PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan for President!

modicum
February 23rd, 2002, 09:10 PM
Hi, I was going to write this letter to Michelle, but when I was looking up how many medals Michelle has won overall (it's a LOT! And mostly gold!) I found this forum and it seemed like a good place to post the letter so I pasted it below. It's nice to see there are so many other people who share my sentiments and that there is a place like this to share them. (I guess it's too bad we can't all have a website like this to tell us how awesome we are! :)

Dear Michelle,

I know you have a lot of fans; I'm not any kind of a figure skating groupie or anything, but I saw you at the last couple Olympics and on the Tonight Show. I just wanted to say congratulations on your second Olympic medal, and let you know that there is yet another person out here who was really pulling for you to win the gold. I couldn't even watch the actual competition because it was too stressful, but my heart was broken when I found out you didn't get the gold. You are so beautiful and so talented. Has there ever been a skater as awesome as you in the history of the world? I doubt it. When I looked on a website and saw all the other medals you've won, so may golds it is incredible, I guess I don't feel as bad. What is one more stupid medal? Who needs it? I don't know how bad you feel but I wish I could make you feel better.

Also I wanted to tell you your exhibition program on Friday night was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen (the Russian pair's was good too), including the music you chose. You made Sarah Hughes look like me on skates, and that is really bad! Your show of honest emotion was also touching and inspiring. I think we were all crying with you. And regardless of all the competitions and medals, all I can say is that whenever I see you in the media your spirit shines through like a beacon of brilliant light, and that is all that matters. God bless you and everything you do now and in the future. I can tell you will go to high places and do many wonderful things. Michelle Kwan for president!

Sincerely,
tom
modicum1@earthlink.net