PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about MK's music at USA vs. World?

Brian
December 20th, 1999, 10:17 AM
I read that MK skated to a song called "Idle Hands" at this competition. I searched at CDnow and there are two songs with this title. One by "Flop" and another by "Polara". Does anyone know which one it is? By the way, I am pleasantly surprised that MK has another new program!

Karin
December 20th, 1999, 10:31 AM
MK has a new program???...I'm guessing it's the new program for Grand Prix Finals??? I dunno!!!...I thought she would skate to ADITL and R&J...guess not!!! Does this new one have lyrics???...is it permitted at Grand Prix Finals??? MK is so special!!! When is it broadcasted on TV???

Rene
December 20th, 1999, 11:04 AM
I was NOT expecting a new program! She wouldn't be able to skate an exhibition stlye program at GPF's, unless she has 2 different versions, I would think.

Karin
December 20th, 1999, 12:48 PM
apparently MK wore the OMT costume!!! I luv that!!!

CultureShock
December 20th, 1999, 02:23 PM
Nate! I doubt that MK would be skating to either...they're more like a hard rock band than the likes of a GFB. But I'm eager to see this new program...hmm, hope she's not using fake flesh, lol!

Jenny
December 20th, 1999, 02:53 PM
The FSW review said that Michelle wore a "skin colored" costume, but I haven't read anything about the music.... I thought it might be "One More Time," but that's exciting to hear that she might have a new exhibition / interpretive free program! Where did you hear that the song was called "Idle Hands," Brian? Perhaps the title is a bit inaccurate (this is total guessing here), and maybe she's skating to "hands" by Jewel. That would be really cool because I like that song a lot... and it does sound like a possibility since that song does have the word "idle" in the lyrics. ;-)

Jenny
December 20th, 1999, 03:02 PM
The more I think about it, the more I could totally see Michelle skating to this Jewel song! It's so spiritual.... and very beautiful. This is probably in vain since there's probably a less than 5% chance that this is the song Michelle is using, but here are the lyrics to Jewel's song: hands if i could tell the world just one thing / it would be that we're all ok / and not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful / and useless in times like these / i won't be made useless / i won't be idle with despair / i will gather myself around my faith / for light does the darkness most fear my hands are small, i know / but they're not yours, they are my own / but they're not yours, they are my own / and i am never broken poverty stole your golden shoes / it didn't steal your laughter / and heartache came to visit me / but i knew it wasn't ever after / we'll fight, not out of spite / for someone must stand up for what's right / cause where there's a man who has no voice / there ours shall go singing my hands are small i know / but they're not yours, they are my own / but they're not yours, they are my own / i am never broken in the end only kindness matters / in the end only kindness matters / i will get down on my knees, and i will pray / i will get down on my knees, and i will pray / i will get down on my knees, and i will pray my hands are small i know / but they're not yours, they are my own / but they're not yours, they are my own / and i am never broken my hands are small i know / but they're not yours, they are my own / but they're not yours, they are my own and i am never broken / we are never broken we are god's eyes / god's hands / god's mind / we are god's eyes / god's hands / god's heart / we are god's eyes / god's hands / god's eyes / we are god's hands /we are god's hands

Karin
December 20th, 1999, 05:15 PM
Jenny!!!...I luv that song!!! I hope MK is skating to that...MK can bring all the emotions outa that music!!!...and Jewel's voice actually suits MK a lot!!! OK guys...I am so anxious to see it!!!

Jenny
December 20th, 1999, 05:31 PM
Karin, glad to hear that someone else likes that song besides me! I know if that is the song (and again, that's a huge IF -- I don't want to read somewhere else that Michelle is definitely skating to that song because they read it here, LOL -- this is pure speculation/wishful thinking!), anyway, back to what I was saying: I know that if that is the song, people will complain, "Oh, another GFB from Michelle," but I like Jewel, and I don't think her voice is really generic. Which leads me to: Who decides whether a female ballad is "generic" or not? Or are all soulful songs with female vocals just automatically generic? Whatever -- I guess that's a discussion for skating chat, or random chat.... I don't know! All I know is that I want to know what song Michelle is skating to!!!

Karin
December 20th, 1999, 05:36 PM
What is MK GFB??? I'm disappointed it's speculation Jenny!!! Crossing my fingers!!!

littleone4eva
December 20th, 1999, 07:26 PM
<A HREF=http://www.nationalpost.com/sports.asp?s2=sportsdigest >http://www.nationalpost.com/sports.asp?s2=sportsdigest </A> Scroll down, and there's a practice pic of Michelle (I think) from the competition. Hey, it's something!

Brian
December 20th, 1999, 07:53 PM
Virginia on the kwanadult list said she read a report that said "Idle Hands" was the song she skating to. It could be something else though.

KristiDrop
December 20th, 1999, 08:33 PM
That's what I was wondering. . .:o) GFB is such a loosely used term, it's seems that EVERY program with a female ballad is labeled as a "GFB" lol. To me, a song like "Dante's Prayer" or even "Kissing You" is not generic, and I happen to love many of the "GFB" programs, but hey, that's jmho.

mano
December 20th, 1999, 08:37 PM
That practice pic seems like '99 World's practice pic. That layback is from Carmen and her hair seems shorter in that one. That practice costume is her black one with the red piping on the bodice.

lilpnoy847
December 21st, 1999, 05:44 AM
I found a site where u can download the song: Idle Hands. But the thing is...there's like 10 songs. I can't download them cuz my Realplayer is messed up but try to guess which suits Michelle. <A HREF=http://artists.music.yahoo.com/yc?cc=ss&cps=idle%2A+hands%2A>http://artists.music.yahoo.com/yc?cc=ss&cps=idle%2A+hands%2A</A>

DianeO
December 21st, 1999, 05:53 AM
OMG! I would LOVE if Michelle were skating to "Hands" by Jewel!!! That is such a great song. I can picture her skating to it now :o) hehe But, I guess it could be some very obscure song with the title "Idle Hands" that might not be listed on CDnow either. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

sw3
December 21st, 1999, 07:15 AM
There was a movie released awhile back called "Idle Hands." It was a dark comedy. Maybe MK is skating to some music from that. That means it could be instrumental and she could use it at the GP Final!!!! Just speculation, of course.

Jenny
December 21st, 1999, 08:07 AM
Diane -- That's true that it could be some obscure song..... but I hope it's Jewel's song! sw -- The person on FSW did say the song had lyrics, so it won't be something that she could use for the GP Final unless there's an instrumental version as well. I've started a new thread about this in MK Fan Chat. That thread should be spoiler free for those who want to hear about the new program, but not details about the competition.

Sprampt
December 22nd, 1999, 04:22 PM
Yes, Michelle skated to "Hands" by Jewel (my cousin said it is a new version of it). At the very beginning she came out in her "One More Time" dress, but then she changed to a new dress for her program that looked like the OMT dress.