PDA

View Full Version : I missed the champions gala; did anyone tape it?

anshu791
February 26th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Okay all, I love Michelle Kwan like the rest of you! I am totally ashamed I missed her post-Olympic performance of Champions Gala! What is it that makes us need to see her every move? Well anyway, I am 19 and I live in Arizona. I have a ten month old... basically I can't really pay anyone much too send me a tape of this performance, but as I have been following Michelle's career for years, I can't miss this performance which I have heard so much about. If there is anyone who can afford to send me a tape of this performance, please let me know. You can e-mail me at ang85225@yahoo.com (girls only please [I am married]). Also, I would love to hear about her performance at this event, so please tell me about it!
Thanks a lot.
Angie Shults

Burnabyb
February 27th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Essentially, Michelle wore the golden Vera Wang outfit. She skated to a version of Sting's Field of Gold and executed three perfect triple jumps and graceful skating.

At the end, her face crumpled into the most saddest face I've ever seen (my sister and I cried) and when she lifted her head she forced a smile but had tears streaming down her face. The commentators were quiet and then Rosalyn Sumners said it was rare to see Michelle so vulnerable. That she's still one of the best skaters to ever touch the ice and that life is not about winning and losing but about the journey.

JinGXionG
March 1st, 2002, 08:01 PM
i dont think its sting
i think its eva cassidy
stings one is much too fast
does not sound like it

JinGXionG
Fields Of Gold™