PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad that Michelle fell. . .

KristiDrop
February 11th, 2000, 03:23 PM
in the SP NOW. Don't get me wrong, part of me is heartbroken, but I'd much rather have a fall come now instead of her performing perfectly in the SP only to suddenly falter in the LP. Now that she's fallen, I don't know, for some reason I'm more relaxed about Saturday. Anyone else feel the same way?

littleone4eva
February 11th, 2000, 03:29 PM
Sorta like it's outta of the way? I know what you mean, but you never know!

dreamr
February 11th, 2000, 03:29 PM
During the GPF, when Michelle was first after the short, I was a nervous reck for the Long. It was her competition to lose. For this, now that she is 3rd, she is going to have to fight for it! If I know Michelle's skating, she really does best when she's coming from behind! She knows now that she is not a lock to win anymore. She will probably "attack and not Defend"

annabelle
February 11th, 2000, 03:33 PM
michelle is gonna go out there tomorrow and give it 110% cause what does have to lose now????? lets see how the youngsters handle the pressure....

Shallah
February 11th, 2000, 03:34 PM
I don't know if this is good in the long run or not. I hope she can keep her spirits up and Attack!! her long program. And better here than at worlds.....

Karin
February 11th, 2000, 03:37 PM
Now...MK might just realize that not even her play-it-safe-jump is a 100% security jump!!! MK was a "mushy cookie" in the sp...let's see some crunch in the lp!!!

jenjay
February 11th, 2000, 03:52 PM
I agree that it's good that she fell, but for a diffrent reason. I just read a news article in which she said that she was relaxed and confident going into this competition. I also read (in another article) that she was a bit late getting to Cleveland because of mid-terms. Maybe she's too relaxed. Maybe this was the jolt she needed to get back her competitive edge! And maybe the realization that college and and her show and competition schedual just don't mix. Let's pray that she'll get it together and wow 'em in the LP!!!!! After all it's better that she fall in the short than the long...or God forbid the Worlds!

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 04:01 PM
No offense to anyone: I AM NOT GLAD THAT SHE FELL.

kwanette
February 11th, 2000, 04:11 PM
I am never glad when she falls, loses, etc. I want it for her, for selfish me, and from the sounds of it for Renee, too. Nuff said........

brandy101
February 11th, 2000, 04:15 PM
Thanks to you guys, i feel much better, and ITA about everything said! Maybe this is kind of a wake up call, or a message/ sign that she should take things more seriously and not underastimate the power of our newcomers. I think this is kind of a falshback of 1997, but she has her "wings" back for good :). She can definatley pull this one off! GO MICHELLE!

KristiDrop
February 11th, 2000, 04:21 PM
As the saying goes, "What does not kill you, makes you stronger." Perhaps that's taking it to the extreme, but I really feel that this fall is going to help fire her up for the long program. Either way, I hope she goes out there and nails TRV.

Googoo
February 11th, 2000, 06:19 PM
I'm not glad MK fell. I was so shocked! It jarred me bad. But at least she is in 3rd not 4th place and your comments do cheer me up some! :)

BeezerB
February 11th, 2000, 06:32 PM
I am glad she fell...this will make her mad enough to go out there and win tomorrow. I'm very relaxed because she's in third---anyone in the top three can win on their own--she just has to take the LP---which is what she would have to do even if she was sitting in first---so in other words whether she is 1st , 2nd or 3rd right now, it's irrelevant, RIGHT? Whoever is in the top three that wins the LP, wins the whole kit and kaboodle!! Go for #4 Michelle!!

Beth2000
February 11th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Sorry but I am with Rene and Kwanette on this one. I am not happy at all that she fell. Does she have that fight look in her eyes? Yes! I do believe that she will attack everything tomorrow night! I am going to have to hurry up and get back b/c I have some grocery shopping to do. What a night for grocery shopping to fall on! Uggggggh! Beth is not happy with this.

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Do you think so Beth? I can't tell if she has "fight" in her eyes. I was trying to "read" her, but I couldn't. I know she has a "I don't like being in 3rd look" and a tired look.

Kara
February 11th, 2000, 06:54 PM
I agree, she sure did look unhappy to be in third and also looked sleepy. I'm not sure beyond that. It's either, "This is bull. I'm sick of it and this will not happen again bcz... a)I'm fighting harder, or b)I've had enough. I need to rethink my future." PLEASE be a! I was glad to see she remained serious when the camera showed her, she didn't feel the need to grin or anything. She was pi$$ed and had the same look on her face that I did. I felt as sick as she looked. She seemed to handle it in the interview, though. Get up and fight Michelle, you know you can do it and so do we:0)!!! Please don't get scared and give up...fight to give the performance of your season! We lovey youey, Michelley:)!