PDA

View Full Version : Look at it this way...

jkovner
January 15th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Michelle now has competition that she has sorely needed. In order for Michelle to win now, she will need to up her technical merit and push herself constantly like she did when Tara was around. While this is upsetting in many ways, there is light at the end of the tunnel

Karin
January 15th, 2000, 08:26 AM
I was so (well not really too) upset...I was disappointed that MK didn't win...but so happy for IS since she is one of my faves skaters...BUT then when I found out about IS's 3sal/3loop and history making 3lutz/3loop...I was also kinda disappointed for MK BUT SO SO SO SO PROUD of Irina!!! Ya see...remember how MK was talking about those 2 3/3's??? I would have liked it if MK did the 3z/3loop first...but that's OK...afterall it was IS (my 3rd fave ladies skater) who did it!!! (Hahaha my boyfriend called me and said he saw the results on the web...and asked me if I was totally devastated since I usually am after MK doesn't win...but to his and my surprise, I said...NO I'm so happy!!!...because MK WILL come back stronger than ever before after defeat) Now that said...I think it's great news...and couldn't have happened at a better time!!! the GPF definitely will give MK and Team Kwan a lot to think about!!! The split votes in the sp also gives MK an indication!!! Not only did IS beat MK technically...(so now MK has to big time up the ante)...but IS also got some much higher presentation marks than MK...(so MK will have to think about that too!!!) Really!!!...it's wonderful I guess ya can say MK made history too...one of her lowest presentation marks since those streaks of 5.9's and 6.0's!!! Worlds is gonna be SO exciting!!! Imagine??? also with Sarah!!! Go MK!!! You can do it!!!

BeezerB
January 15th, 2000, 08:39 AM
I, for some reason, too, am not devastated about this. With two history making triple/triples Irina deserves the win. I know MK feels the same way. It's more devasting when she falls and loses. Irina outskated her fair and square. I love it when everyone's clean!!! But, I agree this will push MK somewhat with her technical difficulty, although doing two 3/3s once does not mean she's going to be able to do it again.....hope she can BUT, we all know that everyone has their days..........Tim Goebel comes to mind...

mano
January 15th, 2000, 08:39 AM
Live Sacrifices. This KFC stuff isn't working!!!

Karin
January 15th, 2000, 08:47 AM
ITA...I am almost sure...that if MK had won with Irina skating so magnificently...that MK would not have been too happy!!! Remember at the Goodwill Games when MK said in that fluff piece...that (paraphrasing) it wouldn't feel all too special to win skating not so good compared to feeling really fufilled if winning with a great skate??? Well...in the same way...it is totally OBVIOUS that Irina DID outskate MK (I can't beleive I for once would say that about anyone!!! Hee hee)...and if MK had won...she wouldn't have been too fufilled!!! But if MK can come back to worlds (after winning Nationals) and skate with her 3/3's that she talked about and the 3axel (I know I'm hoping too much...may be next season)...and finally be flawless in a competition this season...she will be much happier!!!

SkateFan007
January 15th, 2000, 08:55 AM
Hmmm...I guess this is another wake up call for Michelle. I agree with you jkovner, so now that Irina has really wowed everyone, Michelle's going to be even more motivated to up her technicality. I must admit that I am disappointed, but hey, at least it was Irina who won:-)

MichelleFANnumber1
January 15th, 2000, 08:56 AM
I am dissapointed Michelle didn't win, but happy for Irina. However, I do not think that Irina's artistic ability is anywhere NEAR Michelle's. I am also happy that MB didnt win! I bet she feels really small... lol

mkltlh
January 15th, 2000, 09:17 AM
Im so disappointed in Michelle I can't help it, I don't want to be. I think school has taken its toll on her skating. I think Michelle should ask herself what is more important at this point in her life. Im sure Irina was praticing these jumps and michelle new she had them. At this rate Michelle won't have a chance for gold at the worlds, forget about the 2002 olympics. I do have to say Im very very very happpy Maris B. came in third, she deserves it. She has the worst sportmanship I have ever seen.

XPEG
January 15th, 2000, 09:20 AM
I agree with jkovner. Michelle has not been pushed to up her tech difficulty since Tara left. I never considered Maria a real rival, that was just media hype. Now she has somebody I feel is real competition. I also agree with BreezerB, two skaters, skating clean. Michelle was out-skated. That's much better than her losing with a fall like at 99Worlds. Michelle has not lost such a mano-on-mano skate since the Olympics (sickness at Worlds did her in). Things may be changing this year...there's real competition.

badhairday
January 15th, 2000, 10:11 AM
You know, it hurts everytime Micheelle doesn't win....I like Irina, don't get me wrong.. I think she totally deeserve the win with that performancee... I really hope that Michelle can improve in the tech department! I really can't sustain another second place finish... I just want the best for her....

wonder
January 15th, 2000, 11:51 AM
We will save life sacrifice for 2002. Until then, only KFC ... I was a little disappointed, but WOW, Irina did a great job. Marriage works for her, doesn't it? Can't wait for tonight. Maybe more importantly, a handsome and caring guy for Michelle ASAP? She is 19 now, having only father/brother figures around her are not enough ... ;)

vive_la_reine
January 15th, 2000, 11:56 AM
As a matter of fact, I will volunteer to be the live sacrifice for 2002! (That's how much I want Michelle to win the gold.) My only request is that I can somehow get to see her skate before I go. Will the sacrifice work if it is done after the event or does it have to be before??!!!???

Karin
January 15th, 2000, 12:08 PM
ROTFL people!!!... BTW what is KFC??? Anywayzzz...just wanted to say that I talked to my dad on the phone and he said that he thinks it's better that MK didn't win because her come back will be more appreciated and more exciting than her winning everything!!! :-) Go MK!!!

skatingfan
January 15th, 2000, 12:13 PM
Care to let us know when you were in Lake Arrowhead this past summer what 3/3 combo was MK practicing again? Thanks.

barang
January 15th, 2000, 12:23 PM
i don't know about the handsome part but i can be caring guy for michelle asap.

skatingfan
January 15th, 2000, 12:28 PM
KFC is Kentucky Fried Chicken. The MK cult use that to as offering to our ice goddess, and Popeye is anothe brand of fried chicken.

mano
January 15th, 2000, 02:15 PM
We like you too much to use as live sacrifice. I'd volunteer myself, but I'm planning to have a dental appointment that time to get my impacted Wisdom tooth taken out. Any other volunteers, please seek high priestess Yingshan.

vive_la_reine
January 15th, 2000, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Mano! It's nice to be appreciated. By the way, after thinking about it, I thot I'd better post a follow-up message to clarify that I was JUST KIDDING!!! This is in case someone who doesn't know me or the history of the old thread sees this and reports that Kwan fanatics are proponents of human sacrifices to help her win the gold in 2002. I hope it's not already too late.... I repeat, this is meant as a joke. I was JUST KIDDING!!!!