PDA

View Full Version : Report of MK's Skate Canada Short Program!!!...CTV finally s

Karin
November 6th, 1999, 02:12 PM
Hi guys... CTV is showing ladies' sp right now... Julia skated...fell on 3flip (way leaned over)...spiral sequence was not impressive...no hold of positions!!!...she has the exact movements as Maria...only her spins are faster...but her camel spin was beautiful...but with no centre!!! Tracey Wilson said during Julia's spiral sequence that MK holds her leg way way up over her head... bla bla bla... One of the few differences between her and Maria...IMO...is how fast she gets up after a fall!!! *MK!!!...WOW!!!...I enjoyed A Day in the Life a lot!!!...I luved when she did the spiral sequence...it was the most intense part of the music during the program!!!... excellent!!! When she stepped on...commentator said..."she is the most famous Michelle in the world of figure skating!!!...One of the all time greats"...(something like that) OK...4 those of you concerned with why MK's marks were so low!!!...here goes!!! 1) gorgeous 2axel...but not too too high!!! 2) 3lutz/2toe...high lutz...but slow slow exit of 2toe... 3) 3toe...really shaky landing!!! It's interesting to hear Tracy Wilson commenting that MK's marks were so low because it reflects the technical difficulty. Tracy was quite critical but ITA!!!... But Wilson said that MK said that she doesn't want to take the chance...she doesn't want to risk!!!"...I was surprised...because I DOUBT MK actually said that about the season!!!...but may be for SC...anywayz... MK's layback was pretty (but I like the old one beter!!!)...Tracy Wilson pointed out that MK "has a beautiful arch of the back"...and said "look at how high her freeleg is!!!" The only thing is that she needs more speed in the revolutions!!!...her new position slows down her spin because of that extra area in the air her free leg covers...affects the centre of gravity!!!...but pretty!!! During the Kwan-spiral...TW said "it takes a billion strength to do this!!!" MK really knows how the flirt with the audience!!!...especially during the beginning...and her Carmen-shrug-her-shoulders-move!!! Oooh!!!... Rod Black said at the end that MK is "just 19 with so much composure, finess, and so many fans!!!" During MK's marks...he said "1 word comes to mind about MK...AWESOME!!!"... then the 2 commentators went on about how when MK wins, she is so classy...and even in defeat!!!... great attitude and great role model...(the usual stuff!!!) Talked how MK should definitely skate to music by the Beatles because MK's dad named her after the song Michelle!!! In the Kiss and Cry...MK got a Pikachu...sorry Shallah...didn't see your monkey!!!... MK said to Frank...'oh...Pokemon'!!! Frank also said that MK's spins were faster and MK said "for sure!!!" Diane...I couldn't see the MKGA sign!!!...but I'll look again!!!* Jennifer Robinson's program was exquisite!!!...the crowd went nuts!!!... they kept mentioning that JR's choreographer is "Michelle Kwan's choreographer...Lori Nichol...and she brought out the best in Jen"... I think the program actually suits MK more...but...anywayz...Jen 2footed her lutz...weak 3loop...but amazing!!! Well...hope MK will up the ante of her solo...but I say the Kwan-spiral makes up for everything!!! Go MK!!!...Good Luck in the freeskate on Sunday!!!...We luv ya!!!

DianeO
November 6th, 1999, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the report Karin!! I *can* believe that Michelle said she didn't want to take the risk though. It makes a lot of sense. Just look at the competition at SC, or lack thereof. She really didn't need to take a risk there and didn't need the 3flip to win. Even with the 3toe and a shaky landing she was still miles ahead of Jennifer in the marks.

Karin
November 6th, 1999, 03:36 PM
Yes I can imagine her saying that for SC!!!... what a field eh??? LOL!!! ... but I think Tracy was referring to MK saying that just generally!!!...

littleone4eva
November 6th, 1999, 05:20 PM
Pikachu?!?!?! hehehe. Karin, so you liked last seasons layback better then this seasons?

Karin
November 6th, 1999, 05:26 PM
Yes Pikachu...where's Josh??? Hahaha... Um...yes, I like MK's old layback better...But I do appreciate very much so her new free leg position...it is very attractive and more difficult...let alone ouch!!!... But MK was awesome!!!...I actually like ADITL more than FOC!!!...but that's my opinion!!! Go MK...go for the gold tomorrow!!!...We luv ya!!!...Go MK!!!

François
November 6th, 1999, 06:26 PM
I like her new short Program alot, it's a different michelle ,with joy. Yes she skated with more SPEED , i would like to see the flip. That program is mutch better than the last year ,the Carmen one.

DianeO
November 6th, 1999, 07:08 PM
This is off topic but, Karin, LOL! I think you set the record for the most number of edits in your first post! hehe :) That is a great feature, isn't it? :)

Karin
November 6th, 1999, 07:36 PM
Sesame street!!!...OK...I was never a fan...hated it since I was little!!!...I thought they were so ugly!!!...is that Elmo???

Karin
November 6th, 1999, 07:39 PM
Me too!!!...I like this program way way more than FOC!!!...FOC was my least favourite!!!...JMO!!! ADITL is excellent!!!

Joshua
November 6th, 1999, 11:27 PM
And I brought my Pikachu with me! I feel so guilty right now, like I'm not on as often as I should be. It's just that I'm really behind with school work and it's 1:26 am on Sunday and I have to wake up early to start a political option paper due Monday, then I got work, then I got to finish....did I mention I also had to go to the library for resources for an essay that I have no idea what my thesis is going to be and I gotta finish by Tuesday....and don't get me started on Economics....so I probably won't be posting much, if at all, until near the end of the week. I just feel obliged to let you all know, I know I don't have to, but I want to. Thanks for the report Karin. Best wishes to Michelle in the long. See ya!

Karin
November 7th, 1999, 05:32 AM
LOL Josh...don't feel guilty!!!... At least you have the strength to stay away... ha!!!...Me???...I have 2 tests this week (1 physiology...and the other theory!!!)... then next Mon...2assignments due... and the next 3 essays due!!! LOL...I'm scared just writing about it!!!... But since I'm always doing my stats on the computer...I can actually check back and forth and be on-line 24-7...welll...that's unless someone else needs the computer...'cause it's not mine!!!... Anywayz... Go MK!!!... ~ 1 hour left to go until your freeskate!!!...keep those muscles warm!!!...go for the gold!!! We luv ya!!!

Terri
November 7th, 1999, 07:10 AM
I love the choreography and Michelle's skating in this program but I don't like the second half of the music - from the spiral on. The first half I really like. As a whole I like it, it's much different than anything she's ever done and she continues to take steps forward in her skating.

DianeO
November 7th, 1999, 08:25 AM
Karin--Its Ernie!! :)

Googoo
November 7th, 1999, 08:25 AM
Hey what's wrong with Sesame Street?! Anyway what was so exquisite about Jen Robinson's program such that the crowd went nuts? When is MK skating the LP>???? Now??

Karin
November 7th, 1999, 08:44 AM
Cardiologist... Jen was beautiful!!!...not just her face!!!:O) Her program was really really nice...I think I'd like MK in it better though!!!...but anyway... regarding...why she got a standing ovation???...1 word...Canadian... Actually MK got a slight standing ovation too!!!...but given there were mainly Canucks out there...they went nuts with Jen!!! BTW Doc, I always always thought Sesame Street was gross...JMO... I remember turning on the TV one day...looked at that garbage can slimy yucky thing ...and I was like "ill!!!"...I think that did it for me!!! No more Sesame Street for me!!!... For some reason...I didn't like Polka Dot Doors either!!!...I liked Mr. Dressup!!! Ill...and I hated the Carebears... Diane...ooopsies...I thought that was Elmo...how does he look???

MichelleFANnumber1
November 9th, 1999, 04:50 PM
I heard Michelle had a rough 3toe, and thats why her marks were so low. What happened??? Thats one of her best jumps, besides the salcow(or however you spell it)