PDA

View Full Version : Ladies SPOILER!

Scout
October 29th, 1999, 08:01 PM
She did it again!!!! A great program to get first place in the short program competition with a 6.0 from the Russian judge! Sarah Hughes came in second - I don't know about anyone else yet. I just can't wait to see it Please don't let it be pre-empted by golf!!! Congratulations, Michelle and Sarah (my second favorite ladies figure skater). Suzanne

Arsenette
October 29th, 1999, 08:03 PM
Where did you get the information from? Thanks!

wonder
October 29th, 1999, 08:03 PM
Michelle!!! Thank you Suzanne!

Sprampt
October 29th, 1999, 08:05 PM
OK.... YES. I am sooo happy. Now i can go to sleep.

Karin
October 29th, 1999, 08:07 PM
mp BP drops back to normal!!!

Janice
October 29th, 1999, 08:08 PM
I just read the report from Barry Wilner, too. Yeah, Michelle. And I was worried....

Googoo
October 29th, 1999, 08:08 PM
GO MICHELLE! I am so proud of you!!!

Arsenette
October 29th, 1999, 08:10 PM
Who's Barry Wilner?

DianeO
October 29th, 1999, 08:11 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!! I am so incredibly HAPPY!!! GO MICHELLE AND SARAH!! The US singles skaters are doing GREAT in this competition so far!! WOW!! First Weiss, Goebel, and Savoie, and now Michelle and Sarah! How exciting!!! How did Angela do? :)

Arsenette
October 29th, 1999, 08:13 PM
Someon on FSW found this on rssif: 1, Michelle Kwan, United States, .5. 2, Sarah Hughes, United States, 1.0. 3, Elena Sokolova, Russia, 1.5. 4, Julia Soldatova, Russia, 2.0. 5, Angela Nikodinov, United States, 2.5. 6, Alisa Drei, Finland, 3.0. 7, Julia Lautowa, Austria, 3.5. 8, Julia Sebestyen, Hungary, 4.0. 9, Yuka Kanazawa, Japan, 4.5. 10, Nadine Gosselin, Canada, 5.0. 11, Dorothee Derroitte, Belgium, 5.5

Sharon
October 29th, 1999, 08:13 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS too! I'm so excited, I don't know if I can sleep! I think it's on at 10:00am Sunday for me out here in California. THANKS SUZANNE!

Marco
October 29th, 1999, 08:16 PM
Phew !! Yeah go Michelle and Elena! Oh oh still the triple toe!

Janice
October 29th, 1999, 08:22 PM
Barry Wilner is a Canadian sportswriter. He is as controversial as Christine Brennan. He also has a reputation for being Pro-Tara/Anti-Michelle. I'm surprised at how complimentary he's been toward Michelle recently.

kwanette
October 29th, 1999, 08:28 PM
It's 1:25am est...just got home from celebrating our football team's victory over a great teammm...now I am EVEN happier...I love you Michelle Kwan! And yeah Sarah!!!!You're a sweetheart!

DKNY Loves MK
October 29th, 1999, 08:43 PM
I am just sooooooooooooooooo happy right now. NO words can even describe my feelings. Ya go girl.

Kidd343
October 29th, 1999, 08:52 PM
Alrightee though! What a good start! I hope we get to see the SP's on sunday! Hey Karin, I just replied on the other thread, what do you mean by "bp"? I hope you are okay! Anyone know if Sarah did land the 3z/3t??

MKfan
October 29th, 1999, 09:06 PM
Yeah...oh, that is sooo wonderful...one more program to go and two days to see the performance!! Go Michelle...all the way!! :) We are all proud of ya!

sw10025a
October 29th, 1999, 09:16 PM
Maria Butyrskaya, eat your heart out!!! Snicker, snicker, snicker. Can you imagine the look on Maria's/Julia Soldatova's coach's face when Michelle got a 6.0 in a real, absolutely bona fide genuine competition, this early in the season, without using classical music, and from the RUSSIAN judge, yet?! And after Michelle admitted in the press that she only gets to work with Frank one day a week, she can't practice two days a week, she's been having trouble switching back and forth between skating and school mentalities, and her consistency has suffered as a result. Hee hee hee. Can you imagine Maria's reaction when her coach (or someone else) tells her? Boy, I'd love to listen in on that conversation, assuming my naive little ears could take that much profanity. I hope this performance (and her scores) really gives Michelle a morale boost and the confidence to believe that she is doing the right thing by going to college while she continues to skate. And, equally importantly, I hope it inspires and motivates her for tomorrow night's LP! Speaking of which, anybody know what her actual scores and ordinal placements were?

sw10025a
October 29th, 1999, 09:45 PM
The AP article I just read said she swept the judges, so presumably it was all firsts. Now I have to wait to find out what her actual marks were. Sigh. I can't wait for tomorrow.

ellie
October 30th, 1999, 12:54 AM
My two favorite skaters in 1st & 2nd place! I really hope I'm not still in bed & just dreaming this.

skatingfan
October 30th, 1999, 01:19 AM
Yea....., you go girls- Michelle and Sarah. it is great news to wake up to.

Willowdale
October 30th, 1999, 05:48 AM
<font size=3><FONT FACE="Eras Demi ITC"><FONT COLOR="157dec"> I'm </FONT><FONT COLOR="eac117"> SOOOOO </FONT><FONT COLOR="157dec">proud of you! You showed that you are capable to handle both college and skating.* You are truly a champion!! Go Michelle! You're </FONT><FONT COLOR="eac117"> golden </FONT><FONT COLOR="157dec">!!</FONT></FONT>

badhairday
October 30th, 1999, 05:58 AM
Go MICHELLEE!!!! I knew she could do it! :) Sharon: I'm in California too, are you sure it's on at 10:00? It's 1:00 Eastern time, So I thought It would be around 3:00. I think I'll neeed to check <A HREF=http://www.tvguide.com>http://www.tvguide.com</A>

Karin
October 30th, 1999, 06:35 AM
Frank said "that's a first"!!!...from Russian judge??? Wow!!!... sw...U R so funny!!!

Kara
October 30th, 1999, 07:27 AM
Yes!!! Way to go, MICHELLE:0)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear this news! I was a tiny bit worried and to hear that she got a 6.0 from the Russian judge just warms my heart! This is gonna be an awesome performance to see tomorrow. And, btw, I read that tomorrow's broadcast will be of the men and ladies, and the Nov. one will feature dance and pairs. So, we should be seeing BOTH programs TOMORROW! Red Violin....I just can't wait! I'm so excited she's doing the Grand Prix series this season...I missed this kind of competetion. What a great way to start...if she continues to do this well in the LP, it's got to really boost her confidence for the rest of the season. Yeah, I'm pumped:). Go MK.

Karin
October 30th, 1999, 07:54 AM
bp is blood pressure... Thanks...I'm just fine!!!

jkirk
October 30th, 1999, 08:30 AM
I haven't posted for a while because my senior year at college has gotten off to a hectic start. I really respect michelle for doing what she is doing; college is hard enough for me and I only play intramural soccer! I have been reading posts when I was able and of course I have been following Michelle (not literally of course). Anyway it is good to be back... I stayed in the comp lab until it closed at midnight last night and security had to throw me out :) and there were no results. My hands were shaking as I logged onto Heather's page now I feel so happy. I spent the whole of yesterday evening sending positive thoughts to Michelle- I am so proud of her. Now I just have to survive tonight waiting for the LP results (Karin know how you feel). I am really happy for Sarah as well. I Love the feeling of solidarity I experience when I know that all of you are watching and waiting just as I am. Does anyone else feel that sense of comfort and unity from knowing that your MKforum friends are watching Michelle at the same time and feeling much of the same feelings? Jen Live Long and Prosper

Karin
October 30th, 1999, 08:39 AM
I was way too nervous last night... then I logged on MKGA chat... and had a lot of fun joking around!!!...still shaking...but It helped!!! Go MK!!!...Go for the 4th Skate America title tonight!!! We know U can do it!!!

Googoo
October 30th, 1999, 12:51 PM
I really wonder WHAT TIME WILL IT TAKE PLACE TONIGHT? (The ladies LP comp) If it is late again I will just watch it live (biting my nails) and see what happens then! I'm glad that MK is skating near the end! GO MICHELLE!!!!!!! You're #1!!!!!!

sw10025a
October 30th, 1999, 03:46 PM
Googoo, as far as I know, nothing is being televised tonight. The women's LP is scheduled for approximately 9:30 pm Colorado time, which I think is central time, or an hour earlier than west coast time. The USFSA site seems to be a little slow in posting this info, so I'd try reuters, nando, or the other FS boards to see if the results pop up there first. If I recall correctly, the results had shown up on the USFSA site and on this board before 11pm, west coast time, possibly earlier.

sw10025a
October 30th, 1999, 03:52 PM
Colorado Springs is mountain time, not central time. Thought I fixed that before I posted it. Sorry!

MarcellaMichelle
October 30th, 1999, 06:42 PM
Oh you guys I feel so much better knowing that all of you are out there nervously holding your breath with me. I do feel better knowing the short results but I'm still sweating it out. I will stay up to get the results no matter how long it takes. I am in Central time (Texas). The picture of her in the short on the USFSA site is soooo cute!! I wish you all were here so we could have a slumber party waiting for the results!