PDA

View Full Version : G MAN wins the Bronze!!!

nymkfan51
August 8th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Congratulations to "our very own" G MAN!!! I just got a call from graciesfriend and the gang with the good news. He came in 3rd and skated a wonderful program to the " 1812 Overture." He landed his 2A for the very first time in competition!!! graciesfriend said he landed all his jumps and that his spins were fantastic! She said he had such poise and that he was absolutely thrilled that he moved up to get the bronze medal.
I have to tell you ... graciesfriend was in tears on the phone. She said it was so emotional ... she felt like she had at Worlds.
Also ... his coach Kristi Mitchell was so proud of G MAN. Dell even got her autograph. LOL
They gave him all kinds of gifts ... one of which was a Pandabear from snowbird. He was very touched.
Sounds like they had a wonderful time. They're just about to leave for the trip home. I told graciesfriend how happy we all were that the group was there to cheer him on.
Great work gang!!! :)

elyn524
August 8th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Yeah!!!!!!!!

:FL

skatesindreams
August 8th, 2003, 08:14 AM
HOORAY!!!

:FL :FL

iloveskating
August 8th, 2003, 08:25 AM
WAY TO GO GMAN!!! Congratulations on 2 great performances and especially on landing your 2A!!
:JP

latasha
August 8th, 2003, 08:27 AM
OMG, that is so awesome. Congrats to G MAN!

luenatic
August 8th, 2003, 08:28 AM
WOW! :FL

A bronze medal at State Game of America. And a double Axel to boot :JP

CONGRATULATIONS!

Beach Springer
August 8th, 2003, 08:30 AM
YAY!!!!! I just got back from my job interview and ran to the answering machine. Dell's wonderful message was there. I was so sorry I missed it! Signed onto the Forum and read Norma's wonderful post. I am so excited for G-Man I could burst!!! It really felt like I was getting news of a Michelle competition. Like it or not, G-Man, you've already got a devoted fan club!:D

Dell said pretty much what Norma & Graciesfriend said. She mentioned how very classy and elegant he looked in his black costume, how ambitious and well-done the program was, and how amazing his spins were, especially the blur spin at the end. She said it was just a fabulous day for everyone. I could feel the excitement even through the answering machine. Today is a great day!!!! Congratulations G-Man!!!!! Sounds like you a LOT of fun!!! And so did the Forum!

honey827
August 8th, 2003, 08:35 AM
I am so happy for G-man I had a really good feeling after reading he was in fourth place after the sp I am so happy he moved up and won the bronze. Can't wait for the rest of the reports to come rolling in.

GardenKitty
August 8th, 2003, 08:35 AM
That is so exciting !! I"m so sorry that I had to come back to stupid old work today and miss it, but I am so happy for him. I am especially happy that he got to share the experience with so many of his friends. I can just imagine the cheering from his fan section!!!! As I mentioned in the other thread, there are a number of kids in his group that are a good bit older as well, so this is even more of an accomplishment.

Congrats G-Man!! As Uncle Dick would say, the important thing is that you skated with heart and you skated well, but a medal is nice too!!!

jvanal
August 8th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Congrats on an awesome job and winning the bronze GMAN!

yazmeen42skater
August 8th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Yesssssss!!!! I just had a good feeling all along that he was going to end up in the medals!!! I'm so happy for him. I hope my friend Anna Lisa skated well, too. She should be done now, but I'm off to conference, I'll have to check later.

G-Man, you are something else. Three cheers and a tiger for you!!!

:SP :RP :LP :SE

skatingfan5
August 8th, 2003, 08:51 AM
It was well worth the wait for G MAN's free skate!
Even Uncle Dick would have judged him "first rate"
And of that there's no doubt --
In fact, I can hear all MKF shout out:
The "G" in G MAN stands for Great!

:SJ :SJ :SJ :SJ :SJ

Way to go, G MAN! Congrats on winning the bronze!

:angel :D :angel :D :angel :D :angel :D :angel

MoonKitty02
August 8th, 2003, 08:52 AM
I'm so happy for G-Man! Congrats on winning the Bronze! :D
:LP
MoonKitty

Delilah's Mom
August 8th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Good for you Garrett!!! Please remember all of us who love you when you win the Olympics & become famous!!!!!:FL

kwanluv
August 8th, 2003, 09:10 AM
I'm so happy for him! :D

:YS

pblueyes
August 8th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Way to go G-Man!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!:)

Thanks for the reports, this is so wonderful and exciting.

iluvtodd
August 8th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Congrats to you, G-Man. That's just fantastic!;)

kwanette
August 8th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Norma.

Our G MAN proved that (like Michelle) "Bronze is golden..."

Where can I buy the video?

attyfan
August 8th, 2003, 09:38 AM
This is wonderful news! Congratulations -- and thanks for posting!

missmarysgarden
August 8th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Nice going, G-Man!!! We'll be keeping an eye on you!

probativev
August 8th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Congrats! G-Man. Anyone got pictures????

Alexa

Sharon
August 8th, 2003, 10:18 AM
WHOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS GMAN!!!! Way to go...two great programs...landing your 2A the 1st time in comp...excellent presentation and spins...AWESOME!!!
Who's got the video...sign me up for the round robin :) !
:FL

Kimmie10
August 8th, 2003, 10:40 AM
AWESOME!!!:) :) :) Congratulations G MAN! WOW- A double axel!!! Can't wait to see you at the Olympics one day! I want pictures!! From ones I've seen, you're quite the cutie! :D I can't wait for his report!

We're SOOOO proud of you!!!!

uyeahu
August 8th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Congrats G-Man! That's pretty impressive.

Beth2000
August 8th, 2003, 11:07 AM
GMan!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! Way to go!!!!!!

yankgrl46
August 8th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Congratulations! Wohooooooo! :) :) :)
That is so wonderful :) I cannot wait to hear your report Gman :)

liza
August 8th, 2003, 11:25 AM
HOOORAY!!!It's time for another party from MKF.Way to G-Man.OH My Gosh G-Man I can't wait to hear from.We're proud of you.Congratulation to your coach and to your family.I'm sure of of your family is proud of G-Man accomplishment..:angel :angel :angel

Teddy99
August 8th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Yaaaaay G-man, We are all soooo proud of you! Keep it up and we'll all be seeing you in Seniors soon. Congratulations!!!

maxell1313
August 8th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Congratulations G-MAN!!!!!! We're gonna see you at Nats and Worlds someday!

:SE :LP :SP

realistic51
August 8th, 2003, 11:58 AM
WTG G-man!!! Lexi and I send you a big hug for a job well done!:FL

paradisaeidae
August 8th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Congratulations!!!

Paradisaeidae :LD

Lynn1951
August 8th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Congrats G-Man!

Lynn

KwanBoy23
August 8th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Congratulations on landing your double axel in competition for the first time AND *winning* the bronze medal G MAN. We're all very very proud of you here!!!

[Edited as per request of Belladella]

beegirllw
August 8th, 2003, 01:08 PM
YO YO YO, that is sooooo very very awesome. Good job Big "G"!!!!

You have made us all very proud.

Maureen
August 8th, 2003, 01:12 PM
G-MAN

I am so happy to hear the news. Congratulations on
skating two great programs. Can't wait to hear your
report when you return.

:D

Maureen

cynthiabc
August 8th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Congratulations G-Man!!! How wonderful to do so well, and how great that several MKF members were there to see you. I can hardly wait to see pictures.
:JP :JP :JP :JP :JP

zins
August 8th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Congratulations G-Man!! I can't wait for the day we can watch you at nationals and worlds. Keep up all your hard work and I'm sure success will continue.:D

bearpaw
August 8th, 2003, 02:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

GMAN - yeah! We are so proud of you!

taf
August 8th, 2003, 02:40 PM
G-man, I am so happy for you. You had extra pressure on you (with the MKF cheering section) and you came through with flying colors. That shows that you're not just a good skater, you're a good competitor. I am also looking forward to seeing you at Nationals one of these days soon. Great job!

mkfan88
August 8th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Hey congrats G-man : ) Wow, a 2axel and a 3 loop. very impressive. congrats on the bronze medel. i knew you could do it. hehe, can't wait to hear from you.ttyl

ParalegalMKFan
August 8th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Wow, G-Man ~ how cool is that?! I am so happy for you. What a great start to your season. This is just the start to bigger and better things! Woo Hoo!!:angel

BrightIce
August 8th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Congratulations, G-Man!!!! How fantastic!! The bronze medal, that's awesome! I'm really thrilled for you. :D :D

:SJ

Teacher1
August 8th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Way to go G-man! What a great way to start a season! We'll all be able to say we knew you when!

vive_la_reine
August 8th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Whooooo Hooooooo!!!! WAY TO GO!

G MAN Rocks! :RP

I could :SJ for joy! :D

NicoleM
August 8th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Congratulations Garrett! I am thrilled to hear your skate went so well! I hope to get to see you skate one day in the future! Congrats again, and enjoy your success! :)

Carrie50
August 8th, 2003, 05:59 PM
What great news! G-Man, we are so proud of you. I see olympic rings in your future, hope I can be there to watch!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONs! :) :) :) Bronze is Beautiful.....

:FL :FL :FL :FL :FL :FL :FL :

Debbie
August 8th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Congratulations G MAN!! Way to go! I guess we'll be seeing you in the Olys in what...2010? Hey, maybe MK willl be skating then, too. :)

DonKwan
August 8th, 2003, 07:05 PM
G-Man,
I just have to add my congratulations to you as well!!! I would have loved to see your programs. I'm sure we all will someday. Enjoy your success!!! Also, kudos to the MKFers who were there. Your support of G-man is yet another example of why I love this forum!!

justsk8
August 8th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Congrats GMAN! That must have been loads of fun for all of you there together, and it sounds like he was absolutely fantastic!! One day I will see GMAN skate. :) No one videoed this, did they?

rubyred
August 8th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Congratulations, G MAN!!!!!
:FL :SJ :FL :SJ

IceStar115
August 8th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Wow congratulations dude! i hope you had a great time at your competition, im really happy for you!:FL

dramaqueenjc
August 8th, 2003, 09:27 PM
:SJ CONGRATUALTONS G-MAN!!! :SE

Now you and your :SAL online girlfriend :LP have matching necklaces ;)

:TJL HURRAY FOR YOU!!! :FL

Heather
August 8th, 2003, 10:23 PM
OMG, congrats!!! :) You RACH!

Becca27
August 9th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Congrats G-Man!!:D :FL :SJ

Becca

snowbird
August 9th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Many congrats G-man on your bronze medal. Now you and Michelle have something else in common besides "the kiss".

You obviously performed very well under pressure which will be good training for the 2006 games. I'm buying my ticket now!

Win or lose, we're all proud of you here because of your perpetual positive spirit. You're the best!:SAL

blondeanglskater
August 9th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Way to go Gman!! That is sooooo awesome!! :D Congratulations!!

toutestgrace
August 9th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Incredible G Man! I'm looking forward to your post about the competition! Bronze is beautiful.:angel

feelingbegins03
August 9th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Way To Go G Man! That's awesome! Congrats on a great start to your season! MKF is so proud of you! :SAL

Skatekwan6
August 9th, 2003, 08:28 AM
WOW! How wonderful!! :D Congratulations GMAN!!!

skatesindreams
August 9th, 2003, 09:09 AM
I'm looking forward to the reports from G-Man and the other attendees!

marcelo777
August 9th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Wow! that is great!!! bronze AND 2 axel!! :)
!!!CONGRATULATIONS GMAN!!!

Kwanatic
August 9th, 2003, 12:13 PM
WAY TO GO GMAN!!!!! WE ARE SO HAPPY AND PROUD!!!!!!!!![/b

Liv2Tell
August 9th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Congratulations, GMAN! You're definitely on your way to the top!

Ashley
August 9th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Congrats to G-Man!!!!! You made us proud. Great job!!!!

I must say Minnesota has some future skating stars in their midst.

Charmed One
August 9th, 2003, 02:48 PM
CONGRATS GMAN !!!!!! :angel :SE :SAL

GoldenMichelle
August 9th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Congrats G-man! :SJ

TAF2984
August 9th, 2003, 03:47 PM
WOW Congrats especially on the Triple!

mzheng
August 9th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Congrats to G MAN!!!

madison
August 9th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Congrats, G-MAN!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

You would make Mrs. Kwan proud;)

:RB :RP :SS :TJL :SJ :SE :JP :LP :FL

:angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel

lillyfly
August 10th, 2003, 12:17 AM
:SJ Yipeee! Congratualtions g-man! I look forward to seeing you on TV. :FL

Figureskates
August 10th, 2003, 02:38 AM
Congratulations on your achievements and accomplishements.

As an adult male figure skater, I think it is great that you find this a marvelous sport to pursue and that we can have as much as the ladies!! I wish you continued success and hope that someday I may have the opportunity of seeing you compete.

editted to correct for spelling.

colinmom71
August 10th, 2003, 04:14 AM
Congratulations!! How wonderful for you... Glad to hear you did so well!

You know, it may not be too long before we see the GMF (G Man Forum) up and running! ;)

MariaK
August 10th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Congratulation GMAN on a wonderful preformance... You sure made us all proud!

Cjustice1
August 10th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Congratulations G-Man on a wonderful skate!

:SJ :SJ :SJ :SJ

Eldredgefan2001
August 10th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Congratulations GMAN on your wonderful performance. It's great that you're out there making your skating dreams come true! You done us proud!! :D

Kathie

oOIceDanceOo
August 10th, 2003, 09:17 AM
G-man,
First off, Congratulations! Like everyone else, I wish I was there to cheer you on! I am sure the cheering section for you was supurb! Everyone here loves you soo much! I'm soo excited for you, I'm starting to get all giddy!
Colinmom-Just wait a couple of days and the GMF will be at full blast! :)
We should have a parade for him (made up of little Michelles!) :YS :b

Lyna

goldblossom88
August 10th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Congrats GMan! i was so glad to be able to see your short program . And especially glad to be able to meet you.
Wow is all I can say!:TJL

fdevine
August 10th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Congratulation, G Man. I just now found this thread, because my granddaughter got married this weekend and it's been great but hectic.
I'm so thrilled to hear this wonderful news. I wish I could have been there.

belladella
August 10th, 2003, 01:39 PM
G MAN the threads about your accomplishment have thousands of hits.

I was there for your short and your long and accompanied by the 30+ people in your cheering section I was standing and applauding at the end of both of your programs. Your fall at the beginning of your short didn't rattle you and you recovered and skated beautifully. Your long proggram amazed us all. I couldn't breathe until after your 2/z before your final blur spin. You made us very proud. Congratulations!!!!!!! Thank you for letting us share this experience with you. It's one that I will never, ever forget. We're waiting for your report.

By the way the other competitors were all older than you weren't they? To clarify the awarding of medals, at this competition separate medals are awarded for both the short and the long. So had G MAN placed third in the short (he wuz robbed) he would have received a bronze medal for that competition also.

eventerbess
August 10th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Excellent GMan. Class Will Tell!

Top marks to belladella and the MKFers who shared this great experience with us.

jlta
August 10th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Congrats G-Man!!!! We are so proud of you!!!!

michellesmom
August 10th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Watch out, Timmy--here comes G-Man!!!! I'm buying my tickets to Torino and Vancouver now!

Congratulations!

:LP

lavender
August 11th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Wow. This is pretty good. I wish we could have this on video.

probativev
August 11th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Congratulations G-Man. Keep up the good work!!!

Alexa

GMAN
August 11th, 2003, 07:59 PM
You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for caring about me, and taking the time to congratulate/wish me luck!! Your support means so much!!! A full list of thank you's are coming in soon!!!I will go now and do a full report on my trip!!

mindy74
August 13th, 2003, 06:28 AM
I just saw this thread--congrats, g-man! sounds like a wonderful performance--I have respect for anybody who goes out and competes in an individual sport. It's so much pressure; I used to be nervous enough just doing my dance recitals!

Angela75
August 13th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Congratulations GMan! I'm proud and happy for you!

lil lion 816
August 13th, 2003, 10:40 PM
I just saw this thread too!!
That is just *too* neat! Congratulations on winning the bronze, and best of luck in the future G Man!!! Rock on! :D

Kwans Apprentice
August 15th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Gratz G-Man! I hope you're really proud of yourself right now.

manskater
August 17th, 2003, 07:57 AM
I am so proud of you G-Man. Since I have been taking lessons for the last couple of years I realize more and more how difficult the jumps and spins and footwork are. I have a great deal of respect for you and hope to see you up there with the greats of skating.

Kwanatic
August 17th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Maybe before too long we will be posting on the G Man Forum too!

dec5
September 12th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Fantastic!!! Congrats GMAN!!!!!!

taf
September 13th, 2003, 07:16 AM
G-Man isn't the right age for Torino. Besides, I want Timmy to win there. I'm pulling for G-Man at Vancouver. My husband is Canadian & as soon as he heard Vancouver got the 2010 Olys he told me we were definitely going. He's already started an Oly fund so we can get tickets as soon as they go on sale. So I'll be there in person with my G-Man posters & hopefully kwanette will be standing by to post my online reports. lol