PDA

View Full Version : Music compilation

justsk8
July 24th, 2000, 06:21 PM
I know someone out there was working on getting all of Michelle's music together on a CD, but I forgot who it is! Who are you, and how's it coming?

~Just curious. :)

Francis
July 26th, 2000, 04:40 PM
Hi, Francis here. I've been working on it for a while. I have more than enough music to fill 2 cds, and have come up with this collection. Most are from Napster, and some are d I'm not even done finding everything.

I will put whatever songs you ask for in the cd, depending if others want 1 cd or 2 cds, or more (I can only fit 70 minutes on 1 cd and I don't have any editing tools to just cut out the parts that Michelle skated to in those long classical songs). However, I'm not done with it yet so I will not start giving it out til later on.

My collection so far (not in any particular order):

Jewel Hands
Les Miserables On My Own (lea version, cant find the shimada one)
One More Time
Greensleves
Rach - Finale alle breve
Rondo Capriccioso
There She Goes (sixpence from coi and the la's from worlds)
That Thing You Do
Dante's Prayer
Salome's Dance (Strauss)
Beatles Michelle (what Danny Kwan named Michelle after)
Sabre Dance
Kissing You
Mulan Reflection (lea and christina version)
Pocahontas (Riverbend and Listen to your Heart)
East of Eden
Gymnopedie 3 (weird flute version)
Lyra Angelica
World Is Not Enough
Winter
Red Violin Soundtrack
Massenet Orch Suites 1-3
Celine Dion That's The Way It Is
(Faith Hill Breathe)

-sorry for the unorganized list
I still have to get
Piano Trio #2
Carmen
Massenet Orch Suite 6
Gulistan Bayaty Shiraz
Lion of the Desert
Romanza
and others..
I doubt I'll get the other cds like (Lion of the Desert) because it's quite expensive trying to buy all this music.

This should be done by september. (waiting for more paychecks and deliveries) More details later... :)

-Francis

justsk8
July 26th, 2000, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the update! I would get however many CD's it takes to get all of Michelle's music! It'll be cool when you get it done. Too bad you can't edit them- but it's not a big deal. This is so nice of you to do!

One question, is the version of Hands that you have the one she actually skated to, or the one from Jewel's Spirit CD? If my memory is right, the one she actually skated to was from Jewel's Christmas CD. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious. (Seems like I'm always curious about something!)

:)

Francis
July 26th, 2000, 10:04 PM
Yup, the version I have is the Hands from the Christmas Album, which is the one she skated too.

Corbon91
July 27th, 2000, 05:17 AM
Hey Francis,

That's sounds cool! I'm interested. Let us know when you're finished. Ok?

Corbon91

Dolphine
July 27th, 2000, 05:35 AM
Sounds great! Thanks for your work. Please let us know when you're done. :)

badhairday
July 27th, 2000, 10:24 AM
Francis, what you're doing is really sweet. I will also look for the other music that you have listed and haven't found.

sw3
July 28th, 2000, 09:12 AM
I have the version of OMO to which MK skated. My cd is called 'Highlights from the Complete Symphonic International Cast Recording.' I bought it at a Camelot music store about 3-4 years ago. I enjoy it much more than my other Les Miz cd's b/c I know MK skated to this version. :)

sw

Icare
July 28th, 2000, 12:34 PM
This is so cool. I will be watching this thread for your progress. Francis, thank you for letting us know.

justsk8
August 14th, 2000, 05:27 PM
Hi Francis- I just wanted to bump this up and say that I would be willing to buy a CD or two of music of Michelle's that you don't have yet. I'll send it to you and you can use them for the compilation and then whenever you finish you can just return them to me. If you give me a list of all the stuff you still need, I'll pick some stuff that I would actually listen to more on the CD than just whatever Michelle skated to. :) Let me know if you want me to help in this way. You can do it here or email me at knight@swns.net (sorry, Beth!)

Dave
August 15th, 2000, 06:56 AM
I have Gulistan Bayaty Shiraz and would be happy to send it to you if you'd return it after you're done.

You can write me at dave.thornton@bankofamerica.com

Francis
August 15th, 2000, 07:19 AM
Wow, Kimberly and Dave, that is very nice of you. For now though, I'll try and get most of the cds myself, but if I need something I'll let you guys know. Thank you! I appreciate the help. I'm almost done with it. I just need to buy a few more cds when I have the money.

-Francis

iloveskating
August 15th, 2000, 08:20 AM
With all the recent hoopla about Napster, I was just wondering...is this legal??

Shallah
August 15th, 2000, 11:02 AM
One report on the to-do on NBC nightly news said that a person can make copy of their music on tapes for themselves and their friends. If this is 100% legal I don't see why sharing music on Napster is wrong myself.

badhairday
August 16th, 2000, 02:48 PM
Is there a way i can get a copy of some of those songs? Is there a place i can download it?

skatingfan
August 21st, 2000, 06:30 AM
USMC, please let us know when you finish your project.