PDA

View Full Version : A Michelle Kwan True Fan

maileng
February 12th, 2000, 09:08 AM
I love figure skating, but when it comes to the ladies' figure skaters, Michelle Kwan has stolen my heart. I love to see her skate and what she brings to figure skating totally fullfills me. Now when it comes to the men skaters, I don't have a favorite. I'm so happy that I don't have a favorite right now because the pressure I have put on myself for Michelle is enough for right now. I really want and expect Michelle to win everything and I know that's unrealistic thinking. Last night the only skater I watched perform was Michelle. Can you believe that? And she was beautiful on that ice, before and after her fall. What I've decided to do today is watch the men's compete at 4pm today. I know I'm going to enjoy watching all the men skate. Yes, you all can call me a chicken and I accept this. When the ladies skate tonight, I have decided not to watch but to read or hear about the results tomorrow. I have decided to go to see a movie instead. I figure this way, when I see the taping of the LP, next week sometime, I will enjoy it a lot better. The pressue will be off and I will get to see my favorite skater perform. You Go Michelle!

muri
February 12th, 2000, 09:19 AM
and no you're not a chicken. You just love Michelle that much like we all do.

mano
February 12th, 2000, 09:25 AM
Live sacrifices anyone? Somebody just volunteered. Heehee, just kidding. I'm in a weird mood today...scratch that, I'm always in a weird mood. Otherwise Maileng, ITA with what you said.

maileng
February 12th, 2000, 09:33 AM
I was hoping I didn't sound crazy. Your comment made me feel better. We'll it's getting time for the men. As Arnold Swartzsneger says: I'll Be Back

Googoo
February 12th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Maileng I totally understand. I feel like doing that myself. I don't get this nervous for any other skater, that's for sure!

kwanette
February 12th, 2000, 09:38 AM
that I could have some or all...but my house isn't that big...of you over to watch it with me. I have kept busy all day, cleaned, did laundry, ran errands, got my nails done to pass the time....I will tape the men and maybe try to nap, as I only slept about 5 hours.I hate watching this alone......there is no way that I could ever do the OLY live...alone.So, who wants to come to the chilly, damp Northeast? taf2? Renee?

muri
February 12th, 2000, 09:46 AM
you mean you did all those things Kwanette & still have almost 1/2 a day left? Oh you're welcome Maileng.

Karin
February 12th, 2000, 09:52 AM
don't forget to get your VCR ready too!!!...and I have to pad my ceiling just in case I jump too high and hit my head tonight!!!

Beth2000
February 12th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Mano it is funny that you say that b/c our son just brought home a baby chick that he watched hatch at school maybe I should have kept it and scarficed the thing today! LOL!

kwanette
February 12th, 2000, 01:18 PM
are secured.....the vcr's are ready.....if Michael Weiss can do it...why not Michelle?

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 01:28 PM
I totally cleaned the house, did the laundry, cleaned closets, and had my nails done!!!!! We're 3 hours behind so I'm getting ready to watch the men right now. But no naps for me, too much caffeine!

Rene
February 12th, 2000, 01:30 PM
You should come here. It's usually 75 or 80 degrees. I hate cold weather.

vive_la_reine
February 12th, 2000, 04:30 PM
Well--the only one I didn't do was get my nails done! HOWEVER, I did manage to take a 3 hour nap! The way I deal with stress is to sleep a lot, a pattern I started my Junior year in college, a millenium ago. LOL!!! This is a great post! I can't believe how nervous I am too. I'm on the west coast, so I won't see this until Midnight Cleveland time, at which point all will be history.... To deal with it, I am going Ice Skating at 8:00PM myself and then join a good friend to watch! I couldn't stand to face it alone this time. The skating will calm me down! Of course, my VCR is already programmed. Anyway, you guys are great..I wish Michelle the best of luck!! GO, MICHELLE!!!

mano
February 12th, 2000, 08:50 PM
We sacrifice live chickens and humans, but we don't touch baby chicks. That's a no-no!!! ;o)

galadrielle
February 13th, 2000, 05:39 AM
What the heck. Roast me for I have sinned and spouted heresy at another thread. If it would get her Worlds Gold, I'd be more than glad to be a human sacrifice. If it would have her land a 3/3 securely, spin faster, and breathe FIRE on Nice ice, roast me. gala, who'd probably taste JUST LIKE CHICKEN

mano
February 13th, 2000, 03:17 PM
Another sacrifice. You are more than worthy. I want that fire back too.

Beth2000
February 13th, 2000, 03:33 PM
I was just kidding. I wouldn't do a baby chick but I would wait until it got bigger and fatter. The baby chick was to small anyway! It sure was cute, but I was glad to take that chick back! It was noisy!!!

mano
February 13th, 2000, 05:33 PM
I love baby anything. It's when they grow up that the problems starts. Clean up after them, they stink up the place, make a lot of noise, and totally dependent on you for life. That's why I advocate human sacrifices, aheehehee, just kidding folks, really.