PDA

View Full Version : My MK Pillows

Lukicraze
July 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Okay, so I've been working on more stencils/crafts since my last stencil post! (See here (http://www.mkforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14182).)

I bought some new bedding for my college dorm room, and I decided to make my own accent pillows because it would A) be cheaper and B) be more creative/personal. So I've made 4 pillows. Three are going to sit in front of some pillows I'll have against the wall, and one will go up against my sham at the head of my bed. I made all 4 out of my own stencils (made from tinkering around with images in my Paint Shop Pro program). I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome, except the last pillow (the one taken from an picture with her Worlds East of Eden dress). It was my first "detail" stencil (not just a silhouette) and I still have some more work to do with those type of stencils, but I still like the pillow enough to keep it. So, yeah. After stenciling the designs onto the material, I sewed/stuffed them. And for all of them, I probably spent less than 5 dollars. So I'll quit blabbering and show you the outcome! (The first three pillows/set picture shows the bedding underneath.)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/sparkedorange/pillows.jpg

The set together:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/sparkedorange/pillow-set.jpg

And the last one:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/sparkedorange/pillow-four.jpg

So there you go. Just thought I'd post my work...thought maybe some fellow MK fans would understand my crazy habit of incorporating Michelle everywhere. I think it only shows how obsessed I've become... :P

timothy d
July 4th, 2006, 04:43 PM
The third pillow shown looks like Sasha!!

........;) ........:P

WorldsGreatestMK
July 4th, 2006, 04:44 PM
That is so kool. I want one now :)

witchykitty
July 4th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Wow, those are good!

michelle2006
July 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM
OMG!!!!!! Exceptional, creative, fanstastic, Kwanerrific!

:clap

:bow .....:bow .....:bow WOW!!!

MichelleKwanFan!
July 5th, 2006, 08:54 AM
They're beautiful! :)

taytay165
July 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Those are so great! I bet the look FABULOUS in your room. :) Thanks for sharing. I love them!

- tara

Lukicraze
July 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Aww...thanks for the compliments everyone! :) And you pesky mr pru...I reassure you it's MK. Nothing against Sasha, but...no--it's Michelle. :) (Is this how one Kentuckian treats another Kentuckian? Come on now!)

WorldsGreatestMK
July 5th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Are you planning on selling any??? Love them too much :D

timothy d
July 6th, 2006, 07:47 PM
....pesky.....?!?!?!?!?!

I'm just a big ol' cuddly teddy bear!!

I was just messin' with ya'!

....pesky...??..........................*goes off to pout and nurse knife wound in back*

:hug

Lukicraze
July 6th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Are you planning on selling any??? Love them too much :D

Umm!! Well, I wasn't planning on selling any. I made these specific ones to match my bedding, so I plan on keeping them. But I guess I could always make some more...give me a PM with the colors you have in mind or something, and maybe we can work something out! :)

....pesky.....?!?!?!?!?!

I'm just a big ol' cuddly teddy bear!!

I was just messin' with ya'!

....pesky...??..........................*goes off to pout and nurse knife wound in back*

Aaah, I was just kidding, too. :) No hard feelings. Really. :D And I promise I didn't stab your back. I'm too afraid of knives! I would have been wayyyy to squeamish. Besides, I may not like Sasha that much, but I surely wasn't THAT peaved.

loociex3
July 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
wow those are amazing!!

if you WERE to make ones to sell, what would the price range be? :)

Lukicraze
July 6th, 2006, 08:49 PM
wow those are amazing!!

if you WERE to make ones to sell, what would the price range be? :)

haha...oh, boy. what am I getting myself into... ;) Umm...I'd say for the pillows themselves...maybe 5 bucks each? I really don't know. I wouldn't be looking to make a profit or anything.

MichelleKwanFan!
July 7th, 2006, 12:25 AM
im curious

how did u make the stencil?

la ah
July 7th, 2006, 03:01 AM
cool pillows! good job! :)

marie23
July 7th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Aww...thanks for the compliments everyone! And you pesky mr pru...I reassure you it's MK. Nothing against Sasha, but...no--it's Michelle. (Is this how one Kentuckian treats another Kentuckian? Come on now!)

Are you sure it's not Naomi Nari N, actually? I'm asking because I have pic I thought it was Michelle - in a blue (bleu marine or smth like that) costume - in this sort of layback position.
I can't link you the pic, but I'll try later.
In any case those are really nice!

ETA: Sorry, I think you are right! Is this pic from Lyra prog?

IceSkate98
July 7th, 2006, 03:25 PM
What an original idea! LOVE the pillows! :clap

Lukicraze
July 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks, everyone! :)

A quick couple of replies...

im curious

how did u make the stencil?

Okay...I'll try to explain the process briefly. I have Paint Shop Pro...I choose the image I want to make, and start off by erasing everything that's around Michelle (such as the boards around the rink, the roaring-with-applause audience [;)], etc...). Then, I typically make the image black-and-white by using the greyscale function. Then, I play around with the brightness and contrast, until the image is really dark, and the outline of the figure is really clear. Then, I typically play around with the darkness of the image until the figure is basically really dark. Sometimes, I'll minimize the colors to 2-bit, so it's just plain black and white. That gives me the silhouette. I resize to the size I want, and print it out onto cardstock. I then cut out the black (silhouette) with a craft knife. NOTE--I have to leave "bridges" for parts of the image that are white totally enclosed by black. (In other words, if I were to cut out all of the black around the white [stuff that shouldn't be painted...such as the spaces inside her skating blade], then the white would be taken away as well, and EVERYTHING would be painted.) So, I have to make sure there is some of the outside connecting to the inside white. So then I tape the stencil to the material and paint over it. Then, I have to go back with a paintbrush and "connect the bridges" I made earlier, so there aren't gaps where there shouldn't be. I know that was probably really confusing, but it's hard to explain. There are a few stenciling forums/sites around that you can check into to get the specifics on what I mean. But that's generally how I create it. Hope that helped some!

Are you sure it's not Naomi Nari N, actually? I'm asking because I have pic I thought it was Michelle - in a blue (bleu marine or smth like that) costume - in this sort of layback position.
I can't link you the pic, but I'll try later.
In any case those are really nice!

ETA: Sorry, I think you are right! Is this pic from Lyra prog?

I'm next to positive the picture I have is of Michelle...not the Lyra program. Not sure which program it is, but here (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/sparkedorange/layback2.jpg)'s the picture I used. Like I said...I'm next to positive that it's our MK. :) If not, please correct me!

timothy d
July 7th, 2006, 06:31 PM
That's Michelle all right!

I can tell by her.........um..........well.......hmmmm....never mind!.....:angel

michelle2006
July 7th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Mr Pru.

Baaaadddd man, lol.

Lukicraze
July 7th, 2006, 08:08 PM
That's Michelle all right!

I can tell by her.........um..........well.......hmmmm....never mind!.....:angel

HAHAHAHA. Oh...dear. It is a rather interesting picture. Good thing it turns to a G-Rated image when I make a silhouette stencil out of it. :)

timothy d
July 8th, 2006, 10:49 AM
My apologies, but she IS a beautiful young lady with an outstanding figure, and I am a normal red-blooded American male!!!!!............:P .........;)

MichelleKwanFan!
July 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks, everyone! :)

A quick couple of replies...

Okay...I'll try to explain the process briefly. I have Paint Shop Pro...I choose the image I want to make, and start off by erasing everything that's around Michelle (such as the boards around the rink, the roaring-with-applause audience [;)], etc...). Then, I typically make the image black-and-white by using the greyscale function. Then, I play around with the brightness and contrast, until the image is really dark, and the outline of the figure is really clear. Then, I typically play around with the darkness of the image until the figure is basically really dark. Sometimes, I'll minimize the colors to 2-bit, so it's just plain black and white. That gives me the silhouette. I resize to the size I want, and print it out onto cardstock. I then cut out the black (silhouette) with a craft knife. NOTE--I have to leave "bridges" for parts of the image that are white totally enclosed by black. (In other words, if I were to cut out all of the black around the white [stuff that shouldn't be painted...such as the spaces inside her skating blade], then the white would be taken away as well, and EVERYTHING would be painted.) So, I have to make sure there is some of the outside connecting to the inside white. So then I tape the stencil to the material and paint over it. Then, I have to go back with a paintbrush and "connect the bridges" I made earlier, so there aren't gaps where there shouldn't be. I know that was probably really confusing, but it's hard to explain. There are a few stenciling forums/sites around that you can check into to get the specifics on what I mean. But that's generally how I create it. Hope that helped some!

Thank you so much for explaining! :D