PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite skating performance?

Mousee17
October 19th, 1999, 02:57 PM
What's your favorite skating performance? Not just MK's performances, but any skater, in any year.

Willowdale
October 19th, 1999, 03:30 PM
My top fourth favourite skating performanaces are done my Michelle Kwan. I enjoy Michelle's Lyra Angelica most because it is so joyful, angelic and peaceful, so I can get rid of my strong emotion whenever I watch it. It is a GOOD idea for me to watch it before I have a test or an exam. It really works. Salome is the second because of its deep passion and it is simply the winning program. My third favourite is Taj Mahal, and Rachmaninoff. Fourth - Dante's Prayer and East of Eden. They are both superb!! Fifth - The original dance which is performed by Anasinna & Peizerat last year. The music, cotumes and choreography were excellent, IMHO.

Sharon
October 19th, 1999, 03:52 PM
Here are my top ten right now: 1. 98 Nats Lyra Angelica 2. 98 World Pro East of Eden 3. 99 Hershey's On My Own 4. 98 Nats Rachmaninoff 5. 98 Ultimate 4 Dante's Prayer 6. 98 World Pro Ariane 7. 96 Worlds Romanza 8. 96 Worlds Salome 9. 98 World Pro Kurt Browning's clown program 10. 96 Nats Rudi Gulindo's long program (and his reaction to his win! :-)

Anita18
October 19th, 1999, 03:53 PM
I'll have to stick with Michelle now, since I only became a fan recently and didn't tape everybody's else stuff....(I feel guilty now) My absolutely most favorite program of Michelles's is Rachmaninoff. I abolutely adore the music (I would kill to play piano like that! Gosh!) and when she comes into the final combination spin, I get all tingly and teary-eyed (she looks so happy!). And those chords falling when she's spinning! I love that too!

Karin
October 19th, 1999, 03:56 PM
1) Riverdance...Bourne and Kraatz 2) Lyra Angelica...Michelle Kwan 3) Rachmaninoff...Michelle Kwan 4) Taj Mahal...Michelle Kwan 5) Romeo & Juliet...Annissina and Peizerat Everything of...Michelle Kwan!!!

AYS
October 19th, 1999, 04:14 PM
Not ranked one above the other: Vocalise - G+G - Canadian Professional championships, I think '94 or early '95 Rachmaninoff - Kwan - Philadelphia nationals Lyra Angelica - Kwan - Phildelphia nationals East of Eden - Kwan - World Pros '98 A conglomeration of many of Paul Wylie's performances, I can't pick one or even two. Torvill+Dean - Bolero - '84 Olympics Janet Lynn - I have only one performance of this program on tape - Magic Memories on Ice II, but I remember being mesmerized by several versions on TV when I was young

Sprampt
October 19th, 1999, 05:34 PM
My top 3 are 1)Lyra Angelica ~ Michelle Kwan 2)Rachmaninoff ~Michelle Kwan 3)Romanza ~ Michelle Kwan 4)That clown program by Kurt Browning... I don't remember the name, or is there a name?

Sprampt
October 19th, 1999, 05:35 PM
My top 3 are: 1)Lyra Angelica ~ Michelle Kwan 2)Rachmaninoff ~Michelle Kwan 3)Romanza ~ Michelle Kwan 4)That clown program by Kurt Browning... I don't remember the name, or is there a name? Oops.... Is there a way to delete a post?

ElvisStojkofan
October 19th, 1999, 05:52 PM
My favorite programs that Michelle has skated to are: Winter On my Own Salome Romanza Ariane Kissing You Dante's prayer finale: Rachmaninoff Fate of Carmen Dream of Desdemona Taj Mahal Heart of Gold (http://members.dencity.com/heartofgold/)

chinadoll
October 20th, 1999, 07:47 AM
michelle's '96 worlds 'salome' michelle's '98 nationals 'rachmaninoff' michelle's '98 nationals 'lyra angelica' michelle's '98 world pros 'east of eden' michelle's '99 hershey's kisses 'one more time' takeshi honda's '99 worlds 'man in the iron mask' shen & zhao's '99 worlds 'mulan'

Willowdale
October 20th, 1999, 11:01 AM
KwanFan60, I thought the name of the clown program by Kurt Browning was "The Clown". Correct me if I'm wrong, okay? I forgot mentionning B&S's Dark Eyes and Swan Lake, and K&A's Nagano lp. I **DO** love them!!

Calum
October 21st, 1999, 02:34 PM
Ginger, I really like your MKGA banner above. (Oh, and Salome and Rachmaninoff are my #1 and #2 programs, too, but next I'd probably pick Romanza.)

eilaram
October 22nd, 1999, 08:46 AM
Rach- every single time she performed it Dante's Prayer- it was not a competition, but I love the one from COI East of Eden- World Pros Scott's Figaro- (BTW could the thing he does before the backflip be considered a Charlotte?) Under the category of loving the music and the choreography that was supposed to be there making it the only program of their's I liked, but they never performed it well and got way too high marks: Grishuk and Platov's Olympic free dance with the blue costumes.

ILLINOIS
October 22nd, 1999, 09:13 AM
Michelle '97 TAJ MAHAL - beautiful red costume & wonderful drama '98 Rachmaninoff - Absolutely breathtaking Pasha & Grishuk ?? Arabian whatever --- great arabian movements (overall, Michelle can learn from her.. she can move and really express herself...) Philippe Candoloro '98 Dartagan -- awesome !!!!!!!! Rudy Galindo '96 ??? - awesome performances!!!!!!!!!!

Mousee17
October 25th, 1999, 09:05 AM
I really liked Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikurhilitza's exhibition performance of Barcelona. The choreography was great for them, it really suited their style, for a fast song.

Willowdale
October 25th, 1999, 12:03 PM
Mousee17, I loved it, too!!!

Mousee17
October 29th, 1999, 10:48 AM
I will never forget Bourne and Kraatz's exhibition performance of "Sometimes when we tough." I loved how they emphasized the security of their edges. And Pasha Grishuk and Evgeny Platov's exhibition performance to the Madonna song, which I cannot recall at this moment. :)