PDA

View Full Version : SASHA FELL ..MICHELLE WON!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jahmal
February 12th, 2000, 05:44 PM
Michelle Won

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 05:46 PM
Is this official or just what you think?

vive_la_reine
February 12th, 2000, 05:46 PM
Are sasha's scores up yet!!!

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 05:47 PM
is this for real, what are the scores?

Jahmal
February 12th, 2000, 05:47 PM
I'm watching it live... Official scores are coming up now.. It's Official;; Tech: 5.4-5.8 Pres: 5.7-5.8 MICHELLE IS THE CHAMPION AGAIN

3axel
February 12th, 2000, 05:51 PM
I luv ya, Jahmal, for the GRRREEATTT news! Whew!! and also for saving me from having a heart attack.

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 05:53 PM
I had 4 heart attacks.

Beth2000
February 12th, 2000, 06:28 PM
y'all I had a hard time watching even my husband would close his eyes and say I can't watch her! After watching Sasha fall I knew that Michelle had FIRST PLACE! YESSSSSSsssssss! Beth is doing one heck of a happy dance!:)

sw10025a
February 12th, 2000, 07:01 PM
already via ABC NY because I have a satellite dish. Here's a rundown on what the top three placers did and didn't do (from memory, bear with me). 3. Sarah Hughes Big double axel at the beginning, did the 3salchow-3loop combo, but had little speed or flow out of the end (a la Slutskaya), attempted the 3toe 3 loop, but singled the second jump, did her 3 lutz -- couldn't tell whether she flutzed, but Mr. Button said it was remarkably improved, so I guess not -- and a nice big 3 flip. She fell on her 3salchow near the end of the program. I think Sarah may have been hurt by being 1st in the skating order amongst the final 6, the fact that she singled her loop in her second 3-3 combo attempt, and the fact that choreographically, she omitted one of her lutzes to do the first 3-3 combo. I think the judges greatly appreciated the fact that she did it, but I suspect that they wanted that second lutz instead, or preferably, in addition to the 3-3 combo. 2. Sasha Cohen Sasha did a really great job, and up until she fell on that 3toe, I was sure the judges were going to give her the crown (I had somehow missed the fact that she had one less triple than Kwan did, even with the fall). I have to confess that I am an utterly partisan and selfish Kwan fan and old meanie that I am, I was relieved that she did fall and make Michelle's life a little easier. Sasha did a really good job presentation wise, in the sense that she has a very beautiful, classically balletic style, great positions, flexibility, pointed toes, and she had very nice jumps. Her performance wasn't "perfect" however -- there were a couple of little baubles, including a sort of trip or mistep on some connecting moves, I seem to recall she had a problem with what Dorothy Hamill calls "lazy" free leg on the landing of the jump immediately preceding those connecting moves, it definitely looked like she two footed her 3lutz, and then she actually fell on her last jump, the 3toe. She did a good job with the music she skated to, which definitely falls in the class of pretty, upbeat classical music, but which definitely would have been interchangeable with practically any lighthearted violin music. She did a good job interpreting the music, inasmuch as neither she nor the music had any of what I call "emotional tones", no substantial change of mood or tempo, no real emotional depth. 1. Michelle Kwan I think her freeleg was just the tiniest bit lazy on the 2axel, but it was still pretty good, solid 3lutz-2toe, the failure to execute the second 3toe of the 3-3 combo was not visible to me, really looked like a smooth 3-2 attempt, nice attack on the 3flip, good 3 salchow, tentative and slow entry into the 3loop, which resulted in an unusually awkward and drawn out fall for MK (not her usual spring back up onto the ice as if nothing untoward had happened), freeleg was again a little lazy on the second 3lutz, but not awkward looking, and then of course, a little hesitation I think on the 3toe at the end, which caused a slight lurch on landing. Her layback, incidentally, wasn't quite as good as some we've seen from her this season, but as Mr. Button pointed out, it was much improved still over last season. Her performance wasn't "free" or "uninhibited" or nearly as good as she can do, most likely because she was concentrating so much on executing the elements properly, but it was still pretty darn good, just the tiniest bit "reserved" or "muted". She did a good job (much better than Skate Canada) of making sure she hit the right choreographical move for the right note of music, even when the slight mistakes put her off by just the slightest nanosecond. Overall, a very respectable job.