PDA

View Full Version : Michelle's first day at Nats 2000! Plus others!

Buffy
February 9th, 2000, 11:32 AM
Michelle is here today-YIPEEEEEE!!!! Her morning practice was spectacular! It was the sp practice and she did a fabulous run through. She was even practicing some for the lp at this practice and landed a lovely 3/3! Everything was very solid this morning. BTW, she is sticking with the 3toe in the short, not the flip. I got to sit center ice in the front row in the main arena!! Michelle smiled right at me! I got some good pics, too - or at least I hope they are good! The LP afternoon practice wasn't quite as great as the morning practice. She is doing TRV! She had a few falls, even one during the run through - I am not sure on which jump she fell, the coaches were in the way, so I couldn't see from where I was. She doubled the second jump of the 3/3. She did land it once while practicing, but it wasn't great! All in all, I think she looks pretty solid. NNN is here today as well, she looked fabulous! Great speed! She does have her 3lutz and it looked pretty darn good! She kept missing one of her jump/spin combos, though. Her 2Axel has looked spectaculor! Hughes was great this morning in the sp practice, just as solid as yesterday. In the afternoon lp practice she was pretty shaky, falling quite a few times and having shaky landings. Sasha looks really good. Her speed isn't up to par with the other top ladies, but her programs are both beautiful and her jumps look really nice and she does have a 3Lutz. From what I have seen, I am guessing she will need a little bit of help to make it to the top 3. Not a lot of help, but a little! Remember, that is just my guess, though! Angela looked outstanding! She had two extremely solid practices today. Both programs look great and her jumps were as good as I have ever seen them. She looks very comfortable here, but still not much interaction with the audience while she skates and no smiles. Keep an eye on Deanna Stellato, she has looked great the past two days. She had a couple of mistakes in her lp practice, but all in all, I have been extremely impressed! Cohen Duncan has had horrible practices, especially the lp practice. I think I saw her land only 2 or 3 jumps the whole practice. Susan Ng has had a pretty tough day as well - a lot of falls. She sat right in front of me on the shuttle bus today! I must say that I just love Sara Wheat! She hasn't had great practices but she just oooozes potential! She looks so adorable on the ice! Paul Binnebose was on one of my shuttle bus rides! He seemed to really enjoy talking about his injury and recovery! He said that Laura was not looking for another partner right now and that he had been on the ice. He said he had been doing a waltz jump. But, it doesn't really sound like he will be competing anymore - but I guess you never know! He was showing his scars to Brittney McConn! Well, that is what I have seen so far today! I am about to head over to the arena for the Pairs SP! Go Tiffany and Johnnie, who I also saw on the shuttle bus today! They seem so sweet! I will post again later tonight!

skateguru
February 9th, 2000, 11:59 AM
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that she's sticking with The Red Violin. Ican't wait to see it in it's completion. Thanks so much Buffy.

Beth2000
February 9th, 2000, 12:06 PM
Thanks Buffy. Wow how many people do we have there that is keeping an eye on MK and others? Have you met any of the other Kwan Fans. I think Heather is there. Keep us posted.

MichelleFANnumber1
February 9th, 2000, 12:37 PM
I wonder which jump Michelle was falling on...I hope its still not the 3loop! Oh well, I am sure she will be fine...

sw10025
February 9th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Buffy, just out of curiosity, we may be able to figure out which jump she fell on if you can remember anything else about it. Do you remember which jump it was? The third? The last? Do you remember what section of the music was playing? Do you remember what portion of the ice she was using at the time? (i.e. assuming she started facing you -- the judging side, was she on the left end of the rink, the right, the back middle?) This is just idle curiosity. I'm wondering if she's still having problems with the 3loop.

skatingfan
February 9th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Buffy, thanks for the report. If you have a chance to talk to MK, plese tell her that we love her. I like Susan Ng a lot, sad to hear she is having problems. If you have a chance to talk to her, would you please tell her good luck. Thanks.

Deetlebug
February 9th, 2000, 02:09 PM
Thanks Buffy for the report. You have no idea how much of a livesaver you are. ;-) Now, just two things.... 1. Don't worry about Michelle's falls in practice. She's a "gamer" and always pulls it together when it counts. Plus, this was her first full day here, after having just arrived from California. I'll be VERY interested to hear how she does tomorrow in practice. 2. Can you tell us how her 3-loop looks? Has she landed any of them. This jump seems to be giving her fits this season. Thanks again.

gouldy
February 9th, 2000, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icare
February 9th, 2000, 03:57 PM
Thank you Buffy! Keep on reporting and have a good time!!

sw10025
February 9th, 2000, 04:52 PM
I'm not worried, I was just wondering if she was possibly still having the 3 loop problems!

Heather
February 9th, 2000, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the report! Beth-I'm not there, honest! :) I really wish I was, but I'm not.

Karin
February 10th, 2000, 10:54 AM
I wonder if it's the timing that's throwing her 3loop off... BUT I'm crossing my fingers that MK will land it!!!

MichelleFANnumber1
February 10th, 2000, 11:48 AM
In Heather's 2000 nationals page,(under the daily reports), it says that on michelles practice run-through of TRV she doubled the 2nd part of her 3/3, fell on the 3loop, and popped her 2nd lutz. I knew it was the loop!