PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Michelle will we see at Worlds????

Deetlebug
February 13th, 2000, 03:33 PM
I think these quotes from Frank are very telling... Frank Carroll "I'm extremely proud of Michelle. I don't think any of you understand the pressure there is to defend the national title. It's not a walk in the park. The title is difficult to win and to hold. "We've decided that on all our run-throughs until Worlds she will do the triple-triple combination every single time or we will stop the music and start over. She doesn't like to start over. Way to go Frank!! Challenge her, challenge her, challenge her. Can't wait to see that spark and fire at Worlds. With this practice tactic, by the time of World's Michelle won't be thinking about hitting that triple/triple because she needs to "up the ante", she'll be concentrating on keeping the music going so she can finish her program.

Brian
February 13th, 2000, 03:35 PM
Wow, that's great to hear.

Deetlebug
February 13th, 2000, 03:40 PM
Opps!! Please see next message. Thanks

Deetlebug
February 13th, 2000, 03:41 PM
I just had another thought. With World's being pushed back a week because it was moved to France, Michelle has said that by then she will be done with finals. I know for me that's always an adrenyline rush of joy and freedom - (even though I like school and do well). That rush of joy and freedom may just push her right over the top,,,eerrr...I mean push her right to the top of the podium. ;-)

MichelleFANnumber1
February 13th, 2000, 04:18 PM
I think I'll feel much better for Michelle at worlds. All that hype about Michelle not being good enough to win anymore is behind me now, and I can feel like I used to...(over-confident for michelle)...(guarenteed she'll win) LOL!

Anna G
February 13th, 2000, 04:21 PM
Yes, that's very good news.

skatingfan
February 13th, 2000, 08:24 PM
Let us hope and wish her the best. BTW, she finished a mid term right before nats, and she will finish her final exam just before going to Nice. Regardless of how she skates in worlds, I oh so look forward to see her at COI, immediately after worlds.

NicoleMarie
February 13th, 2000, 08:51 PM
Well what kind of Michelle will we see at worlds??? I hope we see the Michelle we all know and love.....skating her heart out...a tripe/triple or two would be nice...hehe...but more than that I want to see her look HAPPY on the ice....I miss that big wide grin when she does her spiral...hasn't seemed to be as wide lately....I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, as I'm sure all of you are too. GO MICHELLE!!

Valerie
February 14th, 2000, 06:01 AM
Discipline! This will help Michelle in my opinion. Despite how much I love seeing Michelle study at UCLA, I do completely believe that it has affected her skating. She *needs* to be happy again.

Armchairskater
February 14th, 2000, 07:04 AM
I'm glad to hear that quote form Frank. Michelle needs some pushing right now to keep her on focus. In regards to the article discussed in another thread, I don't necessarily think that it's a bad thing for Frank to be pushing her at this time in her career, while Danny Kwan seems to have a natural fatherly desire to see his daughter living a full life. I think there needs to be a tension there to keep her in balance, as long as there is not a show-down between family and coach. Of course, neither man should "control" Michelle--she needs to be in control of her own life--yet she needs in her life both someone to push her and others to love her and give her approval as a complete person and to defend her right to lead a full life.

Googoo
February 14th, 2000, 07:39 AM
Now that's interesting. Normally there is no stopping. Wow I hope it helps. How annoying must it be to have to start the program over-- do the 2 axel and 3z/2 toe combo and then try the 3/3 again. Yes the LP for Worlds is in April! I'm glad Mk will be done with her final.

kwanluv
February 14th, 2000, 09:24 AM
For me I have to agree with some of the others thoughts. I do miss her smile and energy. I know she's under alot of pressure, but I think that's behind her now (I hope). Once worlds comes around, she'll be done with school and relieved, I'm sure! Hopefully, that relief will give her that "Go for it and have fun attitude" and knock us all out with strong, clean and beautiful performance of "Red Violin" :)

Beth2000
February 14th, 2000, 11:08 AM
I think we will see MK not under pressure at the World's. She doesn't have to defend her title. It is Maria that has to defend her title and Irina that has something to prove. Remember Irina won the GPF and the judges will be expecting her to do a couple of 3/3's. Michelle has nothing to lose!

Karin
February 14th, 2000, 02:28 PM
WELL let's hope Frank doesn't have to stop the music!!!