PDA

View Full Version : A Word to the Wise : )

gratefulmkfan
August 26th, 2000, 04:00 PM
Dear Michelle,

You are the best, and we know it, and I'm so happy for you and all your success. You are such a hard worker and wonderful role model, even for those older than you are. Your accomplishments have been so many, and I would like to see you receive the credit you deserve. That's why I'm writing this before you do that pro-am in Washington.

Last year, when you did the spring pro-am, in the same town, a certain local newspaper reporter was upset that he didn't get an interview with you, which he says had requested. He wrote an article that got picked up by the AP, and it did not show you in the best light. You were only mentioned as an afterthought and accused of doing "only toe jumps". I know his motives because I wrote to him after I read the article, and he answered me and told me. He felt dissed. Your young American competition, on the other hand, gave freely of her time, and he portrayed her in a very positive light. I know your time is limited, but when you go to Kenniwick (sp?), it might be wise to give time to the local press. Your fans hate to see you get bad press, and these articles have a way of staying on the Net for a loooooooooooooong time : ).

God bless and best of luck to you,

Debbi

skatingfan
November 20th, 2000, 08:27 PM
:)