Jahmal
February 12th, 2000, 05:48 PM
YES BABY

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 05:49 PM
Jahmalm is this official????????

Jahmal
February 12th, 2000, 05:50 PM
YES!!! Michelle Won!!! Niomi Nari Nam is falling apart. MICHELLE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 05:50 PM
AND THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP!!!!!!!

powerziggy
February 12th, 2000, 05:52 PM
Michelle Won! Oh My! I keep biting my nails when I was watching the whole. It was definitely not the best program of hers, but boy look at her being so determined. Sasha was really good, but I think she have double-footed one of the triple luz. Could someone confirm that??

Jahmal
February 12th, 2000, 05:53 PM
This is so sweet.. Michelle Repeat but now she has to regroup for the world Championships. So sad for Nari Nam because she's falling apart.. 1: Michelle 2: Sarah 3: Sasha I'm not sure about 2 and 3 but I know that Michelle Won

powerziggy
February 12th, 2000, 05:56 PM
Sasha is in 2nd place and Sarah is in 3rd.

Joshua
February 12th, 2000, 06:03 PM
Oh my God. My heart was pounding so much. Luckily it hasn't aired yet or I probably might have a heart attack. I'm just so thrilled for our 4 time National Champ. Yes! Now it's time for Michelle to get ready for Worlds. With Irina being as consistent as she is right now, Michelle will definitely need to fix that 3loop and go for the 3toe-3toe....but tonight, why it's quite alright to celebrate!

chippy4mk
February 12th, 2000, 06:09 PM
I've been crying since Sasha placed 2nd because all my tensions got loose to find out Michelle WON! You know, like Audrey Weisiger was crying after Michael won. Phew~ I can finally relax that Michelle is once again CHAMPION. I think judges marked very conservatively for Sasha "just in case NNN skate like last year" which did not happen this year.

Googoo
February 12th, 2000, 06:11 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I was so happy! I was sooo nervous watching it. Almost couldn't look!

kwanette
February 12th, 2000, 06:13 PM
I am spent! I was a mess and the meatballs from dinner met up with the entire box of truffles I opened last night and finished before the competition......ok, it wasn't her best, but she fought every inch of the way....Did her hair bother her last night? Must have. I am so relieved...on to Worlds, Michelle and Sarah! And win Jr. Worlds, Sasha!

Beth2000
February 12th, 2000, 06:16 PM
Googoo I was the same way. Very nervous for Michelle. I just knew that Michelle would win b/c Sasha has to still medal at Junior World's, and the judges knew they couldn't send her as National Champion. I was proud of Michelle, but did ya hear her say "I have to up the ante, I have to have a 3/3 or maybe even two 3/3's." She knows.

mano
February 12th, 2000, 06:19 PM
BIG SMILE, ear-to-ear from me. Michelle YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm so happy for her!!!

powerziggy
February 12th, 2000, 06:22 PM
Michelle looks stressed out to me. I hope she appreciates her win, takes things easy and just enjoys her moment on the podium. She deserves the win, and I couldn't be happier for her.

Kara
February 12th, 2000, 06:22 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!!! That was too much!! I can't take this stress!! Unbelievable. Wow, way to go, MK:0)! She sure hung on with all she could. I was a wreck, I'm still not "unnervous" yet. I was praying and praying...thank you Lord:)! Did anyone else LOVE her hair:)? I screamed when I saw it...she looked so cute, like a little girl, like her old self with the bangs pulled back. I was like "That's our Michelle!" That somehow made me feel so much better going into it...made me feel warm and happy:). And she looked serious, but determined, not hopeless. Oh, thank God she won...she deserved it, too. What a great team we have for Worlds. Must end with an exclamation:)...I love you, Michelle!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

sw10025a
February 12th, 2000, 06:24 PM
The judges definitely *did not* hold Sasha's marks down in case NNN skated the program of her life. NNN was in fifth place after the SP, she has skated poorly all season and according to the broadcast, her practices all week have been terrible. Even if she skated the program of her life, she was too far behind to overtake Sasha (in 1st place) and probably Hughes and Kwan once they skated and laid down respectable if not brilliant programs. If her marks were low it was because (1) I don't believe she skated as quickly as most of the other top ladies; (2) she did make several small errors, in addition to the fall; (3) some of the judges may have been holding down her marks for Hughes' benefit, after all, since Sarah *was* the only lady who successfully did a 3-3 combo.

kuchana
February 12th, 2000, 06:29 PM
OHMYGOSH!!!~ MICHELE WON???!!~ I thought for sure she'd lose with that fall on the triple loop and a shaky landing on the triple toe...*whew* *sigh of relief* I am so happy!~ I was crossing my fingers throughout the whole thing and my heart was pounding so hard!!~ And my fingerse are trembling even now as we speak as I'm typing this!!~:) OHMGOSH!!~ I'm so happy for her!~ 4 TIME NAT'L CHAMP!!~:) GO MICHELE!~~

iceangelic
February 12th, 2000, 06:33 PM
Oh my goodness, just before MK started skating, my legs started shaking so bad. Overall, I am very happy to see MK leading the next generation skaters. And I am so glad they were all so very mature on and off the ice. The gold is still Michelle in 2002. I hope she keeps believing in herself 'cause right now, she is by far, the most consistent female skater.

mahusay
February 12th, 2000, 06:35 PM
I live in the west coast but I can't help myself. I just came in, we had dinner in a very nice chinese restaurant. I need to know before it start coz' in a way I 've already celebrated. THANKS!

blizzard
February 12th, 2000, 06:49 PM
YEAH!!!!! It's going to air in like an hour so i just had to go on the net and found out phew. I might have caused myself to have a heart attack in anticipation.