PDA

View Full Version : Review of Michelle's Short

pentelHB
February 11th, 2000, 05:43 PM
Ok, Michelle was pretty good. Dick commented that the layback was much improved and then Peggy pointed out that it could be faster, and to watch for Sarah Hughes. Her lutz-toe combo was "easy" to quote Peggy, and it was quite big. Anyway, onto the triple toe. I thought she had it. But near the end of the jump, her legs weren't as tightly held, and when her foot came down, it was at too much of an outside edge. The boot touched the ice even, and she of course fell. Near the end, Dick and Peggy commented about how this program was faster than it was at other championships this season. At the end, after Michelle did her death drop, Dick said, "Well, that was a listless death drop." or something to that effect. I posted this in spoilers just in case people don't want to know. I'm on the west coast, but i have satellite. Heh heh. ANyway, this was my first review, so i hope i did ok.

Karin
February 11th, 2000, 05:46 PM
I'm getting the play by plays from MKGA chat... I think Peggy is right!!!...Mk's spins are slower...and I'm sure MK listens!!!

MichelleFANnumber1
February 11th, 2000, 06:14 PM
I don't understand what Dick Button meant by that "listless deathdrop" comment. I never get his comments...

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 06:19 PM
It looked a little listless. Not the usual snap. Of course it wasn't the "usual" sp for Michelle, I'm sure it took a little of the wind out of her sails.

kwanette
February 11th, 2000, 06:19 PM
usually it's done with more energy......I think MK looked tired..her face just looked almost sallow to me....I felt bad for her, but I am proud of me...I didn't cry.....

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 06:25 PM
Did you see those dark circles under her eyes? Poor baby! I know she has perspective and all but I don't think she likes to come in anything but 1st! That's ok, it's a tough year for her.

muri
February 11th, 2000, 07:08 PM
two face MK. Her sp was light, jazzy, playful & had a lot of spark!!! I loved it & I treasure it, fall & all because it is not always MK lets go like that. I mean I truly loved her presentation on this program. Well done MK! And may Jesus help her tomorrow night to give of herself like only she can.

Rene
February 11th, 2000, 10:07 PM
I thought she looked very relaxed. She didnot look like she was nervous or had a "meltdown". It was just one of those things. I like ADITL too. What do you mean by "two face"?

Beth2000
February 12th, 2000, 04:02 AM
I thought her program looked great! You have to ignore Dick Button, he never has anything nice to say about any skater! If there was a way to turn his voice off and still listen to the music and watch the skaters I would do it. I am sorry but Dick Button gets on my nerves. Like he could go out there and do better. It has been how many years since he has been on the ice? Give me a break! I just hope MK never hears the way Dick Button talks about her. I do like listening to Peggy Flemming, she always has something nice to say about all the skaters even when they fall she is saying something nice about their programs.

Karin
February 12th, 2000, 04:19 AM
When Button said listless...doesn't he mean that it's secure???...not wobbling back and forth??? Anywayzzz...I wouldn't know because I didn't get to watch the sp!!! :-( Beth...Button isn't my fave commentator either...but after his criticism on MK turn-out (lack of actually) last year...she corrected it for this season!!! If it will benefit her...why not listen, right??? :-)

AYS
February 12th, 2000, 04:43 AM
No, listless means languid, spiritless, or indifferent. That's a bit harsh, but some who were there felt that Michelle was a little deflated from the time of the fall on (kind of hard for me to tell), so maybe that's what Dick was responding to.

Beth2000
February 12th, 2000, 06:50 AM
Karin you're right she did correct it from listening to Dick Button, but man can he slam her something awlful. It drives me nuts! It isn't just MK it is also watching any other skater like MB or IS and he always says something negative about them. How do these skaters keep going while in the back of their minds they know Dick Button is slamming them?

muri
February 12th, 2000, 06:55 AM
is what D Button is doing. Because MK fell & S & S didn't he is raving about them & is suddenly looking down his nose at MK. My admiration of MK does not depend on whether she is perfect or someone is better. My admiration of MK perseveres because MK perseveres. I mean she did not give up after the fall, yes she was surprised but she went on smiling coordinating arms & feet at the same speed that she begun. Button is a two face butt kisser & to treat MK like yesterday's news because something young & fickle has skated by makes me want to hit the mute button on my remote! Critiquing is one thing but not every thing he says is constructive criticism.