PDA

View Full Version : MK is 1st!!!

Karin
November 5th, 1999, 04:03 PM
1) Michelle KWAN 2) Jennifer Robinson 3) Julia Soldatova 4) Sebastyen 5) Fontana 6) Rechnio 7) Corwin 8) Currie I am so happy!!!...MK and JR!!!..yeh!!!...two Lori Nichol gals!!! Unfortunately...CTV still hasn't shown ladies yet...But a friend e-mailed me the results!!! Still waiting!!!... I bet JR landed her lutz!!!...yeh!!! See???...didn't I tell you to watch for her???...well...we'll have to wait for the freskate anyway!!! Go MK!!! Good luck in the long program!!!

Sprampt
November 5th, 1999, 04:05 PM
Awesome..... anymore details?

Willowdale
November 5th, 1999, 04:09 PM
Wonderful!!!! Karin, how did you find out that MK won the sp? I've waited and waited, but CTV hasn't showed ladie's short program, yet...... I can't wait to see her sp!!!

Karin
November 5th, 1999, 04:11 PM
Isn't it annoying??? During Jepoardy...CTV commercial said ..."MK at 8:00!!!"...LOL...what the heck is wrong with the coverage??? TorStar listed ladies' for tonight...CTV's own commercial showed ladies...and they're still not showing!!! A friend e-mailed me the info!!!

littleone4eva
November 5th, 1999, 04:13 PM
I want details!

Willowdale
November 5th, 1999, 04:16 PM
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!! Anyway, I'm really relaxed now... ;)

Willowdale
November 5th, 1999, 04:19 PM
CTV hasn't showed ladies' short program yet. I will report everything here right away once CTV shows Michelle's sp!! Love, Willowdale

jkirk
November 5th, 1999, 04:20 PM
Now I can relax. More details anyone? Jumps? scores? Jen

Joshua
November 5th, 1999, 04:24 PM
Karin, thank you so much for the good news. I'll be online again in about an hour. I'm way behind with my homework now that I'm working. And details please!!!!

Karin
November 5th, 1999, 04:28 PM
I can't get in MKGA chat!!!

DKNY Loves MK
November 5th, 1999, 04:32 PM
Wow! I am soooooooooo happy for Jennifer, could it possible mean Jennifer will finish top 10 at Worlds this year. BTW, I am more happy to know Michelle is in first after the sp.

Karin
November 5th, 1999, 05:11 PM
I just saw NET...they showed part of MK's sp...flawless they said!!!

sw10025a
November 5th, 1999, 05:14 PM
I just saw Soldatova's marks on the official SC web page, and they either indicate some sort of fall or stumble or something, they were pretty low, and it wasn't even a secure third place spot, she only had three or four third place ordinals and a couple lower.

Karin
November 5th, 1999, 05:15 PM
MK was flawless according to the Net!!!... Her dress looks different on TV than in the pics!!!... It's really silvery!!!...with the red!!! Very nice!!! CTV will show Ladies' tomorrow at 7:00pm!!! LOL...

Janice
November 5th, 1999, 05:17 PM
Karin - are they saying tomorrow for the LP or tomorrow for both the LP and SP?

Joshua
November 5th, 1999, 05:19 PM
Oh well, tomorrow then.

Karin
November 5th, 1999, 05:21 PM
It was promoted as ladies's sp tonight...but they didn't show them... There are so much discrepancies!!! But anyhow...they "said" it's sp tomorrow at 7:00!!! Hopefully!!!

Gentle
November 5th, 1999, 06:10 PM
HEy i am at the LIve Chat Dolpi..are you guys coming to join me ?!?!

susan ba
November 5th, 1999, 06:28 PM
karin: thanks for the results... and keep us updated on jennifer also. i lived in canada last year and became interested in her skating. i hope she did finally land her lutz cleanly. i saw her two footed that jump a bunch of times last year. don't you think she has a nice dance like gracefullyness about her? is she still being coached by richard callighan? lori nichol's choereography suites jennifer.

kwanette
November 5th, 1999, 07:27 PM
Just got home...my friend was on the answering machine to give me the results. I am thrilled...Go Michelle!

littleone4eva
November 5th, 1999, 08:47 PM
hhhmmm... Possible she might have been jet-legged and her technique wasn't as great as it usually is, but she still landed the jumps... 5.5 or 5.6 and 5.7 for Michelle with a "normal" clean program just doesn't sound right, though. I guess we'll see for ourselves on the 21st (I think) or until we get more detailed reports. OOPS... wrong thread, I meant to put this on the "Did Michelle fall" thread.