PDA

View Full Version : EXHIBITIONS NATIONALS*

lilpnoy847
February 15th, 2000, 12:52 PM
Did anyone attend? PLEASE GIVE A REVIEW

September29
February 15th, 2000, 02:45 PM
I was there! Michelle was INCREDIBLE! I hate to agree with the critics - I certainly don't think Red Violin was FLAT - but it did seem to be missing a little bit of her usual...passion? I don't know something, although I definitely still thought it was the BEST of the night. Anyway, at the exhibition, she had it all back. Every jump was completely flawless, and she seemed to be feeling the program much more the way she usually does. I was so excited about it! Then, they had her do about half of the short program, starting from the middle. They did the same thing with Michael Weiss, although I doubt they show it on TV. Did you want to know about anyone else, or just Michelle. Oh yeah, Sasha fell during her program. THAT'S why Michelle won!!!

Beth2000
February 15th, 2000, 02:50 PM
September29 just in case you haven't heard MK is having boot problems that was why she was having problems with both of her programs. But do tell us more.

mano
February 15th, 2000, 02:51 PM
during her exhibition? Please clarify? BTW, was it another classical piece with a lot of ballet movements?

September29
February 15th, 2000, 03:00 PM
Yes, Sasha fell! I was just discussing it with my husband and he thinks she fell twice, but I only remember one clearly (I was too excited about seeing Michelle soon to remember). And, yes it was another classical piece, like the rest. Sarah Hughes skated a really spectacular performance to Celine Dion/Andre Bocelli's The Prayer. Michael Weiss did the number from last year with the wig - he definitely got the crowd the most wound up. Michelle, got a nice standing ovation and LOTS of applause. I stood up even though none of the people around me did!

Beth2000
February 15th, 2000, 03:07 PM
dear have you heard from Woofy yet with the MK/Sarah story? You had better let us know about it. LOL!

Scout
February 15th, 2000, 05:19 PM
Here's another review from someone on RSSIF who attended: "Overall, the exhibition was pretty boring -- most of the skaters rehashed their short programs only this time they fell on everything because they were so exhausted. It is also clear how valuable performing experience is -- Michael Weiss and Michelle Kwan were in a whole different league when it came to entertaining. Speaking of Michelle, her "Hands" program was the highlight. She just flows throughout the whole number. Her encore was even more exciting -- she skated her short program from the spiral through the end and she simply flew. Her spins blurred and her footwork had such great attack. I only wish she could put this speed into her competitions! I didn't take notes on anyone but if I am remembering correctly, the rest of the performances were as follows (in no particular order): Scott & Dulebohn skated to "Upside Down" by Donna Summer (this program had one or two cute moments where ther choreography matched the lyrics. Ina & Zimmerman skated to new age music and did some very unusual and not especially attractive lifts. Spielberg & Joeright skated to a remake of a song by Journey, the title of which escapes me. Sarah Hughes skated to an Andrea Bocelli/Celine Dion duet. Sasha Cohen skated a number very similar to her competitive programs, very balletic. Tim Goebel skated the exhibition he has been skating all year. Trifun did "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" again. Michael Weiss skated to his COI K.C. and the Sunshine Band program. The dancers did their Latin ODs That's all I can remember. Jen" (END) Do we dare even hope that they might show some or all of the medal ceremony (ladies) or *gasp* Michelle's encore performance? Can't wait to see Hands again. Suzanne

mano
February 15th, 2000, 06:16 PM
for the wonderful review. Can't wait until Sunday!!! Beth, here's the links to Woofy's tale. I don't think he knew he was going to get such a response from over 100 people at FSW when he singled Kwanette, Whistler, and myself out. He decided to save time emailing people by sharing the whole story on FSW: Woofy Part I <A HREF=http://www.fsworld.com/bboard/Forum3/HTML/000611.html >http://www.fsworld.com/bboard/Forum3/HTML/000611.html </A> Woofy Part II <A HREF=http://www.fsworld.com/bboard/Forum3/HTML/000622.html >http://www.fsworld.com/bboard/Forum3/HTML/000622.html </A> Also thanks to Scout for posting the review from rssif. Saves me from having to sift through the not so nice threads in there.