PDA

View Full Version : How special was this worlds to michelle?

badhairday
April 1st, 2000, 07:53 AM
I think this has got to be one of the moments that Michelle will cherish forever because she came into the World Championship not as the favorite like in recent years. Not only that, she must felt so pressured because the judges are not with her and knowing that everybody was criticizing her for not doing this or that.. well, she sure show them!!! i just want to say that Michelle is my hero... she has once again did it when others doubted her.. this world championship will be cherished in my memory forever!!1

Terri
April 1st, 2000, 07:57 AM
I don't know how it was for Michelle but for me this is the most special competition ever. She had absolutely everything going against her: GPF, Sasha, Maria, Irina, judges, skate order, the media. Yet she still won. Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

L Lite
April 1st, 2000, 08:12 AM
terry, i couldn't have placed it better.

simply incredible!

rock on baby

Rene
April 1st, 2000, 08:13 AM
Very special to her and us. This is the best moment for me, 2nd only to Philadelphia.

Valerie
April 1st, 2000, 08:14 AM
It is difficult to say which world championship Michelle finds more special. Michelle is so appreciative of everything, and so grateful for all. However, I believe that this one was more special than the one in 1998 simply because this was a tougher battle, and that Michelle skated flawlessly. Michelle did struggle in some way this season, and now, the sun is shinning bright. School and skating can be balanced.

3axel
April 1st, 2000, 08:17 AM
It cannot possibly be even more special than it already is but if only Michelle skated last, after the other skaters had skated. The scores would have been much higher, no question about it. And the momentum of it all would have been soooooo exciting.

The nail-biting climax would have pulsated throughout the arena, holding everyone's breath that you could hear a pin drop's echo. Every pair of eyes fixated on Michelle's every move, embrace her joy.

Then she would come to a spectacular finish. Then the scores would come up. ALL 5.9's because she didn't go first. and we can only imagine what the presentation scores would have been. By this time, the judges would have woken up from their denial that Michelle is simply the best, and they would've put aside their personal bias and given her the marks she deserves. Everyone would be on their feet. WWOOOOWWWWW. If only she had gone last, instead of first.

It would've been almost as exciting as 98 Nationals. Maybe even sweeter, because even the media had been slashing her down. She showed them. You go girl.

Rene
April 1st, 2000, 09:04 AM
I agree. I think her scores would have been higher if she hadn't skated first.

muri
April 1st, 2000, 09:27 AM
I think someone else said it on another post when they said this is 2 years now that we have had to listen to nay sayers about MK. So this was very special for Michelle.
Especially when you look at how the jugdes cheated MK only to reserve marks for Maria & Irina & still they could not stop MK from being MK. I only thank Jesus for helping Michelle & allowing her to do her best & letting the jugdes feet fit snugly in their mouth. We could tell what they were saying when they gave MK her marks.

Valerie
April 1st, 2000, 10:04 AM
answered by Michelle.

my.aol.com/sports/story.t...0228131370 (http://my.aol.com/sports/story.tmpl?table=n&cat=0480&id=0004010228131370)

Beth2000
April 1st, 2000, 10:10 AM
Now just tell me how could anyone not like Michelle. She is just so thankful for everything. I need to start having that kind of same sweet spirit that Michelle has.

Irina I am proud of her for her attempt of coming back. She doesn't have anything to be ashamed of.