PDA

View Full Version : MK and 3/3 combos

Brian
February 8th, 2000, 03:50 PM
One thing that really frustrates me about this is some people's assumptions that MK can just decide one day that she will have a 3flip/3toe or 3lutz/3toe. She can't pull these combos from thin air. Do people realize that these combos take hours of practice time, which MK has less of since she is in college. I agree MK needs them, but people really need to put this in perspective. Some people want everything NOW.

ML
February 8th, 2000, 03:54 PM
ITA Brain :) I believe Michelle will have these 3/3 combos by 2002 and WINs the Oly. GOLD :)

Karin
February 8th, 2000, 03:58 PM
Yes ITA...MK needs those more difficult 3/3s for next season...and probably a must for Salt Lake... But I have a feeling that MK hasn't really mastered those combos 100% YET...she probably hasn't practised them as much...college does consume a lot of time (and I definitely think MK made a great choice...school can make someone happy esp. when MK has not been in "school" for many many years!!!...funny how we sometimes take things for granted!!!)... I think that MK possibly has less training time than many other skaters (college)...which may have interfered with her mastering of combos...which I am quite confident will come in time... hopefully she'll get lots of practice and can land those 3/3's and 3axel consistently... and stay perfectly healthy... Let's keep our fingers crossed that MK will not be "defeated" in 2002 Olympics by another skater's 3/3!!! I believe in MK!!!... :-)

Jarrett
February 8th, 2000, 04:05 PM
Triple Lutz/Triple Toe. I remember at the World Pros in 1998, she was said to be landing them in practice. But Sandra said she didn't need that to win. I am not saying she should put it in if it is not ready. Heck, I would be happy if she skates and did all her great triple/double combos.

Karin
February 8th, 2000, 04:09 PM
that MK has landed different 3/3's in practice!!!...there have been several witnesses to that!!! MK did mention the 3z/3loop, 3sal/3loop, and 3axel!!! To me...if MK hasn't landed them...she wouldn't mention it!!! I just think that she isn't consistent enough...and may be didn't see the "need" to use them this year!!!... Time is very important!!! But then again...there is the frightening thought of her not able to land them!!!... NOOOO!!! Good luck MK!!! *BUT then again...Mk did have the trouble with the 2axel last season...which could probably be attributed to practicing the 3axel!!!...and then her recent troubles with the 3loop...isn't there some speculation...that it has to do with her timing because of practising the 3loop combos??? GO MK!!! Tick tock tick tock!!!...

Brian
February 8th, 2000, 04:16 PM
MK has landed different 3/3's in practice. They probably are not consistent though and since MK has decided to go to college her practice time is less. I need to just say one more thing, I wish some people on this board would calm down. If MK looses she looses. IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD if she does. It just seems like everyone is looking at the negative and not the positive. Just my opinion.

Karin
February 8th, 2000, 04:37 PM
Yes Brian :-) IT is definitely not the end of the world...nor is it "life or death"... & in her own words...it's not like she's "going to die if [she] comes in second!!!" :-)

ML
February 8th, 2000, 04:59 PM
MK is doing it !!!!!! [Chemy's animation] ;)

chippy4mk
February 8th, 2000, 06:49 PM
You're right, it is not life or death. It only means that there will be no watching over and over of MK's winning program for me. LOL Hey, I still have not watched her Nagano LP yet. I swore to myself that I will eventually watch it after she medals gold at SLC.

ILuvMKwan
February 8th, 2000, 08:53 PM
I love your Chemy's animation!!!! What a truly perfect quadruple lutz MK is doing!!! It looks soooooo easy and effortless!!!!

vive_la_reine
February 8th, 2000, 09:26 PM
Chippy4MK--Actually, I have watched the Nagano LP many times and find it to be a very moving, emotional performance. I know most people probably don't agree, but in some ways, I find it more moving than the Nationals. At the Nationals, Michelle skated with total joy, abandonment and speed. And of course, everybody really got caught up in all of the 6.0s. However, what amazed me at the Olympics is that a single skater could create such a different mood with the same program. Michelle had so much pressure to fight off. I was extremely amazed that she did so well at both the Nationals and the Olympics. I love both performances for different reasons.

AYS
February 9th, 2000, 03:11 AM
There is one thing that everyone seems to have completely forgotten through all this "MK needs to up the tech content, etc". MK has said many times that she can't focus too much on what other skaters are doing. She focuses on what she can do, and on challenging herself. I believe she would have more difficult combos if she could do them consistently now. The fact that she doesn't indicates to me that she and/or Frank just haven't felt they were consistent enough, not that she is complacent and thinks she can definitely win without them. That's why I'm completely unsurprised that her 3/3 plans haven't changed merely because of what Irina did, or what Sarah plans to do. And others may disagree, but IMO, the lack of the 3/3 in Nagano related more to her stress fracture than it did to them not thinking she would need it (although they may have thought so). If she hadn't been injured during that fall, I imagine she would have aimed at including it. Some may criticize her for not having made 3/3s a priority for herself over these last 2 seasons, but she has apparently been focusing on developing other aspects of both her skating and her life.

Googoo
February 9th, 2000, 04:58 AM
ITA with you GinnySmith. Brian, in a way some people act like MK CAN'T do the 3/3's. It's like "Irina's got 2 3/3's. It's over!"