PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Loading new brushes in photoshop.

GoldenMichelle
September 26th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I downloaded some brushes, but I can't get them to show up in the drop down list. I put them under the presets/brushes folder and even tried restarting photoshop, but they aren't showing up. I've never added brushes with Photoshop before so I'm sure I just forgot a step or something. Someone please point me in the right direction!

WorldsGreatestMK
September 26th, 2006, 12:13 AM
hmmm....I never tried that before. Maybe some one who is more experienced can help :)

Katty52
October 7th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Okay, I'm not an expert on this but I just downloaded some brushes to see if I could figure it out and I figured out that if you will go to your

brush dropdown
then click on the little arrow that points to the right
then click on Replace brushes

this will take you or should take you to Plug-ins where you can choose your new brushes and load that set. It works for me, I am running CS2.

Hope this helps

taytay165
October 7th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I'm having trouble even using brushes in Paint Shop Pro 9. I keep thinking I've got some downloaded, but then I really don't, and I don't really know how to use them anyway! It's been really frustrating and the Help menu doesn't really do much. Anyone familiar with this program who could help me too?

- tara

Katty52
October 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Taytay, Since I have no clue about Paint Shop Pro I went to Ask.com and typed in your question. I got this response How do I install new Brushes in Paint Shop Pro (http://teh-indy.livejournal.com/53007.html) This is for PSP7.

Here is for Paint Shop Pro 8 or 9 Upload new brushes in Paint shop Pro 8 or 9 (http://teh-indy.livejournal.com/53319.html)

taytay165
October 7th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks so much Katty. I'll check it out!

GoldenMichelle
October 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks Katty, I actually had figured it out. I had to exit the progam and then reopen it for the brushes to appear. Thanks so much for your help though :)