PDA

View Full Version : MK had a fall:-(!!!

AYS
February 11th, 2000, 02:37 PM
<A HREF=http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=Kwan&c=news_photos>http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=Kwan&c=news_photos</A>

AYS
February 11th, 2000, 02:38 PM
OHHHH NOOOO

SkateFan007
February 11th, 2000, 02:39 PM
AAHHHHHHH!!

DianeO
February 11th, 2000, 02:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

dmm
February 11th, 2000, 02:40 PM
standings!! what are the standings!!! what was this?? combo? triple? DA??

Brian
AHHHHHH

kwanette
Oh, my God.....I am in shock!!!!!!!!

Jahmal
February 11th, 2000, 02:41 PM
NO,, Not Michelle!! I hope it wasn't on the combination. So long as she's int he top 3 it will be fine. I love u Michelle

MarcellaMichelle
February 11th, 2000, 02:41 PM
Darn--and I was worried about the long!!

Lara F
February 11th, 2000, 02:44 PM
No!!!! I really hope it was the flip...chances are the judges will be lenient on that. If it was the combo, axel or toe...ack!

KristiDrop
February 11th, 2000, 02:45 PM
Behind Sasha and Sarah

Jahmal
February 11th, 2000, 02:47 PM
OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE THIS.. Who's Sasha? and Sara? Oh God tell me this is a nightmare I'm having. The good thing is that she's in the top 3 and when she wins the long program she will be the Champion again. She's in the top 3 and it's all what counts.

Schmeck
February 11th, 2000, 02:48 PM
Sasha Cohen and Sarah Hughes

MarcellaMichelle
February 11th, 2000, 02:48 PM
3rd is OK. She must have had very good presentation marks to stay ahead of Angela who I read skated clean.

MichelleFANnumber1
February 11th, 2000, 02:49 PM
Im pretty sure it was the 2axel she fell on. It looks as though she is in the middle of the ice, and thats the fall she usually takes on the double axel. And if it was the 3toe, WOW!!!!!!! .......

AYS
February 11th, 2000, 02:49 PM
She has *got* to be relieved to be in third after a fall in the short. Whew!

MichelleFANnumber1
February 11th, 2000, 02:50 PM
SHE FELL ON THE 3TOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lara F
February 11th, 2000, 02:51 PM
Just checked SkateForum...it was the toe! Double argh.

Karin
February 11th, 2000, 02:53 PM
Oh my!!!

Cole50
February 11th, 2000, 02:53 PM
That at Skate Canada Michelle had a little trouble with the toe...hmmmm... She is going to fight till the end, we know that, right? And she'll put up a super strong fight for the long. Hey maybe it is a changing....she usually misses something in the long, not the short...so she is switching these around this time. GO MICHELLE! ALL THE WAY, CLEAN in the LONG! :)

dreamr
February 11th, 2000, 02:55 PM
Her toe is her best jump darn it!

MichelleFANnumber1
Michelle must feel terrible, look at her face on the picture(she looks shocked to death).:(((

lavender
How did sasha place ahead of sarah. Did she have some mistakes?

AngelB
February 11th, 2000, 02:56 PM
Being in 3rd isn't bad. 4th would be a problem, but not 3rd. Go Michelle in the long!

aries2
February 11th, 2000, 03:00 PM
I'm getting flashes of '97!...I am sure she'll come thru at the end..this must be some pressure on saha and sarah, can they stand the pressure?

Maeve
February 11th, 2000, 03:00 PM
Guys, we just have to remember that at this point it doesn't matter if she's 1st, 2nd OR 3rd... She's on equal footing with Sasha & Sarah for the LP... {Besides, I'm so glad that Sasha & Sarah did well that it's kinda hard to feel sorry for MK!)

sw10025
February 11th, 2000, 03:05 PM
A slam dunk would have been great, but as long as she's top 3, that's all that matters. She can still retain her title. As for whether she was held up over Nikodinov, bear in mind that while Angela supposedly skated cleanly, she did skate first, which naturally held down her marks, and while she supposedly skated cleanly, she does skate slower than some, her footwork isn't particularly crisp and energizing, and her presentation is pretty wooden. She's not nearly as compelling as the ladies in the top 3.

lavender
February 11th, 2000, 03:05 PM
Reminds me more of worlds? She messed of in the short but won the long. Let's hope so.

dreamr
February 11th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Nationals 97' or Worlds 99' darn it again! Maybe this is a blessing in disguise! Think about it, in the long she will want to ATTACK the 3toe/3toe just to prove that she can land the toe!!! Come on Michelle!! You can do it! I know you can!

Sharon
February 11th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Maybe she was thinking of doing the flip and decided at the last minute to do the toe, which caused her to fall? Or maybe she just lost focus?Anyway...I am SO nervous for tomorrow! GO MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mousee17
February 11th, 2000, 03:13 PM
What's happeing to Michelle? She hasn't had this low a standing since what, like 93? I thought the toe was her best jump! She could do those in her sleep!! :( Now I'm really worried....:(

chippy4mk
February 11th, 2000, 03:20 PM
I thought I was going to lose my dinner! This year is an experimental as Frank said. I still believe that she can balance schooling and skating but those pro-am things must go next year.

HeatherV23
February 11th, 2000, 03:22 PM
It looks like the fall truly surpised her-- but look at how she was on the ground-- seems like she had a strange sort of fall--not just the "edge slipped out" kind. I'm not looking foward to teh Michelle detractors saying how she didn't deserve her placement...but that's life. -Heather :-)

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 03:56 PM
Everytime I'm not nervous, she falls. I haven't felt nervous all week. Everytime I feel like I'm going to hurl, she is great. I now feel like I'm going to hurl.

kwanette
February 11th, 2000, 04:42 PM
way, I had a feeling....ok, not making sense......but she has an even shot at the title with S and S!!!!!!

susan ba
February 11th, 2000, 05:14 PM
ok everybody, just hang on and let's not make this doom's day

april
February 11th, 2000, 06:07 PM
She didn't look good going into 3toe like she wasn't really focused. In her interview she said she took it for granted. Her 3lutz/2toe was great so I think she was too relaxed going into the 3toe.

april
February 11th, 2000, 06:09 PM
I hope MK attacks her long program tomorrow! Good luck, Michelle!

IzzyS
February 11th, 2000, 06:18 PM
All I can say is, thanx all you pals in cyberspace. I ran here as fast as I could after the competition ended. I'm just glad there are others out there to "talk" to. I feel better already, hearing all of your positive comments. She definitely didn't have her usual spark, IMO, but I'm glad the judges still gave her high presentation marks. And I agree with them that Sasha was by far the best of the group. Tomorrow's another day, and RV is going to be a spectacular performance. Thx for listening.

Buffy
February 11th, 2000, 06:19 PM
I know it surprises some that Sasha is ahead of Sarah since they both skated cleanly. What did Dick and Peggy say about it???? Sasha was the only one the crowd gave a standing ovation for, and it seemed to take some of the spark out of Sarah's program. Someone please let me know what Dick and Peggy thought!!!!

kwanette
February 11th, 2000, 06:24 PM
Sasha Cohen was breathtaking. Like a little ballerina...just perfect....I though Sarah's presentation marks were too high and also too low. no way was she a 5.9, but then again, she wasn't a 5.4....more a 5.6-5.7 IMO....Sasha's positions are extraordinary.......I liked her interview, her reactions....her praise of Michelle. She appears to have class. Sarah should have been interviewed and the show should have been longer. Not impressed at all by either Stellato or Pensgren.

AYS
February 11th, 2000, 06:28 PM
Buffy- Dick and Peggy were raving about both Sasha and Sarah during their performances. After Sarah finished, Dick said something to the effect of, he wouldn't blame the judges for whichever places he had the two of them (meaning 1st or 2nd, obviously)

Googoo
February 11th, 2000, 06:28 PM
I KNOW! I was watching, I was SO nervous and when she landed the 3lz/2toe I was like ok great and relaxed. Then she fell on the 3 toe! I WAS SO SHOCKED! Well at least she is in third! 4th would be a serious problem! GO MK! WE LOVE YOU! ATTACK!!!!!

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 06:30 PM
I agree whole heartedly Kwanette. I cannot see anything but a 5.6-5.7 presentation for Sarah. Sasha getting a 5.9 is ok. Although, I wouldn't give her a "Michelle 5.9" Why do the scores bother me? The placements were fine, I shouldn't care so much about the scores. It's a diffucult one for me to get over. I can see Sasha really going to the top. NNN doesn't seem to have a handle on her jumps. Next year will be very interesting.

brandy101
February 11th, 2000, 06:38 PM
Ok, this is just a cute thing for all of you worry warts out there, like my :). Just think this through and you will feel much better. Here goes : "Wake up and drive a chevy... Michelle Kwan is.... HUMAN!" It's ok for her to fall, and next, she would not have the pressure of defending, she will be attacking. Remember, she got her wings clipped on extra-tight for tomorrow night!

Kara
February 11th, 2000, 06:40 PM
boo-hoo, i'm so sad:(. i'm so sick of this...poor michelle...she LOOKED sick watching s and s:(. she looked a bit more "up" in the interview, so i hope that means she's ready to attack the lp. i'm probably being a pessimist, but i'd be surprised if she skates clean. i don't know, i don't want to think that, but i just don't feel confident about it. she's gonna be angry, so that may help, but i think she might be scared realizing how close she is to being a bronze-medalist. i know, i'm kinda hitting the panic button. of course, i will love her no matter what, but i want a good clean win for her in a big competition for a change! i can relate to the feeling of "I'M GONNA HURL!"...i can just see her with a bronze or something:(. and i know top three is what she needs score-wise, but FAR from what she needs mentally!!! (unless she uses her anger and *attacks* - please do that mk!) earlier, i could really imagine her doing well, but then i was getting this feeling that she'd crack in the short. just the pressure - it's huge for the sp bcz a mistake is a big deduction...and bcz of school she's just not as prepared. i'm surprised by her comment that she took the toe for granted! she looked nervous as heck to me and maybe even thinking about the toe/flip controversy...i just don't imagine mk thinking she's got it made or something...she looked quite nervous and justifiably so. okay, i'm rambling, please forgive me. i have to agree with izzy that i really wanted to get right on here and talk to everyone...the mk family makes me feel better:). let's all pray hard:) for tomorrow. sorry if i brought anyone down with my lamentations, here. we love you michelle:0)! p.s.) i was so pleased to see that sasha seemed very humble. she deserved 1st place. but, **good gracious**, did anyone notice the MAJOR FLUTZES BY S AND S, among others?? dick and peggy should point that out next time they want to compare things mk does with the others...how 'bout those edges, dick? what, no comment? isn't it all about jumping these days:P?

Buffy
February 11th, 2000, 06:50 PM
YES! Particularly Sarah's flutz, I have noticed it all week. When will judges start deducting for this? Would they give the same mark for some one who replaced their axel with a toe?!!! Then WHY would they give the same mark for a flip instead of a lutz???????!!!!

Beth2000
February 11th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Okay like y'all this was the first place I ran to. I was just as shocked as everyone else about Michelle falling. Unbelieveable. As for S and S they did fine, but I am like Rene and Kwanette I really don't think they deserved 5.9's. I could see 5.6-5.8's but not 5.9's! I was wondering the samething about the flutzes. Why did they have such a high kick? And no Dick and Peggy didn't make any kind of comments about it either. This does remind you of 97, but there is a difference and that is Michelle is in 3rd not 4th. If she had been in 4th then the only place she could hope for would be 2nd. Being in 3rd they all start off on equal footing or should I say skating? I really do believe Michelle will attack all of her jumps tomorrow night for the lp. How do I think that S and S will do. Probably won't hold up like Michelle will. I still do believe in Michelle and I truly believe that she will win the title.

muri
February 11th, 2000, 06:59 PM
because first the judges are starting with a technical base mark of 5.8 in the sp because MK does not have a harder triple that a 3t. The majority of judges have been doing this all season. Then it's 0.4 mandatory deduction for the fall. The presentaton marks I don't agree with because MK's program was very jazzy & had a lot of spark & she remains untouched in presentation.