PDA

View Full Version : I HOPE MICHELLE LOSES

iceangelic
February 11th, 2000, 06:27 PM
LIKE I SAID I HOPE SHE LOSES ALL MAJOR COMPETITIONS AND ONE DAY AND WAKE UP AND WIN THE GOLD AND RUN AWAY WITH IT.

pentelHB
February 11th, 2000, 06:28 PM
Why?

Googoo
February 11th, 2000, 06:29 PM
Um can we not bash?

MichelleFANnumber1
February 11th, 2000, 06:30 PM
Whoa...this looks like its gonna get ugly!

kwanette
February 11th, 2000, 06:30 PM
Would a true Kwanophile ever want her to lose?????

Beth2000
February 11th, 2000, 06:33 PM
That won't ever happen with Michelle losing all the time. She is to good for that. She will win the gold in 2002, you just wait and see.

KWB
February 11th, 2000, 06:35 PM
pentelHB,You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 06:37 PM
I really don't think you're bashing, but that's a very bizarre attitude. Apparently Michelle's goal is NOT to win an Olympic Gold medal(although it would be nice). She wants to be a legend, (and so do I) and leave an incredible mark on skating. She wants to be remembered for her joy and love of the sport, meaningful programs and touching people, for what she brought to the sport and how she influenced it, amoung other things. Losing all her comps and winning ONE competiton wouldn't really seem like winning to Michelle, after all(I know, I'm just guessing by what she's said in interviews)

dmm
February 11th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Actually, what I think original poster is trying to say is that he/she is hoping Michelle loses everything so people will get off her back and take the incredibly intense pressure off her shoulders so she doesn't have to live up to these unrealistic expectations of having to win all the time. That way she can go into the Olympics and blow everyone away with a perfect skate to win the Olympics. I don't think the poster was intending to bash at all. Just lost a little something in the translation from speech to print. :-)

Jahmal
February 11th, 2000, 06:53 PM
I just found this forum and think it's great and much better than that dictator at fsworld.com. Michelle may indeed lose tomorrow but I don't see it happeneing... Go Michelle

Polo1882
February 11th, 2000, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just cynical or something, but remember, figure skating is a SPORT. All this fluff about Michelle seeking something higher and grander above the ice and opening portals to heaven is getting unrealistic...she knows waaaaay better than that. OF COURSE, she wants to win gold in 2002. I don't get this bull about just wanting to enjoy the Olympic experience no matter what the placement...if she wanted to do this, she'd go as a spectator. Winning gold will, in turn, establish her as a legend. I mean, I understand the bit about wanting to emulate Janet Lynn, who never won an Olympic or World medal (HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I HEARD THIS...), but she *WANTS* to be on that list with Tenley, Carol, Peggy, Dorothy, Kristi, and Tara. It all comes down to what happens on the ice. If she wants it badly enough, then she will just have to start attacking these programs. She'll train those triple-triples to perfection. Et al, etc. That said, I wish her the best in her free skate...SHOW SOME SPARK!!

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 10:00 PM
Then I guess you think Michelle is a liar. She said in one of her latest interviews that the Gold Medal is not her only goal anymore. She could train for 4 years for 6 1/2 mins and then not win. But that she wants to be a legend. Nobody said it wasn't a sport and I've said several times that she DOES NOT LIKE TO LOSE. Of course she wants to win. That's the point. I don't think she would be happy losing every competition, just to win one.

badhairday
February 11th, 2000, 10:35 PM
Darn.. I hope Michelle does good tomorrow.... man, this really brought me down... i was all into doing my homework an all, and decided to check out how things are doing.. boy am i depress.. but happy for sacha and sarah...

Karin
February 12th, 2000, 04:46 AM
I know what you're saying!!! That's how I'm thinking!!! BUT LOL "run away"??? :-p It will take the focus and attention off her...diverge the pressure!!! :-) But I wouldn't use the word "lose"...

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 08:14 AM
I just don't get that thinking. She didn't win in '97, she didn't win in Nagano, she didn't win in Helsinki, she didn't win GPF in 2000. Why would "losing" another big competition help anything at all? What would be the difference between those comp and this one?

iceangelic
February 12th, 2000, 08:14 AM
Thanks Dmm. I couldnt express myself, but you did a pretty darn good job at reading my mind.

muri
February 12th, 2000, 08:41 AM
but can we for a moment think of MK the PERSON and not MK the COMPETITOR? I do so want her to win gold in Salt Lake but what will losing every competition from now till 2002 do to Michelle the person? Can you also see my point, even if you don't agree? And I believe more than winning oly gold in 2002, MK wants to skate the skate of her life & whatever placement she gets will be up to the political judges. She wants to look back with no regrets like she said in the interview on the beach. And I want that for her. And by the way some of the gold medalist mentioned above are a disgrace to the sport IMO, with there sloppy & unsinspired programs, so MK should not be in a hurry to get on that list! Since she can begin a new list of her own since she is in a class of her own!

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 08:45 AM
Thanks for that post, I've been ranting about this for 12 hours and you said it so well, I can give it up! My fingers are tired from gardening and typing anyway.

Sophie
February 12th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Win or lose Michelle Kwan is a wonderful skater. She has lost some big competitions but she also has been skating at this level longer than most of the other woman skaters. Just like any other sport - you can't win every competition or game. Neither will Irina, Sasha, Maria or Sara. It's really quite amazing to see what this 19 year old has accomplished and she is more consistant and has proven herself year after year as one of the top skaters.