)

pblueyes
October 18th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Count me, eventerbess, and my mom in for the get together. We will be flying in that morning, so unless we have any major delays we will be there.

Thanks Beth2000 for all your effort and organization with the plans.

We're going to Nationals!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!::eek

livetoskate
October 20th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone, I've been reading the MK Forum off and on for the past year and was inspired to sign up by my friend "Buttercup." I am going to be at Nationals from Wed.-Saturday, and I look forward to meeting you guys. I have a husband who never goes to skating events (sometimes he'll come watch me compete at local competitions). I have a non-skating brother and some relatives and old family friends in Atlanta, but none of them would want to go to Nationals, so I'll be there giddy by myself. Actually, my uncle in Atlanta used to compete in skating in Taiwan (30 yrs ago I guess), but he probably has to work. When I went to worlds in DC, I did strike up conversations with people sitting around me, and it was wonderful to meet so many people who are passionate about skating and know lots of details about skating and the skaters too! I've signed up to volunteer, but I don't know where and what times yet. I'll be staying in Dunwoody near Perimeter Mall. I look forward to meeting you all!
Judy in North Carolina

GardenKitty
October 20th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Hi Judy! I'm glad Buttercup got you to post. I went to DC by myself, but I was certainly not "alone". One of the nicest things about MKF is the variety of all the posters - we cover just about every category of age, location, race, hobby and occupation that you can think of - but we are all brought together by our admiration for MK. When I went to my first lunch in NY I worried that everyone would know each other except for me and that I'd have nobody to talk to, but everybody made me feel so welcome.

I hope we get to meet you in Atlanta!

babyoscar
October 22nd, 2003, 06:54 AM
I have a quick question. National starts the day I start school, so I won't be able to go. However, I have family that lives about 1.5 hours from Atlanta. Do anyone know if anything will be going on a week before national starts in Atlanta? Do the skaters arrive that early to adjust to the time zone and skates at local rinks possibly? Thanks

MarcellaMichelle
October 22nd, 2003, 07:27 AM
I am now a definite for the get together. I have a place to stay (thanks to Budda Lovin and Beth 2000, who are :angel ) and my husband agreed to cover my class and the university approved it.

I am so looking forward to MK :CK

Beth2000
October 22nd, 2003, 08:50 AM
Yay!!!! Marcella I am so happy for you!!!!!!

Jarrett
October 22nd, 2003, 08:57 AM
babyoscar, I don't think any of the seniors will get there before Monday.

iceskaterdawn
October 22nd, 2003, 12:07 PM
When travelling in the same country, most skaters don't have too many issues with jetlag since they are used to traveling a lot farther. Most of the novice and jr skaters will arrive on the Saturday and Sunday that Nationals start, and then the Sr skaters tend to arrive Sunday or Monday. Sometiems the bigger named skaters don't arrive to even later, because once you check in at a practice at Nationals you can only skate on official ice practices. Those are limited to a couple of sessions a day. A lot of skaters can get more ice time at their home rinks so they wait until the last possible minute to start practicing at Nationals.

livetoskate
October 22nd, 2003, 12:58 PM
Hi Garden Kitty-
Thanks for your response. I did get to see how the MK Forum brought together people at Worlds. I was there with "Buttercup" and then I met this man named Leon, who had a special T-shirt with pictures of Michelle ironed on! I spend a lot of spare time watching skating (got a pile of tapes) and skating too, which I hope I can do for many years to come. I'm gonna be 30 in a few months! I look forward to meeting everyone in Atlanta,

Judy in NC :)

epoibim
October 22nd, 2003, 06:10 PM
Welcome Judy!

I look forward to meeting you.

77 Days until the SP....:rollin

YAAAAAAAY!

epoibim
October 22nd, 2003, 07:15 PM
(This message was left blank)

mindy74
November 5th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I might be going to Nationals (if I can get my sis to go with me!) so we'd be there. Lunch sounds good. I'm probably only going to the mens/ladies shorts and long programs. I'll miss seeing the dance and pairs but can't afford an all-event ticket and the hotel costs.
Friday would probably be better but I'll try to make it any day that is planned.

epoibim
November 6th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Hi Mindy,

Would it be at all possible that you could volunteer for the event? If you can volunteer 24 hours during the week (4 shifts of 6 hours) you get some serious benefits, including 2 ticket vouchers good for any event except the ladies free skate. You also get a free exhibition ticket. Thats how we are getting to see most of the events that week; we broke the bank (who needs books next semester?);) and bought lower level tickets for the shorts and long. Heck, I don't care if they have me stand on my head until I'm Tosca purple...volunteering is a blast!

There is a link on the official website for Volunteering...Good Luck and see you in Atlanta!!:)

GardenKitty
November 6th, 2003, 07:46 AM
judy, if you are at a ladies' practice and see a group of people cheering even louder than the other people cheering for MK, you've found MKF! I hope you'll come up and introduce yourself and not wait for the big lunch later in the week.

If you want, closer to the event, feel free to PM me and I can give you my contact info down in Atlanta so you'll be sure to know someone there.

I'll be there all week so if you want to arrange to meet up we can certainly do that.

Mindy, Erin's suggestion of volunteering is great if you think you'll have the time. Not only do you get all the benefits she mentioned, but it's interesting to see all the behind the scenes mechanics that goes on at these events.

Awesome
November 6th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Hi,
I am going to the Seniors Men's and Ladies (SP + LP)event only. However, i would want to watch practices. Does anyone know where i could purchase practice passes? or is there anyone in this forum who has an all even ticket and is willing to sell their practice passes. I am going alone so i only need one ticket.

Oh, I would like to join the "MKF Get together lunch/dinner". Please count me in.

Teacher1
November 7th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Whatever is planned I'll be there! My husband will probably be there too! He would probably enjoy socializing with any other husbands that are going because they want to make their wife happy! He would much rather be watching ACC basketball! He does tend to get into the soap opera parts of figure skating.

katsk8
November 8th, 2003, 08:53 AM
I so want to go! I really think there's a good chance it's finally going to happen this year! I can't wait! If I go, and then there's an MKF lunch, I'm definitely there. I can't wait to see everyone in peachland.

newmexicomom
November 13th, 2003, 07:01 AM
I'll now definitely be there, so count me in for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks!

Got a room, my tickets and now I just need to figure out the airline situation. I'm trying to use airline points for a free ticket.

Terri

Teacher1
December 6th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Has anyone in the area thought of a good place we could get together?

Beth2000
December 8th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Teacher1, the last time I checked a lot of people were fine with meeting at Ruth Chris Steak for the one big get together.

Okay I am going to go and start another thread to get a count of how many want Ruth Chris Steak.

belladella
December 8th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I really have to start visiting the Events section now that the time is growing closer. I almost missed out on a lot of information.

Thank you Beth for all that you're doing. I'm looking forward to meeting you and all of the new faces at the luncheon. The restaurant sounds perfect. I'm staying at the Embassy, so it's convenient for me.

Dream Again
December 8th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Just realized this thread and I definitely want to be counted in whatever we plan to do! I'd be thrilled to meet all of you seeing as how we share such a huge common love . . . we'd have tons to talk about. LOL

Kevin

My seat for Nationals: Section 210, Row A Seat 1 All-Event Baby!!! :D

Dream Again
December 8th, 2003, 12:12 PM
I am SOOO excited . . . I just got the entire first week of January off from work!! WOOHOO!!! **celebrates**

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!! hehe

Oooh, we also need to plan the celebration party should you know who wins. ;) :D

livetoskate
December 8th, 2003, 12:31 PM
GardenKitty,
Thanks for your response. I will be arriving in Atlanta Wed. afternoon, and I will most likely be having around the Philips Arena from then through Sat. night! The only events that I will miss are ice dance events. I plan to see all the practices too. :D I'm going to make a little banner for Michelle. I wonder if Leon is going-- he's pretty easy to spot with his unique Michelle Kwan T-shirt. I'll wear my imitation Michelle Kwan pendant-- it came with the Michelle Kwan skating computer game that my husband got me a few years ago.

As far as practice passes go- I don't think those are sold in advance unless you got all-event tickets. Anyone know how much individual practice passes are? At worlds, they were $12 each.
Judy

sidneyke
December 8th, 2003, 09:20 PM
I'm new to this board and a big MK fan! My first ever ladies competition was Nationals in Dallas, and MK's skate in the free program was the greatest sports performance I've ever seen!!! I was so honored to have been there.
Anyway, I hope to be able to join you guys for lunch if that's possible? being that I don't know anyone in the ATL. I'm just flying in for the free program and leaving the next day, but I may consider coming earlier if I find something to do.

Sidney

Go Michelle!!!!:JP