PDA

View Full Version : How many of you...

tara637
August 17th, 2000, 08:31 AM
have met Michelle???
I haven't but my sister has.:( My sister asked if I wanted to meet Michelle but I thought that she was kidding:( so I said NO and then she brought all these pictures home with her and Michelle.That is not fair I wish I would have said yes.

Googoo
August 17th, 2000, 08:40 AM
How did your sister meet Michelle Tara? That is so cool!
I haven't me Michelle.. yet! But I will try to next year at COI! I'll have Diane and Mano and Scheherezade and other New York/Jersey-ites to back me up right ladies?? ;)

chinadoll
August 17th, 2000, 08:49 AM
i've met her twice. not at fan events, though. she was really nice and gracious even though i intruded on her "private time". i hope to meet her again at the next COI (arrowhead pond) or at 2m2 nationals.

tara637
August 17th, 2000, 08:59 AM
My sister's friend's grandmother knows Frank Carol(SP), I think that is how they got to meet Michelle.I am not sure I will have to ask my sister.

angelofmine
August 17th, 2000, 09:22 AM
I met Michelle for the first time at this past COI Seattle, which was one of the highlights of my year. :) She was very sweet (if not exhausted) and took the time to sign for all of the waiting fans.

Skatingfan2002
August 17th, 2000, 09:26 AM
Imzadi, you got to meet Michelle at the arrohead pond? How did you do that, did you have backstage pases? Next time I'll have to go with you!! :) I have only come close to shaking her hand at the COI tours not nothing more than that. :(

Artec262
August 17th, 2000, 09:32 AM
I didn't chance to meet her yet.

Corbon91
August 17th, 2000, 09:56 AM
I had a friend that met Michelle at LAX once. He was getting his luggage and sat down when Michelle sat down right next to him. My friend didn't know who she was but his sister did. She got her autograph. When he told me this story, I got insanely jealous!!!!

Beth2000
August 17th, 2000, 10:07 AM
Not yet still working on it. Of course once I figure out how to meet her then I will need to figure out to actually open my mouth and say something :lol

amandadupre
August 17th, 2000, 11:00 AM
I haven't met her, but I met her sister, after the 1998 Worlds in Minneapolis. Her sister is so nice! It's a dream of mine though to meet Michelle and sing for her while she skates (another dream of mine is to become a professional singer)

Victoriacai
August 17th, 2000, 11:03 AM
No I haven't.:(

Luv2Sk8
August 17th, 2000, 11:22 AM
I met her at 98 Nats and I almost died! I really wanted to say something like, you are my idol, you are awesome, You are the best skater ever, but instead just froze and handed her a sheet of paper to sign. My mom said something along the lines of you r such a sweet heart to do this and I just stood there thinking, Mom be quiet! don't embaress me! but I didn't do anything. I just stood there with my jaw on the floor and got her autograph.

tara637
August 17th, 2000, 11:45 AM
If I did meet her I wouldn't know what to say!!

kwanette
August 17th, 2000, 03:51 PM
got her autograph, she was so adorable...We got to her right after her sp interview and also at the Sat morning practice the day of the lp...I was on top of the Budweiser sign as she was leaving the rink...and I shouted..."Michelle, look up!" She did , I took her picture and yelled"I love you!" She laughed and said "Thank-you..."...Tara, 637, I also got to meet your fav skater who was also very gracious...

tara637
August 17th, 2000, 04:22 PM
Kwanette-Where did you meet my favorite skater?? I met her at SOI.:)

I am sooo jealous of you all who met Michelle.

Shallah
August 17th, 2000, 04:34 PM
at Skate Canada International '99. I was standing with a group of people hoping for autographs and she signed my Skate Canada poster (which I still need to get framed!) but all I could manage to say as I gawked at her was "thank you". {sigh} I should have practiced saying SOMETHING so I might have at least choaked out "I admire you Ms. Kwan" when the chance came!!!

GMAN
August 17th, 2000, 06:32 PM
I haven`t:( :( I want to get a back stage pass next year at COI! But, I hope Michelle will write back to me from the "Good Luck next season Michelle!" Book and say a little something! That would be so cool!!!

kwanette
August 18th, 2000, 12:41 AM
At nats in 98...in the stands watching Todd and during one of the morning practice sessions!

Joshua
August 18th, 2000, 01:19 AM
...at COI this year. So if I never meet her again, I won't feel bad. It's amazing how I found it incredible that one could be so star struck that they were rendered speechless and swore that it would never happen to be; but when push came to shove, I didn't even thank her after she had signed my program.

Liz D.
August 18th, 2000, 03:33 AM
I met her at COI backstage! Go to:
kwancentral.virtualave.ne...troit.html (http://kwancentral.virtualave.net/coi_detroit.html) to see my review and pictures. :D

tara637
August 18th, 2000, 05:11 AM
How do you get backstage passes?

Candy Y
August 18th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Nope. =*(

(I don't usually post -I like reading posts better, but I still visit daily like a faithful fan and i do my chicken sacrifices! LOL! =)

Recently, I found out that my friend's dad actually knows MK's *DAD*! She said they were childhood friends back in China - she's talked to Michelle's dad on the phone but never to Michelle. =(

Btw, how *do* you meet skaters during competitions? Do you just go during practice and shout at them or something? 'Cause I think that would be a bit "strange"... I'm going to the 2001 Worlds, and I am really clueless to this kind of stuff? Or do you just approach them while they're off the ice? Help!!! (puzzled) =)

-Candy

~Keeper of MK's footwork sequence in Kissing You =)

belladella
August 18th, 2000, 11:16 AM
Hi Candy Y Welcome to the Michelle Kwan Forum affectionately known as MKF.

I have never met Michelle Kwan. I have never even seen her perform in person. I have never seen a live skating show or competition. It's my dream to meet Michelle one day, get her autograph and then probably totally lose my New York City, supersophisticated urban cool and go totally speechless.

Kat
August 18th, 2000, 11:51 AM
My cousin's co-worker had met Michelle at UCLA. She stayed at the dorm he himself stayed in. He said that she blends right in and most students are used to having celebrities around so it's no big deal. He also mentioned that she had seemed down-to-earth and friendly.