PDA

View Full Version : "Kwan looked like a beam of sunshine"

Jenny
March 23rd, 2001, 01:11 PM
Article: Slutskaya beats Kwan in short program
BARRY WILNER, AP Sports Writer

www.totalsports.net/news/....0395.html (http://www.totalsports.net/news/20010323/oth/010323.0395.html)

Excerpt:

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> Kwan, who rallied to win worlds last year, beating Slutskaya in the process, looked like a beam of sunshine in her flashy orange costume. Kwan's spirals carried her from one end of the rink to the other, a huge smile creasing her face as she floated along the ice.

But she didn't have quite the pizzaz she showed at nationals, although the American and Dutch judges had her first. But the Romanian, Croatian and Japanese judges placed her third.

"It's not what I would dream of doing," Kwan said. "But, hey, it's not always perfect. Close enough for today."

Kwan saw no reason to be critical of the judging, even though she thought her marks were a bit low.

"They are very critical and they should be," she said. "I've been to worlds eight times, so they know my skating well. They know my best performances."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

JETT4MK02
March 23rd, 2001, 01:32 PM
Thanks Jen. It sounds like MK is happy with where she is, and knows her limitations. This will just make her more sure of her self for the LP!!!!! She knows that when she skates her best, they will realize it and mark her as she deserves. (though i always think she could be marked a little higher) but...so long as she does her best!

Di75
March 23rd, 2001, 01:46 PM
That is great to hear! I just got online to check the results...and that subject heading caught my eye. She's always at her best when the pressure's on.

Valerie
March 23rd, 2001, 02:08 PM
:)

kjesse
March 23rd, 2001, 02:21 PM
That was a good article, thanks jen.

dec5
March 23rd, 2001, 03:20 PM
I got a good feeling........

mano
March 23rd, 2001, 03:24 PM
I'm still shocked Barry said that about Kwan. Maybe he's sick or something. ;)

Corbon91
March 23rd, 2001, 03:52 PM
Well I hope Michelle has a great free skate. Go Michelle!!!!! :)

Googoo
March 23rd, 2001, 05:52 PM
Cool! I love that comment! :)