PDA

View Full Version : Men's lp results

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 09:05 AM
hey men start in a few minutes Good luck to Johnny Matt and Evan Yippee Lyaseck and mike.

NikkiFinn
January 10th, 2004, 09:10 AM
All I ask is that this year's long program is better than last year's. :lol

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Me too nikkifan
So far no where has any news about how the men are doing good luck to Matt, johnny, Evan and Mike.

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 10:14 AM
So far according to FSU Wilson is first, Bruni is second and lee is third

debbwin
January 10th, 2004, 10:18 AM
thanks for the results...are we not getting "live" reports?
just fsu? anyway, thanks :)

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I guess we aren't gettign live reports but the men are going to be shown on ABC soon anyway. So far the results just haven't been pouring in for the men.

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 10:50 AM
0kay results so far
1 LaRoche 2. Phan 3. Wilson 4 Rohene or dread lock boy:)

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 11:02 AM
So far it is Jordan Dillon, Nick Laroche, Dennis Phan, Jordan Wilson, Rohene Ward, Marcus bruni(?) can't understand my own handwriting, Daniel leee, Ben Miller and Mike V.

ScoobertDieu
January 10th, 2004, 11:13 AM
The Men's LP should be over by now. I guess all the reporters must be having a lot of fun at the arena right now. Wish the USFSA website would post the results.

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Yeah I am getting someone to check if thye can find the official results.

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Overett, Delamore and Smith currently 1, 2 and 3

debbwin
January 10th, 2004, 11:28 AM
i thought the men will be on abc live on the east coast? pretty soon after the ice dance final which they are showing now...?

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 11:31 AM
yeah but that is the final flight I am just updating on what has been goign on so far but the updates have been far and in between.

SHARPIE
January 10th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Guys, there's reports on jumps etc over at FSU I have already stated it is OK for the MKF to copy them. :SE

Its the end of the penultimate group now, dont have time to paste them myself but anyone with access there is welcome to.

Same goes with any comp - K? :)

BrendaT
January 10th, 2004, 11:35 AM
My local abc station is showing stupid basketball instead of the men's long program. I am so mad! So if anyone can give results of the men's finals, i would really appreciate it! They are supposed to show the ladies finals tonight, thank goodness! Anywho, thank you very much! Go Michelle!

Ashley
January 10th, 2004, 11:41 AM
I don't have access to FSU, but when I see the standings on TV I'll post them for you :)

Pati
January 10th, 2004, 11:46 AM
from FSU (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10464&pagenumber=2)
Lind 3z/3t, 3a 2ft, 3f 2ft into 3t, camel, 3l wacky landing, 3z, 3s, flying sit, ina bauer nice, circ ftwk, spin combo slow 41-49/43-48 in 3rd

Overett 3a huge/2t, 3f?, camel sit scratch nice, 3t?, 3a step out, 3l, sit spin, serp steps good, 2a, spin nice, 3flutz 2ft, nice spread eagle, camel sit scratch combo, partial standing ovation49-53/50-53 in 1st

Smith 3a/3t, 1f, 4s turn out, camel sit ok, 2z, SL steps simple, 3l, camel, 3a touch, 3t, 3s, nice ending spin combo 43-52/43-51 in 2nd

Delmore 3flutz?, 3s/2t, 3a step out, camel w/ catchfoot travels, 3f?, 2a, SL steps nice, 3s, 3l, 3t/2t, nice final spin 47-53/48-53 in 2nd

Brauninger 3z/3t, 3s, 3a splat, 3l, 1a, camel sit camel sit Y spin travels, camel, 3z, 3f/2t fall out, 2a, flying sit 43-51/44-50 in 4th

Top 7 ove del smith brau dill laro lind

thanx Sharpie!:angel

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks Pati sounds like a good night of skating so far.

debbwin
January 10th, 2004, 11:59 AM
goldblossom88 just called me from the arena...the final flight of men is warming up.....she'll call me back later...it was LOUD in the background even during the warmup!! oh man...anyway, she's sitting next to dell and gf....and ? someone else, i couldn't hear....whohooo! she'll call me back later....men are on live now on abc..east coast!!

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Matt S was great, Evan l was less so but he didn't fall apart.

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Ryan B. program was great in spots but too many pop outs.

debbwin
January 10th, 2004, 12:27 PM
yea, it's too bad, cuz ryan has SO much charisma....he needs to stay focused on the jumps...

Cole50
January 10th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I love Ryan Bradley...he is so much fun to watch, and brings a huge smile to my face...He's just so cute, has charisma, but like Dick says...if he puts more effort into his jumps too, he'd really be awesome and world champion level.

I think Ryan Jhanke is going to go ahead of Ryan Bradley though...

Looks like it'll be tough for Michael to move up unless he's perfect...

mkfanatics
January 10th, 2004, 12:52 PM
you need to tell me whats going on, cause BRITAIN IS RUBBISH. we get hardly any skating! so i jst sit here and read whats going on! LOL!

Good luck guys and for later, Michelle, bring down the house, er actually, bring down the arena!:FBO

mmac80
January 10th, 2004, 12:53 PM
OMG Johnny WON!!! He's got a 6.0! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! LOVE HIM!

kathyvadis
January 10th, 2004, 12:55 PM
CONGRATS!!:FL

iloveskating
January 10th, 2004, 12:55 PM
DId you hear him say "6.0 I thought those were reserved for MK!!"
:SJ

rOSiEoPeRaGIrL
January 10th, 2004, 12:57 PM
WHAT IS THE STANDING?

HOW OLD IS JOHNNY WEIR? OH my god, I am SO HAPPY that he won. He is actually my FAVORITE skater for men. I mean I like Timothy and it's sad that he WD but I never really liked him because he just did improve over the years.

rondo1974
January 10th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Wow! Excellent competition for the men. No quads from the top group, but solid skating all the way around.

I was hoping Savoie could pull out the win but a podium finish for him is great. Jahnke did a great job as well - two 3axels in one program! Great job from these two.

Lysacek and Bradley have great charisma... if they could calm things down a bit and focus on their technique (particularly Bradley) they could be a force in the coming seasons.

Weiss fought throughout, some of his landings were just a bit insecure, and he repeated too many triples (though some of his tech scores didn't reflect that). Still, really nice skate for him!

And Weir was a vision... I think Weiss actually might have had a better-constructed program but Weir flowed so much better. Wonderful reaction from him to his skate and his marks. :)

Congrats to all the men. Definitely a step up from last year! :D

honey827
January 10th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Excellent night of skating from the men Quad be damned if this is how they skate without the quad i don't want no quad. the final standings were Johnny Weir, Mike Weiss and Matt S and with stand out performances from Ryan Janke I nearly had a heart attack best skate of the season by him and Evan lyaseck Way to go kiddo.

LuvMK
January 10th, 2004, 01:34 PM
The best thing is that it was very competitive and Evan set the tone by overcoming an early mistake to skate great.

My feelings about Weiss are that he has never really fully developed into an awesome skater. He's had some great performances and some so-so performances and some bad performances. Kudos to him for tonight in that he held it together on his jumps, though he lacked good technique on some of them. Dick also said that Weiss performed more triples than allowed -- guess judges weren't paying attention. I thought Weiss' marks were a bit overinflated, I must say, especially a 59 for technical, when they should have been taking something off if he went beyond the rules. He has a stiff quality about him and I guess perhaps some past injuries have partly contributed to him not developing into a much better skater. At this point, he does not impress me. I guess the judges were giving him credit for holding it together and for his past experience.

Somebody said Weiss had a well-constructed program. I really don't like the program -- it does nothing for me. The concept seems old and tired and w/o any new creative insights -- Brian B. did this type of program better 16 years ago. What about Ryan Jahnke's absolutely beautifully choreographed program, and he skated even better than last year -- its a real shame he will be left off the World team this year.

While I like Matt's skating a lot and I'm happy he finally made the team, Ryan did have a better skate and the judges thought so too rewarding Ryan with first place over all the competitors prior to Weiss and Weir's performances. There is no way MWeiss' long program beat Ryan J's, and I'd have to place Matt's above Weiss' too or very close. Ryan J. had a three turn out of a combination jump, but both Matt and MWeiss also had flaws on the landing of several of their jumps.

Love, love, love Ryan Bradley and Evan L. is a beautiful skater. Can't argue with their final placements, as they can both develop more. I hope they will both have opportunities to compete in more events internationally, as that is the best way to learn and to grow. Ryan B.'s program was so exciting, but he needs to work on controlling the tension and delivering the goods. Like Dick said, if he can do that -- just pull together all of that raw talent, look out world!

I am so happy for Johnny Weir. Last year was a learning experience, and boy did he learn from it, and then some. He was in position to win it all last year. This year, he kept his cool -- he was almost too cool -- but the theme was icicles, so I guess he stayed in character. What can we say -- to wait that long and come onto the ice knowing you can win it all, and then deliver such a technically superb and beautiful program. In another thread earlier today, a poster seemed to be making fun of Weir, Rohene Ward, and men who skate with elegance. Well, here's to the elegant U.S. National Men's Champion, Johnny Weir!

:FL

skatesindreams
January 10th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Just think, Johnny is only going to improve as he matures!

BRAVO to you, Johnny:TOS